Mount Panorama

Post dates and info on upcoming events, or pictures from events that have been on...

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Cal
State: NOT ENTERED

Mount Panorama

Post by Cal »

We decided to go for a day trip to Bathurst today. Realised when we got there that the FX/FJ Nationals were on. Saw quite afew cars at the museum, plus a few doing some laps of the track. I hope the coppers didn't have radars on mountain straight :roll: :oops: .

Anyway, saw this custom FJ parked outside the museum. First thing that stuck out was the FB/EK peaks and headlights. Lots of work done to this car.

Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

I'm trying to work out why the bonnet is stepped? A lot of work for sure...

Thanks for the pics Cal.
Mick
State: NSW

Re: Mount Panorama

Post by Mick »

Cal wrote:We decided to go for a day trip to Bathurst today. Realised when we got there that the FX/FJ Nationals were on. Saw quite afew cars at the museum, plus a few doing some laps of the track. I hope the coppers didn't have radars on mountain straight :roll: :oops: .

i went yeaterday for a look man there is still alot of FX/FJ holdens the missus took quite a few pics
they must have had some type of permission cause the cops hang out at that place like you wouldn't believe and they are pricks i know a guy that pulled up to take a pic on the track cop was there and booked him :roll:

now tell us how did you take a pic of you taking a pic :?
there was a ute in there that is my kind of stocker has hot grey with triple SUs disc front with rack and pinion steering 4 speed and commodore rear and you'de never guess seeing it with bonnet closed 8) 8)
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Cal

Post by Cal »

My missus took that pic. :lol: I was taking a pic of that custom FJ parked next to the FX.

We stopped on top of the mountain to take photo's, as did a lot of the FX/FJ guys. A cop drove by, but didn't stop.

This one sounded very meaty
Trev

Post by Trev »

Should have taken the EK for a run, now it's all done up it needs to be shown off not stored out if site :wink: .
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
Cal

Post by Cal »

Trust me Trev, I drive the sucker on every opportunity I get :thumbsup: .

Though if you see the goat track they call the great western highway, you'd undertand why.
Mick

Post by Mick »

the guy i know actually stopped on the road/track, there was nothing around except the cop car which he saw but thought there was no problem with what he was doing, he was wrong :roll:

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Mick

Post by Mick »

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Cal

Post by Cal »

So they booked him? :eh: I saw tourist buses and other cars stopped on conrod with no hassles from the cops

I gotta say, the 60kph limit on mountain straight and conrod are a bit of a joke. By putting radars on these two roads it's nothing more than a cash cow.

Looking at those photos Mick, wished I'd gone there on the Saturday instead. I saw that FJ ambulance cruising through the city on Sunday
Mick

Post by Mick »

yeah they booked him, maybe they were told to be a bit lienent this weekend due to the nationals and didn't want a large groug leaving saying what a bunch of f#%kwits never going back there, it's 60 because of the houses around the track, it's pretty common knowledge if you are a local DON'T go there and speed :wink: i've only been there a handfull of times and every time i've been there i've passed atleast 1 cop car, actually last time i was there i nearly got cleaned up by a P plater being a boy racer to fast round a curve which put him on my side of the road

many many years ago we went there and did just a little more than 60 once in an EH and once on a 750/4 honda bike that was FUN :twisted: and dam lucky there were no cops around that day :shock:

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Cal

Post by Cal »

Well lets hope they had no camera's set up there yesterday. Or else I'm farked :oops:
Mick

Post by Mick »

i've got pics from saturday with harrops howler, moore's missile, ray bailey's circuit car and another circuit car, butch brown was trying to get me to go in the tug of war with them ................ not a chance :lol:

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter