engine numbers

If it doesn't fit below then post here and see if another FB EK fanatic can help you out.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

toey1977
State: NOT ENTERED

engine numbers

Post by toey1977 »

does anyone know of a site that i can check engine numbers on before buying the motor, i have scored (still to pick up) for may ek a rebuilt bottom end 308 a set of vn heads and 2 turbo350's even though the bottom end has been done for 2 years and not toughed i am hoping a hone and a lineish and should be good price seems good but just wanna check the stolen or not stolen status of the motor
mmmmmmmmmmm dunno
Blacky
State: WA

Re: engine numbers

Post by Blacky »

R.E.V.S. ??????
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
fingers
State: VIC

Post by fingers »

toey1977 wrote:does anyone know of a site that i can check engine numbers on before buying the motor, i have scored (still to pick up) for may ek a rebuilt bottom end 308 a set of vn heads and 2 turbo350's even though the bottom end has been done for 2 years and not toughed i am hoping a hone and a lineish and should be good price seems good but just wanna check the stolen or not stolen status of the motor
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

VicRoads will do a check for you mate ........you may have to go in there ........make sure you do check it though and get a receipt ....you will need it for rego ..also you will need to speak to an engineer before you start theres one in Sale and theres one who comes from Melbourne ... Good luck ......Fingers
Don’t you find it Funny that after Monday(M) and Tuesday(T), the rest of the week says WTF?
toey1977

Post by toey1977 »

yeah new i could call or go into vic roads but would be nice to view motor and put it straight into my phone and check there and then
mmmmmmmmmmm dunno
toey1977

Post by toey1977 »

fingers wrote:
toey1977 wrote:does anyone know of a site that i can check engine numbers on before buying the motor, i have scored (still to pick up) for may ek a rebuilt bottom end 308 a set of vn heads and 2 turbo350's even though the bottom end has been done for 2 years and not toughed i am hoping a hone and a lineish and should be good price seems good but just wanna check the stolen or not stolen status of the motor
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

VicRoads will do a check for you mate ........you may have to go in there ........make sure you do check it though and get a receipt ....you will need it for rego ..also you will need to speak to an engineer before you start theres one in Sale and theres one who comes from Melbourne ... Good luck ......Fingers

thanks mate i was going to ask you for a engineer near us do you have a name or number for the guy in sale
mmmmmmmmmmm dunno
Bluehaze

Post by Bluehaze »

Vic roads are the people to talk to. I went through some grief when registering my FB last year, fronted up with all the paperwork, RWC and engineers certificate only to find that the 202 blacky I spent a lot of time and money on was hot- and not in a good way.
Upon purchasing a replacement short motor, I called the VicRoads 1300 number, and got seriously arsed around by the operator, who told me to check the PPR (personal properties register)-they think.
The PPR lady said they don't do motors, she reckoned the police were the ones to talk to.
The nice coppa I spoke to at St.Kilda Rd headquarters said for sure VicRoads are in charge of info regarding stolen engine records. He said he was sure because he is into building cars himself. That added about another 30 minutes to our conversation. He did say, however that I'd get more help if I called a VicRoads branch, rather than the call centre. So I called the admin branch in Kew. Checked the new motor- All good, even got him to check my stolen one as a test- Yep that one is stolen all right!
So there you are, VicRoads in Kew. Don't take a chance.
fingers
State: VIC

Post by fingers »

[thanks mate i was going to ask you for a engineer near us do you have a name or number for the guy in sale[/quote]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.
Hey mate .......I use an engineer in Endeavor Hills ...J.C. Bonneville everyone just calls him jc , he comes down this way regularly or you can meet him at his place ....good guy and easy to deal with ....he has done a heap of early holdens in this area .....I dont know the guy in sale but you can look him up on the VicRoads web site ...... ............Fingers 0409253202 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Don’t you find it Funny that after Monday(M) and Tuesday(T), the rest of the week says WTF?