20" rear wheels

Includes handbrake, cylinders, shoes, discs, rims and rubber.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

flamen
State: NOT ENTERED

20" rear wheels

Post by flamen »

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone has a photo of an fb/ek with 20" wheels on the rear, as I am thinking about going that size, or even a picture of a 17", 18" or 19" thanks
Harv
State: NSW

Re: 20" rear wheels

Post by Harv »

They said it can't be done... and now kiid is doing some bloody beautiful engineering to show it can. Take a read through this thread:
http://www.fbekholden.com/forum/viewtop ... =11&t=9259

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
flamen

Post by flamen »

Yeah mine will be Tubbed, notched etc, to make them fit.
Mick

Post by Mick »

don't think anybody said it "can't" be done but we won't go into that again
and it's possable to put anything anywhere it just depends on how much you want to alter things
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
flamen

Post by flamen »

Only want the photo to see proportions etc.
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

Don't think you'll get a photo and kiid's back to a 15" rim now anyway. Do you have any idea on what size tyre as well, only asking because you could compare overall tyre diameter then maybe photoshop a rim to suit. 20's aren't really the size many go for so pics will be very limited even in other makes.
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

Theres a couple of ideas on this post -

http://www.fbekholden.com/forum/viewtop ... =11&t=9259
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Mick

Post by Mick »

i don't know where to find pics but i have seen them with 17-18" wheels and they didn't look to bad (not something i'de do) have you tried google images?

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
flamen

Post by flamen »

Don't know If any of you have seen this one, it's being unveiled at motorex, this is as close as I've gotten to a photo, would like a bit lower in the rear, unsure of what tyre size I'd like but don't want rubber bands.
http://www.thechopshop.com.au/gallery/c ... /ek-holden
Mick

Post by Mick »

I don't think you get much choice on tyre wall size once you get to that diameter rim, I know some exotics run big diameter rims with a fair size sidewall but I hope you have DEEEEEEEP pockets if you want those
you will also find you are goverened by a couple of things when it comes to how low you can go Vs rim/tyre height

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
FeeBee

Post by FeeBee »

I have sat a 19"X8" with a tyre from a commodore in my standard rear guard just to see what it looks like. I am thinking that a 7" width will be the widest it will fit without modifying the gaurds, but that's only a thought. I haven't really investigated into it yet. I'll have to add the photo here. I have it on facebook though
He who dies with the most toys wins!!
Harv

Post by Harv »

G'day FeeBee,

Have a long hard chat to your engineer about the standard he wants applied.

Mine is asking for the NSW Vehicle Standards Information Sheet No.9 for wheels and tyres. This limits me to a maximum tyre width. In my case as the vehicle was built in 1961, and hence was not built to comply with ADR 24 (prior to 1973 for passenger cars), and has a kerb weight of 1183kg, the maximum permitted rear rim width is 204mm (8 inches). The fronts equally must be o wider than the maximum permitted rear wheels (8 inches), no narrower than 70% of that fitted to the rear wheels and no narrower than a standard wheel fitted to the vehicle as original equipment (5¾”).

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.