FB Standard, Westfields Hornsby

Have you spotted any FB's or EK's we haven't seen before. Post your pics here.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Stygian
State: NSW

FB Standard, Westfields Hornsby

Post by Stygian »

Saw this very clean, straight and original FB Standard in the carpark at Hornsby Westfields around 12.30pm. Only got a quick look as I was in a hurry.

Original NSW plates too beginning with C. I blacked these out on the pic to protect the owner from pernicious forum lurkers :roll: . The only thing that let it down visually was the front rims painted in rattle-can silver.

EKjimmy
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: FB Standard, Westfields Hornsby

Post by EKjimmy »

stick on chrome trim too. doesn't look that bad
'The best engine in the world is a vagina. It can be started with only one finger. It is self-lubricating. It takes any size piston. And it changes it's own oil every four weeks. It is a pity that the management system is so f*$king temperamental.'
Cal

Post by Cal »

I quite like Standards with the two tone bodywork. It still retains that " I wish I can afford a Special" poverty pack look of a Standard :lol: , but looks a bit classier 8)
Stygian

Post by Stygian »

Saw this car again in Asquith this morning driving towards Hornsby, driven by what appeared to be a little old lady...
Stygian

Post by Stygian »

I recently met the owner of this FB Standard in the carpark of Hornsby Westfields where I first saw it. A little old lady (and her husband) have owned it since new and have all the paperwork for it. The car was bought in Hornsby and has been here all its life. Her son is a mechanic and is reponsible for the horrible rubber strips down the side and other repair jobs. She told me she gets stopped all the time by guys making offers for the car, however, it is being passed down to her son.
MeFB

Post by MeFB »

Stygian wrote:she gets stopped all the time by guys making offers for the car, however, it is being passed down to her son.
So that he can ruin the rest of it :thumbsdown:

Would be better if one of us pernicit...pencuit...pernibiscuit...(that word you used) forum lurkers gets our hands on it.

:arrow: :D
Alan
Member No.1 of the FB EK Holden Car Club of WA (Woo-hoo :D sweet!)
Stygian

Post by Stygian »

MeFB wrote:So that he can ruin the rest of it :thumbsdown:
Well, it runs nicely, it's reliable and it's his Mum's daily driver after more than 50 years on the road, so he must be doing something right.
MeFB wrote:Would be better if one of us pernicit...pencuit...pernibiscuit...(that word you used) forum lurkers gets our hands on it.

I used the adjective pernicious in reference to what happened to one of the NSW Club members. After photos of his car displaying the number plate were posted on this forum, he had a knock on his door from some unknown guy wanting to buy it. Hence my obscuring of the number plate.
MeFB

Post by MeFB »

Stygian wrote:Her son is a mechanic and is reponsible for the horrible rubber strips down the side and other repair jobs.
Let me respond with your own words rather than mine...

Alan
Stygian

Post by Stygian »

Meh, he's probably just doing his best with what he knows, what he's got on hand and what is cheap. It's not what I would do with the car, but it's not my car.
Cal

Post by Cal »

The guy's obviously maintained it well, as its still surviving as a daily driver. As for the rubber strip and other so called dodgy mods, you gotta remember to them it's just a car.

I don't think they spent the last 50 years of ownership worrying about whether any mods they did met the approval FB/EK diehards :wink:
MeFB

Post by MeFB »

Cal wrote:The guy's obviously maintained it well, as its still surviving as a daily driver. As for the rubber strip and other so called dodgy mods, you gotta remember to them it's just a car.

I don't think they spent the last 50 years of ownership worrying about whether any mods they did met the approval FB/EK diehards :wink:
I agree. I take my hat off to the old couple for keeping with the same car and looking after it for so long. I wish there were more of them out there.

Alan
Mick

Post by Mick »

could also be looking after his future car with elderly people driving it banging doors against things or other people banging there stuff into it those strips are relatively easy to remove much easier than removing dents and respraying :wink: :thumbsup:
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Stygian

Post by Stygian »

That's a fair point Mick. I've seen her getting along in it on the Pacific Highway and she's quite a good driver. She knows to park as far away as possible from other cars.