desperate to find red fleck material for front seat

Includes seating, upholstery, door trims, dashboard and heater.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Megamatt
State: NOT ENTERED

desperate to find red fleck material for front seat

Post by Megamatt »

Hi all. Anyone know where I might get enough red fleck material for bum area of front seat? Alternatively, anyone want to buy good condition front seat back strip and rear seat strips so I can replace all four strips with something else?
Craig Allardyce
State: VIC

Re: desperate to find red fleck material for front seat

Post by Craig Allardyce »

Megamatt wrote:Hi all. Anyone know where I might get enough red fleck material for bum area of front seat? Alternatively, anyone want to buy good condition front seat back strip and rear seat strips so I can replace all four strips with something else?
If you can hang on I might have a good source of material coming. I'm waiting on samples to come over the next few weeks.
Can you post pictures of your seats, I might be interested in whatever material is salvageable.

Cheers.
vmx-mxr
State: NSW

Post by vmx-mxr »

Megamatt wrote:Hi all. Anyone know where I might get enough red fleck material for bum area of front seat? Alternatively, anyone want to buy good condition front seat back strip and rear seat strips so I can replace all four strips with something else?
Try "Aussie Bob" - he bought all manner of NOS trim material for the Jackson Collection cars. If he doesn't have any or want to part with some he will surely know the best place to start looking.
Craig Allardyce

Well I've got my samples back and the response from the company is good. The red fleck is reasonably close, material texture is a good match for all the vinyls. They do say that they can match all colours and now can do the di-electric embossing.

My only worry is sending all my door trims overseas to get them matched. Bloody hope they don't get lost in the mail system.!!

photo3.JPG
photo3.JPG (132.66 KiB) Viewed 1046 times
photo (5).jpg
photo (5).jpg (102.9 KiB) Viewed 1046 times
fb cruisin
State: NSW

Post by fb cruisin »

Thats just what I need to get my seats redone 8)
Cheers Rob

Post by asdthomson »

Craig, how did you get on with that new seat material? My seats are shot so am thinking of starting over.
Craig Allardyce

I've been pretty well tied up with getting the car ready for our wedding and I managed to get some interim seats/material till mine are ready.
I haven't spoken with the company in the states since they had started on making the dies last August. Its been a longer wait than I anticipated but in understanding the process I can see that making the dies is an exhaustive task especially with replicating the fine patterns in the vinyl. I will contact them soon for an update and let everyone know how its going.
After receiving my headlining from them and seeing the quality of the job I'm happy to wait for the rest of the trim.
asdthomson

Post by asdthomson »

Sounds promising. So they were happy to make up the dyes just for one car? That would be my situation - asking them to match FB 884 Dragoon & Jockey Blue with Stardust Grey Bolsters 225