Bootlegger's Alfa-RATI!!

Got something else that you want to show off that's not an FB or EK? Try this section.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Sputzwagon
State: NOT ENTERED

Bootlegger's Alfa-RATI!!

Post by Sputzwagon »

Here's what Dave has in mind for his Alfa Romeo 2600 Sprint coupe powered by a Maserati V8!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: 8) :thumbsup:

(sorry Dave I had to make a new subject..could'nt find the photo of the donk on here! :oops: ).

Scotty
[img]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg211/scottyharrod/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No 2
MeFB

Re: Bootlegger's Alfa-RATI!!

Post by MeFB »

It has to be done :thumbsup:

I mean, it seriously, really has to be done!

:arrow: :D
Alan
Member No.1 of the FB EK Holden Car Club of WA (Woo-hoo :D sweet!)
muza

Post by muza »

MeFB wrote:It has to be done :thumbsup:

I mean, it seriously, really has to be done!

:arrow: :D
X2 :D :D :D
FB Holden Fernando Yellow/Arctic Beige flash
Stock as a rock
75 series Landcruiser 350 Chev
Not so stock
Stygian
State: NSW

Post by Stygian »

Sputzwagon wrote:Image
Scotty
I like Alfas and this looks great - very much like a competition step nose 105 from the 60s. A V8 engine in an Alfa Romeo shell can be a very nice combination indeed. Remember the Giocattolo from the 80s? It was an Alfa Romeo Sprint shell with a midmounted Holden 304 V8. Went like stink.
bootlegger

Post by bootlegger »

Thanks for doing that scotty. You really are one of the most talented people I know. I own the car and I own the engine but as yet this is just a fantasy. My preference is to do a maserati 450s but thats just a mammoth project and I dont know if Im up for that sort of commitment. Over the last couple of weeks Ive been accumulating some body building machinery like a large wooden block and all the stake anvils. This week a mate gave me a wheeling machine that needs a bit of work. Ive also made a buck yesterday for a 30s Riley race car body. The deal with the owner is if it comes out right he pays. If I make a mess I go home with my tail between my legs. Ive never done this before so its uncharted territory. I may try my hand at something harder if it works out OK.
Ive got a couple of paying jobs to finish plus I really want to finish My FB Council ute.

I guess watch this space. :D
bootlegger

Post by bootlegger »

Tried to fit the maserati into the alfa today. Its way to wide. It hits everything. The only way it could be done would be to cut the whole front subframe off and remake a new one. I guess it will still be cool with a worked six and on the ground.
muza

Post by muza »

:(
FB Holden Fernando Yellow/Arctic Beige flash
Stock as a rock
75 series Landcruiser 350 Chev
Not so stock
Sputzwagon

Post by Sputzwagon »

Start cutting the subframe Dave...this HAS to be done!! BWAHAHAHAHA
[img]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg211/scottyharrod/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No 2
bootlegger

Post by bootlegger »

Yeah i could do all that but it then it would be a modern hot rod. I want it look like it came from the factory like that. It really is a major cut. I would have to cut everything off from the firewall forward. Inner guards everything the fabricate a whole new front chassis. I doubt it would be registerable after that.. its a shame. The engine bay is huge. A normal v8 would fit no problems.