Australia Day Run

Club Runs, meetings and other news for fans of FBs & EKs in Victoria.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky, VIC Mod

rosco
State: VIC

Re: Australia Day Run

Post by rosco »

Chris, mate - only between you and I do "I" know what you've got, trust me.......
I can't begin to tell you what I "saw" in your old bus today...... I come from a time when dinosaur prints were still fresh on the lowlands....

What you have is absolutlely "schmick"........ and I don't believe you can yet appreciate the precious vehicle you have..... to me, it's perfect....

There are stunners which collect awards at shows - but within these ranks, none of them are as original as yours, trust me...........even though they will gazup you for a price.... to me, yours is well beyond the glitz and glamour of all that look-alike "new" display.... yours, is quite frankly - original.... and I do very much hope you appreciate this.. and don't change one thing about it.....

I noted you had problems with coming to Cowra this year.... and quite deservedly so.... but "relics" like what you have make any nationals..... even those who do pick up awards - run a very close eye over what you have.... because, Chris - you are yet to interfere with what has seen through thick and thin over the many, many years that your great EK auto sedan has been with us.... and is still "intact".....

I am leaning towards perhaps a new category at national championships... that being the "original" untouched vehicle........ and trust me - yours is right up there with the best of them.... please, don't ever be tempted to destroy that originality to achieve an post-original - original.....

Great car, Chris - and enjoy it with pride....

frats,
Rosco
igor
State: SA

Post by igor »

Well done Rosco for ventureing out and enjoying the Australia Day celebrations with the club . Sounds like you had a ball, and I am sure everyone else did too. We had intended to come to this event but one thing and another lead to us leaving a "sorry can't make it apology to Sarah" :( We did however get our panelvan out and cruise around here, finishing up at Port Mac Donnell the weather was perfect.
We will be attending a club run soon. :thumbsup:
cheers
Lesley
Sarah
State: VIC

Post by Sarah »

Loved what you wrote there Rosco! Thanks for filling me in on a run I couldn't make.

See you Lesley and Roger soon enough!