Supplier for venturi restrictors (venturi sleeves)

Includes fuel system, cooling system and exhaust.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Harv
State: NSW

Supplier for venturi restrictors (venturi sleeves)

Post by Harv »

I figure that when I find a great piece of kit or supplier, I should let others know. For those people who are considering twin ( 8) 8)) or triple ( 8) 8) 8) ) Stromberg carbs, an issue that may be faced is a lack of throttle response down low. This can be solved to some extent by fitting venturi restrictors. They are sleeves that shim down the carb thoat, giving sharper vacuum signal and hence better throttle response.

Most venturi sleeves used are mild steel, originally intended for the Holley 350 carb (the 7448 model), and are filed back to suit the Stromberg throat. An alternative is to purchase ready-to-go venturi sleeves from Frank Whitby (mango235@yahoo.com.au). Frank puchases stainless steel restrictors, and sizes them to suit a given throat size. He can do the common grey motor 1 1/32", but also the larger 1 3/32" and 1 5/32". The restrictors Frank is selling are a great snug fit with no additional filing. I've found Frank to be a gentlemen to deal with - great communication and fast post. Would definitely reccomend his products.

Mods - can we add Frank to the Suppliers and Services thread please?

Cheers,
Harv.
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Blacky
State: WA

Re: Supplier for venturi restrictors (venturi sleeves)

Post by Blacky »

HMMMM - I need a pair of them , does he have a phone number ?

I will add him tonight if one of the other mods doesnt do so in the meantime .......
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
choppedfan
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by choppedfan »

I emailed Frank this morning and he responded, the stainless venturi sleeves are $12ea plus postage, I've ordered three for another set of triples for $36 plus $6 postage :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin:

Mick 8)
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

mine are ordered too :thumbsup:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
choppedfan

Post by choppedfan »

Well Frank sent the sleeves and they are a perfect fit :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Looks like I'm setting up another set of triples over xmas for something to do :wink:

Mick 8)
fingers
State: VIC

Post by fingers »

choppedfan wrote:Well Frank sent the sleeves and they are a perfect fit :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Looks like I'm setting up another set of triples over xmas for something to do :wink:

Mick 8)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
http://www.fbekholden.com/forum/viewtop ... ri#p178119

I bought 5 sleeves off Frank in August last year ........the prices seem to have jumped somewhat ......$5.00 each including post ..... :crazy: :crazy: ......Fingers
Don’t you find it Funny that after Monday(M) and Tuesday(T), the rest of the week says WTF?
choppedfan

Post by choppedfan »

fingers wrote:
choppedfan wrote:Well Frank sent the sleeves and they are a perfect fit :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mick 8)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
http://www.fbekholden.com/forum/viewtop ... ri#p178119

I bought 5 sleeves off Frank in August last year ........the prices seem to have jumped somewhat ......$5.00 each including post ..... :crazy: :crazy: ......Fingers
Thats what happens when I get sidetracked :roll: should have followed up back then............................

Got em now so its all good. :thumbsup:

Mick 8)
Blackdog

Post by Blackdog »

Hi,
Just letting you know Frank sold me a pair of sleeves last year, still reasonably priced and a great guy to deal with. He also popped in the bag about 8 pages of old holden tuning tips and recipes on better mileage for the grey. All hand written!

Would recommend Frank and the sleeves.

Blackdog.
Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be.
FJWALLY

Post by FJWALLY »

I have a pair I was going to put in the twins but changed to blower first - free to a good home if will be utilized

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You will find me lost somewhere!
ardiesse

Post by ardiesse »

Rob,

Yes, please.

Rob
FJWALLY

Post by FJWALLY »

ardiesse wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:52 pm Shoot me a message with your details Rob - 0431163263

I'm away from the cave for a few days but should be able to find them before end of next week.

Cheers
Rob
Rob,

Yes, please.

Rob
You will find me lost somewhere!
Harv

Post by Harv »

If anyone wants to play with venturi restrictors, but is not sure if they want to buy some, please let me know. I can loan you a set as part of the tuning kit:

http://www.fbekholden.com/forum/viewtop ... 25&t=17922

I've got three each of the 1 1/32”, 1 3/32” and 1 5/32” restrictors - should suit most of the Strommies that are going onto a grey, but may not capture the larger Torana/Bedford/post-HQ carbs.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.