Australia Day Run

Club Runs, meetings and other news for fans of FBs & EKs in Victoria.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky, VIC Mod

Sarah
State: VIC

Australia Day Run

Post by Sarah »

Hi All

Hope everyone had a lovely Chrissy! Just letting you all know that our next FB EK Holden Car Club of Victoria run will be our traditional Australia Day Picnic Lunch, Sunday the 26th of January, however no longer at Mt Franklin but now at Jells Park in the Dandenong Creek Valley, Wheelers Hill, from noon onwards.

BYO picnic/food/drinks, Car Clubs BBQ trailer will be there for our cooking requirements! Plenty of walking tracks, children's playground and a lovely picnic area. Picnic spot yet to be decided on, I will post it on here once I work it out.

All members and non members welcome. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Thanks Sarah
Craig Allardyce

Re: Australia Day Run

Post by Craig Allardyce »

Bugger,

was looking forward to attending my first run on this day but I will be at work. :ughh:

Anyone else up to much around Melbourne SE way in the next few months?
KRU5IN
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by KRU5IN »

Yeah going to the Kustom Nats at the island this weekend
rosco

Post by rosco »

Ok - Australia Day eve - and no further word on Jell's Park...

Anyone going?

frats,
Rosco
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Yes sorry mate info below, I won't be going however it is an official club run so other members will be there.

January Run, Australia Day Picnic Lunch, Sunday the 26th of January, at Jells Park in the Dandenong Creek Valley, Wheelers Hill, from noon onwards. BYO picnic/food, BBQ trailer will be there for our cooking requirements! Plenty of walking tracks, children's playground and a lovely picnic area.

We will set up at Oaks picnic area being our first preference however if that is full we will back track a little to the Ashes picnic area. These are accessed from the Ferntree Gully Rd entrance.

Sorry for the last min info (& the quick copy & paste). Everyone is welcome to attend.
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Craig maybe look out for Febs run at Hanging Rock car show Sunday 9th of Feb . Bit far for you mate. I will throw up some info soon. Run up your way in April.
Craig Allardyce

Sarah wrote:Craig maybe look out for Febs run at Hanging Rock car show Sunday 9th of Feb . Bit far for you mate. I will throw up some info soon. Run up your way in April.
Thanks Sarah but unfortunately I'll be at work for that one too, double bugger! :thumbsdown:

Anyway I hope everyone has a good day today...........post lots of pictures for us workers please! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
rosco

Post by rosco »

Thanks Sarah - much appreciated.
Might mosey over - don't know what I'll take if I go... EK hasn't been on a run for so, so long...... have to chase the spiders out of the exhaust - maybe fill up the tyres with new air..... few changes in government since I put the last lot in....

Craig - very much looking forward to finally catching up with you... pity, the two events I might make down here this year - ..... well, we'll just have to wait..

frats,
Rosco
greyek

Post by greyek »

I am heading down to Jells Park in my EK, for a picnic
Craig Allardyce

[/quote]Craig - very much looking forward to finally catching up with you... pity, the two events I might make down here this year - ..... well, we'll just have to wait..

frats,
Rosco[/quote]

Yeh same Rosco....been itching to catch up and have a look at some other cars and do the meet and greet thing. Trev is organising a run on Sat the 1st of March for few of us to catch up. Maybe that's a good weekend for you as well.

Cheers

Craig. :thumbsup:
rosco

Post by rosco »

Craig - I've been watching Trev's run... he's extra value - blunt and straight at it..... but a great bloke... and Sam... well, what am I telling you....? Got him inaugurated into his first club nationals and I don't think he ever got over the table he got stuck with..... RT might bring back some fearful memories.... poor Trev was about to launch the retro-rockets to get back to mother Earth.... that was as Nowra.....

You're going to be disappointed with me, Craig... I type a lot, and have been around for yonks with these old buses... but your devotion to purism is well beyond me now...
I am very much looking forward to running my beady little eyes over your build... and each of these little weekend working calamities of yours is probably causing me just a little more grief than you get antagonated with .... trust me, we need to catch up and take a firm hold of the tiller with newbies coming into our "realm"....

Ok - 'nuff typed.... we will finally get together.. and I expect the day will end far too soon...

'Bout to post a couple of pic from today... don't look too closely at my old bus - I only show the "shiny" bits... but more and more of it is getting shiny........ WIP for over 40 years....the interior is a total disgrace.... there's so much retro in there .. that I can look at any one bit and believe I'm driving a totally different car..... maybe I should leave it that way..... how the head spins....

frats,
Rosco
rosco

Post by rosco »

greyek wrote:I am heading down to Jells Park in my EK, for a picnic
Chis, mate.... that is one schmick EK auto.. and I absolutely love your standing on keeping it original.... you've got a great sedan there.... everything is just "right" about it.... how I wish I'd left mine as it came from the factory... .... and, if you ever find another high note horn.... please, please, pretty please let me have first dibs on it......

frats,
Rosco
Craig Allardyce

rosco wrote:Craig - I've been watching Trev's run... he's extra value - blunt and straight at it..... but a great bloke... and Sam... well, what am I telling you....? Got him inaugurated into his first club nationals and I don't think he ever got over the table he got stuck with..... RT might bring back some fearful memories.... poor Trev was about to launch the retro-rockets to get back to mother Earth.... that was as Nowra.....

You're going to be disappointed with me, Craig... I type a lot, and have been around for yonks with these old buses... but your devotion to purism is well beyond me now...
I am very much looking forward to running my beady little eyes over your build... and each of these little weekend working calamities of yours is probably causing me just a little more grief than you get antagonated with .... trust me, we need to catch up and take a firm hold of the tiller with newbies coming into our "realm"....

Ok - 'nuff typed.... we will finally get together.. and I expect the day will end far too soon...

'Bout to post a couple of pic from today... don't look too closely at my old bus - I only show the "shiny" bits... but more and more of it is getting shiny........ WIP for over 40 years....the interior is a total disgrace.... there's so much retro in there .. that I can look at any one bit and believe I'm driving a totally different car..... maybe I should leave it that way..... how the head spins....

frats,
Rosco
No worries Rosco, I'm not sure about being a purist, I just think I'm a fussy mechanic that loves his FB a little too much :roll: For me its memories of time gone by. I love the heritage side of it all. I've been down the track with V8 transplants, diffs , gearboxes, blah blah....but now my focus has changed (eye sight and mind!), so close to stock with a few refinements is enough. Its funny looking back but I think I enjoy it more now than I did way back when. Now I probably spend more time looking at than I do driving it. Its a "Grand Torino" sort of thing! 8)
Anyway I cant wait to see your pics.................hurry up...........please :thumbsup:
greyek

Post by greyek »

Thanks Rosco, the EK is not perfect, but it still shines up OK. An awesome car to drive. I will keep my eyes open for NASCO high note horn, for you.
Regards
Chris
rosco

Post by rosco »

Ok, here goes - my first run for this year.... and probably the first for my old bus to a club event for three years....
Pulled the covers off and found an EK still existed..... and had fuel in it.. and oil.. and the tyres were pumped up enough to make them round.....
Cruised out of the driveway and noted quite a few neighbors in disbelief that this beast has lived behind the roller doors for so long without them knowing......
Got up to end of the street and turned left.... lots of "gawkers" snapping heads with mouths open - probably verbalising what their eyes were seeing... yes folk, it all felt good...... it's just so nice to put an Aussie car on the black top on Australia Day....
No more than 50 metres down the next road.. and what do I "spotto"?.... some kid has wound down the electric window of his MPV and let loose the Australian window flag - how could I refuse.. blinker on (yes, check - it still worked) and over to the side of the road... a quick jaunt back to pick up the flag and "presto" we're now in "vogue" with the day......

Arriving at the venue... after numerous pointing fingers, open mouths and the young rice-burner brigade who just have to prove that their choice of transport is so superior to mine.... well... they disappeared into oblivion with (I'm hoping) a few momento's of their immaturity... in the form of photographic memoirs - by the RTA and Victoria Police - I am amazed to find the two Stalwarts of our club (Bill and Darren) are already in situ and setting up....

From about 11:30 onwards, a steady but limited trickle of cars arrive.... the Oaks site is filling fast with "outsiders".. but we have a great spot and with plenty of shade.

I have been "missing" from our club for so long that it takes quite a while for cars to turn up who's owners I know.... and it's a great re-establishment that "my" club has many members I simply haven't met.....

The barbie fires up and Darren's Weber is set alight.. and meat starts to cook.. there are numerous conversations going on within the group until silence prevails and the burned meat is eaten......

All in all, a great day out.. weather absolutely perfect.. no wind - or well.. maybe just enough to vent the fumes from a distant petrol generator (needs unknown) into the stratosphere....

Cars looked perfect.... in all, probably somewhere between 10 and 15....

Company excellent.... and a lot of joviality to intersperse the odd serious discussion in our domain.....

Thanks to the FB/EK H CC of Vic for the day.............now, who's up for Hanging Rock.... planning, folk.... I'm very much hoping to make this event.... and urge others to join in with us.....

pix.... no description needed....

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff17 ... 0bfd76.jpg

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff17 ... e69018.jpg

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff17 ... f078e9.jpg

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff17 ... 8833b2.jpg

frats,
Rosco
Last edited by rosco on Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.