253/308

If it doesn't fit below then post here and see if another FB EK fanatic can help you out.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

EK JAY
State: NSW

253/308

Post by EK JAY »

:smile2: Does anyone know how to tell pre pollution heads from pollution heads on a 253 /308
apart from the manifold as i know there different
reason i ask is have found a pre pollution 253 block but has a pollution manifold but
its just sitting on the top of it so could have been put there just to stop stuff falling into the engine
or is it a pre pollution block fitted with pollution heads and manifold so is there a way i can tell just by
looking at it.
the guy brought it as a rebuilt motor for his sandman ute but ended up getting the original
engine rebuilt and this one has been sitting in his shed . now im new to all this v8 stuff
so be nice :lol:
EK JAY SINCE 1990
bootlegger
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: 253/308

Post by bootlegger »

All holden v8 blocks are the same.
Pre pollution heads dont have the extra holes in them to marry up with a pollution manifold
You can put a pollution manifold on pre pollution heads.
You cant put a pre pollution manifold on pollution heads. The engine will run but it will blow smoke everywhere.
I found out the hard way.
EK JAY
State: NSW

Re: 253/308

Post by EK JAY »

:thumbsup: Thanks for the info bootlegger
if any one has any pics of the two types post them up maybe good for future reference :thumbsup:
pre pollution 253/ 308 are getting hard to find now as ive found out lately :evil:
EK JAY SINCE 1990