Time to get real

If it doesn't fit below then post here and see if another FB EK fanatic can help you out.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

EKjimmy
State: NOT ENTERED

Time to get real

Post by EKjimmy »

Okay this is scary for me.
It's beginning to look as though it is time to sell on the turquoise EK. Keeping her on the road while trying to tackle an EJ and another EK whilst also keeping a recently bought commodore ute is starting to look a bit ambitious.
Just need to feel the waters at the moment I guess, not sure how much to put it up for so was hoping to get a bit of a ballpark idea - it seems as though the market is on a bit of a downward slope right now so I've got no idea.

Some photos can be found here - though they are from a few years ago.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8848

It doesn't look a whole lot different, though it would be sold with some funny looking mags that dad has got in place of the chrome steelies, and i'll probably keep the venetian and radio.
There is a bit of rust bubbling through on the guards in the regular spot (top rear corners) and a bit around rear windscreen opening.
The paint isn't quite as fantastic as it seems, however is still reasonably presentable - you'd have to see it in person to understand the condition as it would be pretty hard to capture in photos.
A dent on the roof, and one on the drivers side quarter.
The bonnet and boot letters are out at the moment - still got them but too scared to put them back in :lol:
She's registered until June at the moment, still runs and drives (pretty bumpy ride being so low, but easily reversed by removing blocks and changing front springs)
Auto body with a Hydramatic and 138 grey, original interior which has previously been dyed black and silver, front seat has some little splits but is still presentable and not saggy, front door trims are pretty crappy, front carpet has a hole on passenger side.
Don't have anywhere to keep her at the moment and its heartbreaking seeing her in the driveway - really want her to go to someone who will look after her and not let her deteriorate as i've become quite attatched.

I guess i just want to get some opinions on what sort of money i should ask for her at the moment
'The best engine in the world is a vagina. It can be started with only one finger. It is self-lubricating. It takes any size piston. And it changes it's own oil every four weeks. It is a pity that the management system is so f*$king temperamental.'
Thommo

Re: Time to get real

Post by Thommo »

I'd say keep it, and move the other projects on.
You'll then have room in the shed, and more time
and money to do a rolling resto on her.
EKjimmy

Post by EKjimmy »

Unfortunately its not an option - either she goes now or when the other one is done. I'd love to keep her but there's no point having two EKs which would be almost identical with different motors, and even when all the projects are done i'd have no spare room - not even enough room to build a carport
The EJ is currently occupying the shed in kit form, I've got a near perfect EK shell which will speed up the build considerably so its just not practical to keep the turquoise beauty
'The best engine in the world is a vagina. It can be started with only one finger. It is self-lubricating. It takes any size piston. And it changes it's own oil every four weeks. It is a pity that the management system is so f*$king temperamental.'
bootlegger

Post by bootlegger »

Jimmy keep the car that is in one piece and get out of one of the projects.
Two cars apart multiplies the chance of neither of them getting done.
You need to focus on the one you really want.
choppedfan

Post by choppedfan »

bootlegger wrote:Jimmy keep the car that is in one piece and get out of one of the projects.
Two cars apart multiplies the chance of neither of them getting done.
You need to focus on the one you really want.
Bootlegger's advice is valid, if dollars and time are limited then focus on one project :wink: and it sounds like you have my problem in lack of storage space :(

Mick 8)
Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

:silent:

or ebay it just put a silly reserve and see where it goes
i'm opposite to everybody else sell but don't sit on yor arse thinking the other cars will put themselves togeather, not being a smart arse and don't know what goes on in yor life but i don't understand why the EJ is not going, so if you have no time or can't make time (to busy chasing girls and going out) maybe the other guys are right sell the ones that don't go and keep the one that does

i'll give you $1500 keep yor motor/gearbox, bonnet/boot letters,door handles and mags :ebiggrin:
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
EKjimmy

Post by EKjimmy »

Thommo, Dave & Mick (not RB Mick, lol)
I get where you guys are coming from, but i've got a beaut near rust free EK shell sitting at dads place plus all the parts i need to put it together. Everything is already apart (obviously) so ready to be cleaned, painted, plated etc with minimal screwing around so the turquoise car definitely needs to go - it's just a matter of when.
At the moment i've got nowhere to keep her and i can't let her sit out in the weather as it'll just make her deteriorate. I'd love to keep her, but it would only be for sentimental reasons and practicality outweighs that. As long as she goes to a good home where she will have any rust spots repaired and brought up to scratch i'll be happy.

Mick, as for the EJ that's my fault for stalling and sidetracking myself :lol: it stalled as i needed to find a firewall section to repair a spot that had been belted out to clear triples. Now i've got that i don't have any excuse, so the plan is to get the engine bay and front crossmember painted and assembled so the driveline can go in.
Now....just gotta go and do it. At least it's cooling down. Not so much good for painting, but good for motivation lol