EJ's...

Got something else that you want to show off that's not an FB or EK? Try this section.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Sputzwagon
State: NOT ENTERED

EJ's...

Post by Sputzwagon »

As you all know Tony, Pete & myself are into our FB/EK's...BUT that did'nt stop us from owning different models (even in our youth!).
Here's two photo's of my EJ..the top is when I first bought it and the bottom is after a while of abuse..(Note: TASMANS!! :roll: ).
Next is :from left to right ...My EJ then Pete's (with Gary sitting on the bumper) then Tony & his (primered) Premier.

Scotty.
[img]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg211/scottyharrod/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No 2
Sputzwagon

Re: EJ's...

Post by Sputzwagon »

SunnyTim wrote:Hydro Scotty :wink: :wink:
Yeah it was Timbo...I later made it floor shift manual... :thumbsup:

Scotty.
Last edited by Sputzwagon on Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg211/scottyharrod/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
space ace
State: NSW

Post by space ace »

Great pics Scotty, your car being the 100mph EJ :!:
Pete
Woofto Car Club Member No 1
FB EK Forum Member No: 249
space ace
State: NSW

Post by space ace »

Scotty is that a Morris in the corner of the first snap :?: :blush:
Pete
Woofto Car Club Member No 1
FB EK Forum Member No: 249
Sputzwagon

Post by Sputzwagon »

space ace wrote:Scotty is that a Morris in the corner of the first snap :?: :blush:
Pete
Why yes it is Sir! I was a Morrie 1100 my Dad was going to do up for one of his mates ( that theme seems to run on from father to son? ) :wink: :silent: :roll: :lol: :lol:

Scotty.
Last edited by Sputzwagon on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian Westlake

Post by Brian Westlake »

A keen eye will note the P plates, on 2 of the EJs and the Volkswagen Beetle. Does this mean that Tonys drive car at this time was his MUMS VW? I think it does. I look like I have a tummy ache because I am contemplating swapping my EJ for a Mk11 Zephyr (It had rego and Chromies, but no door handles or bumpers!) which I did. How about the pictures of Scottys EJ with Tasmans and Cool Cat behind the wheel! Also the 1100 has also become a bit lovable. (About time!)
Tony Talkback.
Brian Westlake

Post by Brian Westlake »

Scotty has a foxtail in the tasmans pic. Probably bought from the "busy Bee" in Faulconbridge. Also, the light green EJ in the middle of the picture ended up black. (Brush Job!) We all had a brush, but we started work too late in the day so we finished by torchlight from memory. One of us drilled a hole for the compulsory centre roof aerial, but the drill went into the front roof channel. That was fixed with black insulation tape. A perfect colour match! I think the rego no. was EDL 452. This old EJ was a little battered (not too badly) and I
guess it deserved much better, but you have to remember that it only cost $110 I think with some rego. It looked a good 10 foot job with it's Aunger Hotwires, sporty every second grill bar removed and new centre roof aerial. It used to go well too! Pete blew the tailpipe clean off doing a backfire by turning the key off and back on, just up from where Springwood Police station (NSW) is now. A real HOON!
Tony Tramp Rods
Sputzwagon

Post by Sputzwagon »

..........the worst thing about that yarn above is it's all true!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well done Turn-the-key-off-then-on-Tony!

Scotty.
Trev

Post by Trev »

You cats are groovy man :thumbsup: .
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
EKfanPaul2

Post by EKfanPaul2 »

EJ's deserve more of a following. I believe they get treated as poor 2nd cousins in the various EH clubs

I saw a standard wagon identical to this green one back in 1979 at Dynon Road Wreckers (Long gone now) Kensington, Melbourne.
it was in really good rust free nick. I saw that the wrecker was pulling it apart. I asked why a perfectly good car like that is being wrecked.
he said he bought it off the owner who drove it to that spot. They tried selling it but no-one wanted it for any price. He paid 200 for it.
"It's got a grey motor in it mate, no-ne wants them!"
he said if it was an EH, its would be out the front with a 'for sale' sign on it. He reckoned he'd do well from EH fans as the doors guards etc were sought after even back then,

I reckon this 'J' sedan looks cool!

i suppose the fact that i've never bought one makes me as equal to eveyone else that bypasses them

Paul K
Attachments
StockEJ.jpg
StockEJ.jpg (187.7 KiB) Viewed 1530 times
Cool EJ.jpg
Cool EJ.jpg (37.13 KiB) Viewed 1530 times
Brian Westlake

Post by Brian Westlake »

A truck driver moved in across the road from my parents house when I was in 2nd form in high school. He drove a yellow Commer Knocker semi with lots of oil spewing out of it onto the footpath. This guy, Gordon and all his scruffy mates, all drove interesting Bombs. He had an EK Panelvan with one of the rear bumpers missing and an EJ Standard wagon the colour of soap. He used to roll the EJ down the street and bang it into gear as it had an EK style gearbox in it and the piston had popped out of the slave cylinder. If he had to stop
he would just turn it off and take off on the starter. He had a long haired older brother who drove, either a yellow Vauxhall Cresta PA with a big sideswipe on one side an one of those enormous fibreglass aerials that start at the front and curl down at the back, a Blue and white AP5 Valiant with big rust holes in both rear quarters and all manner of shit from the boot (Including P plates and other stuff) hanging out the bottom, a rusty red Sunbeam Alpine (Get Smart type) and an Austin A30 that always seemed to use only the handbrake!
One day the EJ wagon had no plates, so I asked to buy it. Gordon said I couldn't buy it but I could have it! Gary (next door, other side from Sputzwagen) and I got an FC manual from his father, and old tony proceeded to adjust the tappets, but I forgot the part about turning the motor! I had high hopes for silent operation but was met with a farty backfiring sound. Gordon rolled down the street and jammed it into gear, but nothing! An Angry Gordon pushed me backwards back up the hill with a tyre over the front overider of the EK van.
We eventually found out what was wrong and rectified it, but then sold it to the Beagle boys down the road for $10 (true!) when the yellow PA cresta became available for $10
Tony Tells Tails
EKfanPaul2

Post by EKfanPaul2 »

Good effort Tim.
Post some pics of em, please

i reckon they do need a bit of blinging-up though - as they look a little plain and vauxhall
also, many seemed to be is various shitty brown colors. Or odd dark avacardo greens

This lowered wagon looks cool

Paul K
Attachments
low Blue.jpg
low Blue.jpg (31.1 KiB) Viewed 1490 times
Cal

Post by Cal »

Here's one I saw today. Sorry for the poor photo

EKfanPaul2