Long shot - trailering a bench seat via the Nats

Here is the place to discuss the Nationals, each year will have a new thread added for up-to-date info!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Harv
State: NSW

Long shot - trailering a bench seat via the Nats

Post by Harv »

Gents,

This is a long, long shot but I'll try.

I've been hunting down red and silver trim for the EK wagon for a while. Many of you have helped out with various odds and ends (with thanks 8) ), and I now almost have enough bits to piece together a workable set. The one thing I have not been able to get hold of is a red and silver front bench seat. As luck would have it, Tim has one, located up near Brisbane. It needs some work, but is just what I have been hunting for.

I can try to get it freighted from Brisbane to Sydney, though am hoping to avoid it if I can. I'm hoping to organise a freight relay via Cowra... fingers crossed.

Are any of the Queensland boys going to the Nats with enough trailer space to cart the bench seat to Cowra for me?
Are any of the Sydney/NSW guys passing through Sydney (Parramatta) with enough trailer space to bring back the seat from the Nats?

Sadly, I won't be making the Nats this year so can't drag it back myself.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Stationsedanman
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: Long shot - trailering a bench seat via the Nats

Post by Stationsedanman »

Hey Harv,

There's a set of red and silver EK seat trims just come up on eBay item # 111295015824
He's also got a front seat. Located in SE Melbourne

Cheers Nick
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

Harv, I will be bringing a near on empty ute back from Cowra to Sydney ..........................
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Harv

Post by Harv »

Thanks guys - appreciated.

The trim in Melbourne looks OK, though the seat is about the same (or a little worse) than Tims.

Blacky - offer very much appreciated.

Now all I need is an empty trailer from Brisbane to the Nats.... anyone? Happy to kick-in a carton of beer for your trouble (to go with the one that I would owe Blacky).

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Harv

Post by Harv »

Bump.

Anyone with some trailer or ute space driving from Brisbane to the Nats?

Don't make me sit on milk crates in the wagon :oops: .

Cheers,
Harv
bootlegger
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by bootlegger »

Harv if you cant tee something up from brisbane I got a bench seat for my eh van freighted from there to my door for $120.
Harv

Post by Harv »

Thanks Dave... still hunting but may have to get the couriers name off you.

I'm persona non-gratia with the local freight company at the moment (e-Go's local representative).... something about dropping a supercharger from a great height... twice :evil: . Nothing like watching them carry a 20L tub up to your door with bolts falling out of it.

Cheers,
Harv
Harv

Post by Harv »

Bump... anyone got spare room in a Qld trailer?

Cheers,
Harv