EJ's...

Got something else that you want to show off that's not an FB or EK? Try this section.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Brian Westlake
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: EJ's...

Post by Brian Westlake »

At least you guys treat EJs with love. We used to flog them around like $300 EA Falcons. Still loved them though. Our friend Greg had an evil Bunyip Bronze EJ sedan that was low and rough with a filthy hot 192 and black widies and a home made in line floor shift. To ride in this car with tall Greg (6'8") driving at full noise was truly terrifying! Nothing ever beat it in my memory, but Iv'e seen it break the diff hemisphere in two pieces right out the front of my parents house. Greg did a wild U turn on the opposite footpath (dirt) then hit the road again at 7 grand in first gear. After the bang my father (he was in our front yard hosing the grass or something) just said "Mein Gott! and walked inside. Scotty and Pete would remember this great car. It was stolen from "Selinas" pub (first plastic beer glasses I ever saw!) at Coodgie Bay one night only to be found a month later on a foot path not far away with the stereo gone and no Springalex steering wheel. Greg and Colin went down on the train with a steering wheel and brought her home to roost. I have one Photo somewhere. (Tim!!!!!!!)
Tony Total Recall.
EKfanPaul2

Post by EKfanPaul2 »

The flash kits defineately make them look better.
Never seen one i the flesh with a flash kit

Paul K
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

I had one when I was about 19 or 20 , set anew record of stupidity in it by running out of fuel 3 times in one day ! I suppose you get that when you only put in $2 of fuel at a time even though that was probably 4 or 5 litres at the time. there was about a third of a turn of slop in the steering which made it real interesting to drive in Sydney peak hour traffic - especially after having a few schooners at knock off :shock:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Sputzwagon

Post by Sputzwagon »

Brian Westlake wrote:At least you guys treat EJs with love. We used to flog them around like $300 EA Falcons. Still loved them though. Our friend Greg had an evil Bunyip Bronze EJ sedan that was low and rough with a filthy hot 192 and black widies and a home made in line floor shift. To ride in this car with tall Greg (6'8") driving at full noise was truly terrifying!
Scotty and Pete would remember this great car.
Tony Total Recall.
I sure DO remember Greg's Motlen Hot EJ. It was one impressive car! What it lacked in the looks department it more than compensated in POWER! This is the only REALLY fast EJ that is wedged in my memory! And much of it has to do with Greg's "drive-it-like-you-stole-it" style!! :shock: :wtf: :clap:
And the funniest thing is to meet Greg is. he's a quiet (and excessivly TALL) all round nice bloke! His character never matched his mad driving (sort of like Goofy's Mr Walker & Mr Driver!! :lol: :lol: :lol: ).
Not sure if you ever raced Greg with your EK Tony? But my guess is you'de never have got past him..he was far TOO MAD to pass!!

Scotty (with fond memories of days gone by!)
[img]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg211/scottyharrod/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No 2
EKfanPaul2

Post by EKfanPaul2 »

This One that attended the "show, shine & chamois off rain" (LOL) at Sawtell was an awesome '60's custom

Cheers
Paul K
Attachments
soggy sawtell EJ.jpg
soggy sawtell EJ.jpg (160.85 KiB) Viewed 994 times
EKfanPaul2

Post by EKfanPaul2 »

Being unpopular, many ended up here
Attachments
Copy (2) of EJ Derby.jpg
Copy (2) of EJ Derby.jpg (97.19 KiB) Viewed 993 times
Sputzwagon

Post by Sputzwagon »

EKfanPaul2 wrote:This One that attended the "show, shine & chamois off rain" (LOL) at Sawtell was an awesome '60's custom

Cheers
Paul K
This little gem of an EJ belongs to Simon Telford (from Street Machine magazine). It was build by Paul Kelly (smooth customs) and Simon drives everywhere!
This is my all time favorite mild custom EJ ever..it's just SO COOL! 8) 8) ...and also why I'm having a go at Pete's EJ ..IZ GOTZ TO KNOW if I can make one differently but as cool?? :wink: :thumbsup: :shifty:

Scotty.
[img]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg211/scottyharrod/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Brian Westlake

Post by Brian Westlake »

I never beat any of Gregs hot early Holdens. I'm sure he was the one who would bolt 2 sway bars together with small U Bolts. He replaced the rough sedan with a brown EJ wagon, and while I was away being married (that didn't last long!) he made it into a super HOTTIE! It had those deep dish US Racing mags Same 192 with 4 BBL I think ,4 Speed and a Lot faster than my EK that I thought was quick. We were racing on Castlereagh Road (Near Penrith) and he passed me so fast that he sucked my headlights off! While I was absent, my car was overwhelmed by horsepower technology, dressed as an EJ Wagon.
Tony Prattles on.
hawk

Post by hawk »

Here is a few pics of our ej.
Regards,Greg.
EKfanPaul2

Post by EKfanPaul2 »

Georgeous car Greg,
I never liked that dark avacaro looking green years ago. They seemed to be common (reversed order too -with the white roof)

I like them now. They are so different to anything offered today!

Thanks for posting. Got an inside pic?

Paul K
space ace
State: NSW

Post by space ace »

Absolute pearler Greg :starr: :vecctor:
Pete
Woofto Car Club Member No 1
FB EK Forum Member No: 249
Cal

Post by Cal »

Seen that one in the flesh a handful of times. Beautiful car :thumbsup:
Sputzwagon

Post by Sputzwagon »

That's one nice EJ you have there Greg!
I love the wheels being green as well..different but NICE! :thumbsup:

Scotty.
Sputzwagon

Post by Sputzwagon »

oh yeah...
WHERE'S THE PHOTO OF GREG ADDO'S HOT EJ TONY/TIM??????????????????????????????????? :wtf:

Scotty.
hawk

Post by hawk »

EKfanPaul2 wrote:Georgeous car Greg,
I never liked that dark avacaro looking green years ago. They seemed to be common (reversed order too -with the white roof)

I like them now. They are so different to anything offered today!

Thanks for posting. Got an inside pic?

Paul K
Hi Paul here are some inside shots, not the best shots but.