Red Fleck Trim

Includes seating, upholstery, door trims, dashboard and heater.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Craig Allardyce
State: VIC

Red Fleck Trim

Post by Craig Allardyce »

Hi all just posting an update on progress of my trim getting made in the states.
Cheers. :thumbsup:
http://www.fbekholden.com/forum/viewtop ... 24#p199724
Last edited by Craig Allardyce on Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stinky
State: SA

Re: Red Fleck Trim

Post by stinky »

Good luck, if you are using the same place that I am don't get your hopes up just yet.
I am getting FE/FC swirly rooflining made, the first roll from initial email to delivery at my door (via Austria!) took just over 3 years :crazy:
The second roll that I ordered (and paid in full) in July 2013 is still "being worked on", or at least that's what they tell me every fortnight when I email them for updates.
Craig Allardyce
State: VIC

Post by Craig Allardyce »

Its a funny thing Stinky. I got my headlining back in a matter of weeks and it was top notch. I couldn't fault it against an original. One off patterns like mine, that they have probably never done before, would take some time to do. I can imagine the work that goes into doing the moulds for the die electric embossing of the vinyl let alone the rest for all the other intricate colour schemes etc. I'm happy to wait but I hope its not 3 years! :wtf:

P.S. why is yours going via Austria????? I gather yours is getting done in the states too.
stinky
State: SA

Post by stinky »

Off the shelf stuff should be easy for them, the random star pattern roof lining is a stock item for them and I can knock up a roof lining in 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
They have the pattern already for my rooflining, that is what the first three years was for, to get the pattern right it's just a matter of them running off my second roll. Doesn't help when they lose the colour samples I sent over.

The material went to Austria because of either a typo or them ticking the wrong box for UPS, they didn't even tell me it was coming, the first I knew something was up was when I got an email in German from UPS. That little slip cost a few weeks because they had to wait for UPS to try an deliver it and then get in touch with them when they couldn't.

If you want a little more insight into who you are dealing with, check their Facebook page (if they haven't deleted it yet) and view the "posts by others", you can also look them up on the American Better Business Bureau.Their quality is great, their business practices - not so much :silent: