EH Wagon on Holiday

Got something else that you want to show off that's not an FB or EK? Try this section.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

EK DAZ
State: NOT ENTERED

EH Wagon on Holiday

Post by EK DAZ »

Heres a holiday pic of us coming back from Holiday having lunch on the side of the road. We have been doing this same trip every year since 1999 in the same car. We could take the Common whore and get there in three and a half hours, but enjoy taking five hours to get there. As the daughters get older, the car gets more loaded. Some of the hills we get down to first gear and 15 miles /hour.Image
EK DAZ
Blacky
State: WA

Re: EH Wagon on Holiday

Post by Blacky »

Travelling in style 8) love it :thumbsup:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Trev

Post by Trev »

Good times Daz.
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

Looks like fun! Should fit the tow bar to the EK and I could do similar.... :think: :think:
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
Trev

Post by Trev »

Devilrod wrote:Looks like fun! Should fit the tow bar to the EK and I could do similar.... :think: :think:
Better jack up the rear suspension too while your there :wink: .
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
Brian Westlake

Post by Brian Westlake »

What a great family car and a great road trip. Your car has probably become familiar to other holiday makers on their yearly treck as well. We like to do big yearly trips down south in our EK or sometimes a 59 F O R D and it makes the trip so much more of an adventure. Wangaratta FB EK nationals next year. I'd love to drive around NZ in our 59 Ranchwagon, but the sensible (Sane!) thing would be to do it in an EK. If I win the Big One tonight, this is what we'll do.
Tony Tripper
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

Trev wrote:
Better jack up the rear suspension too while your there :wink: .
Pointless exercise! It'll just settle to where it is now. That's what happened after I put in the extra leaf you gave me...
EK DAZ

Post by EK DAZ »

Brian Westlake wrote:What a great family car and a great road trip. Your car has probably become familiar to other holiday makers on their yearly treck as well. We like to do big yearly trips down south in our EK or sometimes a 59 F O R D and it makes the trip so much more of an adventure. Wangaratta FB EK nationals next year. I'd love to drive around NZ in our 59 Ranchwagon, but the sensible (Sane!) thing would be to do it in an EK. If I win the Big One tonight, this is what we'll do.
Tony Tripper
Hey, If you do ,Call in. The tank might be a bit thirsy with our 91 octane at $2.20/ litre. The EK might be a bit cheaper.
EK DAZ
the rocket

Post by the rocket »

:esurprised: $2.20 is a bit steep, it's around $1.40 in Melbourne at the moment. i thought that was bad..
The holiday sound good though.
Doc Bob

Post by Doc Bob »

Great stuff.............the set-up you have their looks so 8) 8) 8) even at 15 miles an hour!
Think of the memories the girls will always have growing up..........just the same as we had as kids in the same cars.

Our kids are being bought up the same way :thumbsup:

All the best to you and the family and hope you enjoy many more memorable miles. :wave:
Last edited by Doc Bob on Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now working @ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fiddy-cu ... 82?fref=ts
Vice Pres FB/EK Club West Oz. & Just Cruizin Street Machiners
'36 Chev Pick-up
'40 Chev Coupe Ute
'62 EK Wagon
'63 EH Roadster
'68 F#*d Fairlane
'76 LX SS Hatch
EK DAZ

Post by EK DAZ »

Yes,a great way to remember the old days, however my girls are embarrassed by '' The Old Bomb " as they call it . But they have no choice, Holiday or stay at home.Im still trying to educate them ,but I dont like my hopes.
EK DAZ
EK DAZ

Post by EK DAZ »

Doc Bob wrote:Great stuff.............the set-up you have their looks so 8) 8) 8) even at 15 miles an hour!
Think of the memories the girls will always have growing up..........just the same as we had as kids in the same cars.

Our kids are being bought up the same way :thumbsup:

All the best to you and the family and hope you enjoy many more memorable miles. :wave:
I love your wagon and matching van and thanks for your wishes.
EK DAZ
Doc Bob

Post by Doc Bob »

EK DAZ wrote:Yes,a great way to remember the old days, however my girls are embarrassed by '' The Old Bomb " as they call it . But they have no choice, Holiday or stay at home.Im still trying to educate them ,but I dont like my hopes.
:thumbsup: :lol: That made me laugh.
We just had our car club meeting monday night and one of our members had a similar story.
This fella just finished and regoed a sweet VF Valiant sedan, angry 318 cubes, looks and sounds sweet.

"I'll surprise my boys and pick them up from school in it" he thinks to himself, all excited.
Half way home, the boys say "Don't pick us up in this old thing again Dad",
"It has no Air Conditioning" :shock: :x :roll:

Kids are getting soft these days!
'36 Chev Pick-up
'40 Chev Coupe Ute
'62 EK Wagon
'63 EH Roadster
'68 F#*d Fairlane
'76 LX SS Hatch
Bluehaze

Post by Bluehaze »

Hey DocBob. I love the van! I've started looking around for a small van for holidaying, and one which will look good behind either my FB or EK and yours looks perfect. Do you mind telling us what make it is?
Doc Bob

Re:

Post by Doc Bob »

Bluehaze wrote:Hey DocBob. I love the van! I've started looking around for a small van for holidaying, and one which will look good behind either my FB or EK and yours looks perfect. Do you mind telling us what make it is?
Sorry mate..got no idea :problem:
Paperwork said '74 Franklin, but we have had all the top dogs on both the Vintage & Classic Caravan forums suss it out and nobody has ever seen another one like it! :shock:
All we can tell is it's late 69 or 1970 at the most and was made in South Australia.
11 foot long, 6 foot 2" wide, 6 foot tall with the roof folded, 520 tare weight & 750 GCM...........great to tow!
(added another pic in the original post for you)

Al the best with your search!
'36 Chev Pick-up
'40 Chev Coupe Ute
'62 EK Wagon
'63 EH Roadster
'68 F#*d Fairlane
'76 LX SS Hatch