accelerator pedal

If it doesn't fit below then post here and see if another FB EK fanatic can help you out.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

EKPete
State: NOT ENTERED

accelerator pedal

Post by EKPete »

Hi guys and girls
hopeing someone can help me. I have had the floor pans (all) replaced in my EK. The floor pane for Rare Spares had a precut hole for the accelerator pedal. but when the panelbeater installed the pan, the accelerator pedal is very loose. this is due to there is only one bolt holding it in. the plate for the accelerator pedal has two holes, but the second hole (one closes to the driver is located oin the smae location as the hole in the floor pane. is this the way it was suppopse to be or is there a plate missing. I have included a picture. ps also the plate has a small lip near were the hole that has no bolt is. is this suppose to go under the floor pane or on top . Peter from Newcastle.
Attachments
pedel.jpg
pedel.jpg (163.4 KiB) Viewed 708 times
EKPete

Re: accelerator pedal

Post by EKPete »

thanks tim. I have plut a steel plate and bolt at the bottom, but there seems to be some play in the hinge of the pedel itself. I asume that there is some form of runber of selve. I contacted Rare Spares, but they only have a complete pedel for around $80.
EKPete

Re: accelerator pedal

Post by EKPete »

I have bolted it to the floor (1 bolt at the top and now one at the bottom). but the physical pedel itself has a lot of play on the shaft that it pivits up and down 9this hinge as it moves from side to side) making it slopy, but not as bad as it was before I place the second bolt, holding it to the floor.