Lady Luck Festival

Post dates and info on upcoming events, or pictures from events that have been on...

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

space ace
State: NSW

Lady Luck Festival

Post by space ace »

A great day at Katoomba 18/1/2014
http://www.ladyluckfestival.com.au
Pete
Woofto Car Club Member No 1
FB EK Forum Member No: 249
oli

Re: Lady Luck Festival

Post by oli »

:ughh: Why is this always on when i'm at work! Was looking forward to it this year
WayneXG95

Post by WayneXG95 »

I was as well but it's drive in night... :D
Wayne Chambers
President
FB EK Holden Car Club of N.S.W
space ace

Post by space ace »

Whew very warm day,good roll out however,took a few snaps:
Pete
Woofto Car Club Member No 1
FB EK Forum Member No: 249
Mick

Post by Mick »

cool thanks :thumbsup: was going but some mates changed there minds could have met up with some others but i thought to f#%kin hot :(
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Cal
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by Cal »

Thanks for the photo's, Pete. :thumbsup:

Same here, wanted to go but the heat was too much
WayneXG95

Post by WayneXG95 »

Thanks for the Hawk pic pete! :D
Wayne Chambers
President
FB EK Holden Car Club of N.S.W
Brian Westlake

Post by Brian Westlake »

Looks like a good do mate. As soon as I saw the GT Hawk I thought of Wayne too. The trucks are cool, plus the Coral EK stocker and of course the Crown. Thanks for the pics.
Tony Lurline Street.
EK Kustom

Post by EK Kustom »

that's my violet sedan

I love the reactions from purists when they see my car its priceless. ha ha ha.

I drove out from Orange with my buddy Ron in his 60's styled 34 3window. We had a great day and my stroked 6 used the same small amount of fuel as his V8 so that was a bonus. Even with me occasionally gassing it.
Cal

Post by Cal »

EK Kustom wrote:that's my violet sedan

I drove out from Orange with my buddy Ron in his 60's styled 34 3window. We had a great day and my stroked 6 used the same small amount of fuel as his V8 so that was a bonus. Even with me occasionally gassing it.

Looks nice (and that's coming from a so called purist :wink: ). Got any more photo's ?
hewey

Post by hewey »

Thanks for the pics, I didn't end up making it in the end.

Gregg is that a cut down Chev bumper?
EK Kustom

Post by EK Kustom »

Cal wrote:
EK Kustom wrote:that's my violet sedan

Looks nice (and that's coming from a so called purist :wink: ). Got any more photo's ?
Yes hewie it is, a few yrs back i had a drunk driver fail to give way to the right and i T boned him, the left side was a real mess. I got quotes to fix it but ended up doing it myself. I decided to take it to the next level up from mild. My mate Fccool had just debuted his redo on the wagon so i wanted something to match it. Its pretty radical, not bad for a daily driver with over 2 decades as a custom. Gene Winfield has allways been my idol so this is my tribute to the man. I'm currently working on one piece bubble rear lenses and new bolt in housings vaguely based on the stock taillight setup. That should blow some minds. AS for everything i removed off the car i gave most of it away to people restoring cars, they needed it more than me.

As for laughing at the purists i meant the casual passerby's in the street. Who shake there heads and grumble or verbally abuse me for wrecking a good car. Little do people know this car was considered non salvergable by my restorer mates when i bought it, but it was only my years spent restoring Vauxhall's and then old &*#@'s and dodges that got me through it. You couldn't get a bigger old car purist than me, i dig everything.
bootlegger

Post by bootlegger »

Your custom is cool. I know you arent worried what the purists say. There are plenty of stockers to bore people.
Being a hard core restorer I still love seeing an interesting custom and yours is really well done.
I have a 54 chevy two door hardtop project. Its screaming to be chopped but im torn by my restorers tendencies.
EK Kustom

Post by EK Kustom »

I had a great day on Saturday and hope to attend some FB/EK outings in the future.

Bootlegger don't chop it then, I once chopped a 42 chevy pickup and after it was done I realized I couldn't sit in it. Just a simple nose and deck job would do if your hesitant to alter a rare car, plus mild lowering. You'd then have a typical highschool street car from back in the day.
You can allways keep the badges plus make a template showing the exact location of the badge holes, by using thin clear plastic sheet from bunnings. Its impervious to moisture plus it doesn't fray or break apart. Its perfect for making bellhousing adaptors etc with a permanent marker pen.
EKfanPaul2

Post by EKfanPaul2 »

I love the old ratty '50 Chevy Pick Up

cheers

Paul K