Cathay Grey & Arctic Beige EK

Looking for a new daily driver, the next project, or maybe a parts car? try here first...

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

EKjimmy
State: NOT ENTERED

Cathay Grey & Arctic Beige EK

Post by EKjimmy »

A mate of mine is looking for his father's old EK.
It was bought new from Muirs Holden (forgot to ask him whether it was 61 or 62). His family name is Debrincat
A manual car, Grenadier Red and Athens Grey upholstery from what he has told me. Had a sunvisor and was ordered without a radio.
He had the car up until the 80's - by then the bonnet had been damaged and replaced with a possibly Seagull Grey one. The car was later sold to a Mr Dixon from Camden and sold on again, which is where John has lost track of the car. He said that last time he saw it the original owners folder was still with the car. Unfortunately he can't remember the body number and the registration number was changed a while ago.
He would love to track down the same car, or find another similar one in original condition - anyone know where 'Daphne' is now? :)

Thanks,
Jimmy
'The best engine in the world is a vagina. It can be started with only one finger. It is self-lubricating. It takes any size piston. And it changes it's own oil every four weeks. It is a pity that the management system is so f*$king temperamental.'
EKjimmy
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: Cathay Grey & Arctic Beige EK

Post by EKjimmy »

Yeah i thought it would be snowcrest. He just had arctic white in his mind so i thought maybe it was.
I'd say snowcrest white as well.
Sorry i didn't explain very well, Dixon is an acquaintance of John's. The car was sold to him on the condition that he gave John first dibs if he resold it, but that didn't happen and it was sold to someone. Dixon can't recall as from what i gather it was around 20 years ago that he sold it.
Chances are it's long gone, but it's always interesting to at least know what happened to them.
I think he'll need to get in touch with his mate and try to get some more info, or figure out the old rego details or something
'The best engine in the world is a vagina. It can be started with only one finger. It is self-lubricating. It takes any size piston. And it changes it's own oil every four weeks. It is a pity that the management system is so f*$king temperamental.'