FB Special project

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

EffBee
State: WA

Re: FB Special project

Post by EffBee »

Well we finally sorted through our dizzy issue and have temporarily gone back to points from Pertronix EI. Good news is we are now finally running and driving, first pit pass was unsuccessful due to it requiring engineering cert for the HR disc brake front end (rookie error) but hopefully that should be an easy win there, just have to wait for the application to go through.

Just a couple of quick update pics, super happy with the interior, my trimmer absolutely nailed it. Pics are just from my phone on a shitty overcast wet and windy day in the shed. Once this crap Perth winter weather buggers off and she's all registered I'll try and get some decent quality photo's
Attachments
IMG_2497.JPG
IMG_2497.JPG (1.8 MiB) Viewed 400 times
IMG_2496.JPG
IMG_2496.JPG (1.97 MiB) Viewed 400 times
IMG_2495.JPG
IMG_2495.JPG (2.11 MiB) Viewed 400 times
IMG_2494.JPG
IMG_2494.JPG (2.31 MiB) Viewed 400 times
IMG_2493.JPG
IMG_2493.JPG (1.74 MiB) Viewed 400 times
funkyscooter
State: NSW

Post by funkyscooter »

Love it - interior colours are classy as.
Scott
(Not so rusty) Ol' Rusty - FB/EK Sedan
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Looks great Effbee. If you were in SA they would have passed it, but you aren’t so I’ll shut up.

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Sooooo close , how did you go with the horn contact mate ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
EffBee

Post by EffBee »

Yeah mate, sorry I forgot to get back to you. The contact was a winner, slotted straight in, no need for modification. I didn't use any of the other bits as I already had original parts :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Was that from Danchuck in the states? Let me know the part number and I'll order a few to pay you back
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

EffBee wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:56 pm Yeah mate, sorry I forgot to get back to you. The contact was a winner, slotted straight in, no need for modification. I didn't use any of the other bits as I already had original parts :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Was that from Danchuck in the states? Let me know the part number and I'll order a few to pay you back
yeah it was a Danchuk one , the part number was on the bag ????
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

EffBee

Post by EffBee »

No worries, I'll have a scrounge around for the bag, don't think I chucked it out.
Harv

Post by Harv »

EffBee wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:56 pmYeah mate, sorry I forgot to get back to you. The contact was a winner, slotted straight in, no need for modification.
Ooooooohhhhh..... was that the one you imported as a trial Blacky? If that was successful, I'm happy to help with a bulk import (or at least buy a couple).

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Harv wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:24 am

Ooooooohhhhh..... was that the one you imported as a trial Blacky? If that was successful, I'm happy to help with a bulk import (or at least buy a couple).

Cheers,
Harv
Yes mate , looks like we may be on a winner here 👍

EffBee

Post by EffBee »

Pretty sure this is kit Blacky? Just confirm and I'll order a couple for payback, like I said I didn't use any of the other parts just the actual contact.

https://www.danchuk.com/ItemForm.aspx?Item=882
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Yeah I think so mate, dont order it from Danchuk though - the postage will cost you a kidney, Mikes Chevy Parts will post USPS , much cheaper then UPS

EffBee

Post by EffBee »

Says they don't ship to my address? You had stuff shipped from Mike's Chevy Parts before?
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (13.72 KiB) Viewed 442 times
funkyscooter

Post by funkyscooter »

Try summit racing - shipping is reasonable. If this is the right one.

https://www.summitracing.com/int/search ... =part-type

These guys stock a lot of danchuk stuff. Ordered some trim clips last week, cheaper than Rares with shipping.
Scott
(Not so rusty) Ol' Rusty - FB/EK Sedan
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

EffBee wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:13 am Says they don't ship to my address? You had stuff shipped from Mike's Chevy Parts before?
Yeah heaps of stuff when I was building my 57 , but I see they have moved now , things may have changed.
I will call you later Chalks,might get 10 of them as there is a bit of interest in these , I reckon I could get rid of 5 before I even look at my own cars

mph

Post by mph »

I ordered one of these a few years back and im more than sure the plastic parts didnt line for what ever reasons i couldnt use it and found a second hand fb one. Unless i got sent a earlier chevy one by mistake or so. Maybe just double check all the parts incase people buy the kits tp use the whole lot or other bits in the kit.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

FB-Special
Big block 161 :lol:
Holley sniper EFI.
Vintage air ducted heat and cool.
Ek auto column shift.
Lj diff and reverse lights.
WA FB~EK Car Club Member.