Time to meet the rest of our cars

Got something else that you want to show off that's not an FB or EK? Try this section.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

kiwifb
State: NOT ENTERED

Time to meet the rest of our cars

Post by kiwifb »

Hey guys,
Thought it was time to introduce the rest of our family, our FB is the ‘black’ sheep of our family, we were HT and HK people for years, so here goes some ‘introductions’
First is Scott’s HK silver mink Monaro, with parchment interior, we brought this about 10 years ago, and had just got the money together to restore it and we got offered someone’s nearly finished Monaro project, (a rolling body with the engine dropped in) which became my Monaro, as Scott’s is going original and this car was hot rodded. We finished it off and I borrowed some parts of Scott’s car… hence no back bumper in this shot… His car is finally at the point where we have put it into the panel beaters so we can embark on its restore.
Here its pictured with another of our cars (at the panel beaters) a factory v8 HT its vedoro green off its tags but we are going to paint it Monza blue, and I’m pretty sure this one will go to Auzzie as we can’t have as many cars as we do…
This is another one of my cars, and it’s my pride and joy a HK 186 that is completely unmolested, her paint is pretty thin in places but the interior is amazing, she runs on the smell of an oily rag and she is our club car, when we pile the kids in on a Sunday and ticky tour the country.
We sold the project HT Monaro (my car) to Auzzie this time last year, it was sad, but we needed the money and it was the only one we hadn’t built ourselves from scratch or saved from a paddock somewhere. But here’s a few photos as I did love it. It had bling wheels, were Scott’s have tridents – I think you guys call them jellybeans?

And us in it at the beach hop as 60’s to 70’s car weekend, heaps of fun if you have a NZ holiday planned.
So we replaced the purple Monaro with this one… I’m not a HK Monaro girl, I like my T’s but I fell in love with this car, and she starts first turn of the key! Her paint needs a tidy up too, but at the moment finishing the FB is my priority and she is very drivable as she is – she is a 327 and has black interior.
Hoping to get a photo of my 3 girls today if anyone’s keen I’ll load it up.
We have 2 more Monaro rolling bodies waiting for restore, one is factory Daytona bronze, and the other is Platinum metallic.
We also have waiting for restore a White hot HT, almost impossible to restore here as it was a ‘boys’ drinking car and the interior is shot but we didn’t get antique gold here.
And to finish of our family a HT Ute awaiting restore :oops:
Cheers Tracy
wot179

Re: Time to meet the rest of our cars

Post by wot179 »

I love you. :thumbsup:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elwood: I bet these cops got SCMODS.
Jake: SCMODS?
Elwood: State County Municipal Offender Data System.

W.S.C.C.A.
St Marys chapter.
searsy

Post by searsy »

Your making me cry
Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

cool, when you mention selling them to oz is it because we pay bigger money for them? what are they like value wise over there and how hard are they to find over there
what's the referance to "white hot HT" we had some that i've heard had "special" names one i remember was a white lightning they were HTs white with blue roof and blue trim and 253/3 speed on the collum i had one a mate had one and i know of others and they went like stink
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
kiwifb

Post by kiwifb »

Yeah we sold mine to Auzzie and the other one will end up over there as there is just not the demand for them here, if we sell for Auzzie 35000 (what we sold the purple for) It's 46,000 nz and you wouldn't get that for a monaro here people just dont have that sort of money to spend on cars, we thought we were being cheeky asking that for our car, because of the conversion, but after we said sold to a guy (within an hour of being on eBay) we got some crazy offers of money...

This one has been on the kiwi version of eBay for 6 mths as its to dear, there's this and one other and that's all in K's and T's both have been that long, it's 33,000 Aussie
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-ca ... 372517.htm
It will end up going back in storage or selling for 40,000 nz 30,400 Auzzie

Btw hasn't been an fb for sale on there for last few years, they are impossibly rare here :D That's why we had to bring ours from Auzzie to here.

The white hots were HT Kingswoods, produced with 253 v8's to try and encourage sales of the HTs when they weren't really selling, completely white cars with antique gold or blue interior, marketed like a GTS would be these days or in those days close to a monaro but a little cheaper :D

We get so much flak here as I don't think there is as much of a car culture, but we love them!
mr hydramatic

Post by mr hydramatic »

them cars are a real credit to you!! :) maybe we pm should talk monaro's . :) .here are a couple of kwik pics of "other" holdens i currently own ...my ht broughman owned it for nealy 19years , about 80thou miles unrestored /original im the 2nd owner ....
hg factory prem 308 auto lsd diff wagon , currently gettin a full rebuild after around 23 years off the road, tried to have i ready for holden day , ...next year
Attachments
the bro
the bro
000_1560.jpg (58.96 KiB) Viewed 1135 times
ya dont know performance till ya have driven a grey motor with a hydramatic....[/i]
mr hydramatic

Post by mr hydramatic »

here is the hg wagon...
Attachments
hg wagon 1.jpg
hg wagon 1.jpg (137.12 KiB) Viewed 1132 times
ya dont know performance till ya have driven a grey motor with a hydramatic....[/i]
muza

Post by muza »

Im going to NZ as soon as I win tatts.................
FB Holden Fernando Yellow/Arctic Beige flash
Stock as a rock
75 series Landcruiser 350 Chev
Not so stock
kiwifb

Post by kiwifb »

mr hydramatic wrote:them cars are a real credit to you!! :) maybe we pm should talk monaro's . :) .here are a couple of kwik pics of "other" holdens i currently own ...my ht broughman owned it for nealy 19years , about 80thou miles unrestored /original im the 2nd owner ....
hg factory prem 308 auto lsd diff wagon , currently gettin a full rebuild after around 23 years off the road, tried to have i ready for holden day , ...next year
Awesome car :DS and happy to talk monaros anytime!
Last edited by kiwifb on Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kiwifb

Post by kiwifb »

muza wrote:Im going to NZ as soon as I win tatts.................
:thumbsup: