WB bunky

Got something else that you want to show off that's not an FB or EK? Try this section.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Blacky
State: WA

WB bunky

Post by Blacky »

Picked this gem up on sunday , was owned by an old hippy who lives up the road from a mate - paid $200 for it. It has sat under a tree for the last 6 years after it copped a yellow sticker for rusty floors. We winched it onto the trailer backwards because it was in a prick of a spot to get to and dragged it home.

It was missing an alternator and the air cleaner but it wasnt seized so we threw a battery into it and a bit of fuel down the carby and off she went ! My mate went up and got a jerry of fuel while I raided the parts container for an alternator , I had the alternator on by the time he got back , we tipped the fuel into it and it fired straight up and idled like it was used every day :thumbsup: went to drive it off the trailer and found the clutch was stuck to the flywheel so I started it in gear and gave it heaps up and down the driveway until it came good and she was a goer 8) 8) 8) it drives surprisingly well :thumbsup:

Floors are a bit rusty though :thumbsdown:

Pulled the seat out of it and cleaned up what was left , a mate was wrecking a tonner which had been rolled but has good floors so I went and chopped them out before the scrappy picks it up - I only bought this thing to wreck but the young bloke is keen on it so it looks like it is gonna be resurrected 8)
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
FB wannabe
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: WB bunky

Post by FB wannabe »

Awesome work Blacky!

Love hearing stories like this where cars get saved, fixed up and live to fight another day.
You won't be late with a 138!
NoMAD

Post by NoMAD »

Overlander it... you know you want to!

:D

Cheers
Nathan
FB/EK Holden Car Club of W.A. Inc
Foundation Member
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

NoMAD wrote:Overlander it... you know you want to!
Wish I never sold my real one .... :(

Anyone have a WB wiring diagram they could scan for me please ? When we picked it up the only thing that worked was the thing would start and the headlights - have got indicators and wipers sorted but still need to sort out park lights , guages , etc.
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
zl296
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by zl296 »

old hippie.....mmmm

l would check all the hidey spots... :ebiggrin:

you never know... :esurprised:

good score. :thumbsup:
oli
State: NSW

Post by oli »

Cant kill them old one tonners! I worked in a panel shop years ago (Coogee Bay) that caught fire, when it spread to the paint shop the thinners drums and paints actually exploded and blew the back wall out causing the roof to collapse. When we turned up to work the next day we had to move the old ute from in front of the office to salvage things. It had a stoved in roof, complete trim was ash and the back tyres had burnt clean off and was sitting on the rims. Yep you guessed it she fired first kick and drove straight as a die out the driveway! :esurprised:
Guess who was looking for a new shop to work in :thumbsdown: