Mt Gambier Nats Auction - Opinions sought

Here is the place to discuss the Nationals, each year will have a new thread added for up-to-date info!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Trev
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: Mt Gambier Nats Auction - Opinions sought

Post by Trev »

Can someone bring a new red motor water pump, from my recent experience I will probably need it :roll: :P .
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

Trev wrote:Can someone bring a new red motor water pump, from my recent experience I will probably need it :roll: :P .
Just remember there's three to choose from!! :mrgreen: :ebiggrin: :lol: :lol:
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
MeFB

Post by MeFB »

Devilrod wrote:
Trev wrote:Can someone bring a new red motor water pump, from my recent experience I will probably need it :roll: :P .
Just remember there's three to choose from!! :mrgreen: :ebiggrin: :lol: :lol:
Geek time :egeek:

I can think of 10 different red motor capacities off the top of my head (130, 138, 149, 161, 173, 179, 186, 202, 253, 308). Some of them would have shared water pumps. How many water pumps would you have to bring to fix any given red motor? I'm guessing 3 is right, but it's just a guess :eugeek:

:arrow: :D
Alan
Member No.1 of the FB EK Holden Car Club of WA (Woo-hoo :D sweet!)
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

From a recent experience courtesy of Trev there are indeed three.... Well listed in the parts book anyway. :mrgreen:
MeFB

Post by MeFB »

There ya go :thumbsup: Should have just listened to you in the first place :lol:

Hijack over - back to the auction question.

I vote for a shiny bits auction and a car-boot for oily bits (because I love shiny bits, but I need oily bits)

Alan
Thommo

Post by Thommo »

Lots of good ideas fellas :thumbsup:
MeFB

Post by MeFB »

My opinion is that SunnyTim should bring some of his loot for auction :lol:

You must have a NOS flash kit or two hanging around Tim? Or one of your picnic shelves?

But seriously, if it's an auction, then maybe the items should be kept to a minimum and vetted first? Literally stuff like clocks, picnic shelves, taxi rails, flash kits and the like?

Alan
Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

MeFB wrote:My opinion is that SunnyTim should bring some of his loot for auction :lol:

You must have a NOS flash kit or two hanging around Tim? Or one of your picnic shelves?

But seriously, if it's an auction, then maybe the items should be kept to a minimum and vetted first? Literally stuff like clocks, picnic shelves, taxi rails, flash kits and the like?

only thing wrong with that the type of people that would be at the nationals (enthoosiasts) if they have that stuff spare they don't want to part with it, and then would want premium money for it aswell which they may not get with a small group of people allthough they pretty much are the target market
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
MeFB

Post by MeFB »

Mick wrote:
MeFB wrote:My opinion is that SunnyTim should bring some of his loot for auction :lol:

only thing wrong with that the type of people that would be at the nationals (enthoosiasts) if they have that stuff spare they don't want to part with it, and then would want premium money for it aswell which they may not get with a small group of people allthough they pretty much are the target market
Hmmm, I see your point Mick.

Maybe there should be auction that is not combined with other activities? Like separate it from the dinner or something? Maybe publish a list of stuff to be auctioned first so that people can make up their mind if they want to attend? I know there are a few things that I'd love to get my grubby little mitts on and would pay 'enthusiast' rates for, but wouldn't want to bore people to death at a dinner getting into a bidding war over the last known NOS NASCO/TRICO vacuum washer kit.

I think it's also important to give the sellers an opportunity to sell their stuff for a reasonable price without getting abused at a car-boot sale because they are asking $2000 for a picnic shelf or $1500 for a flash kit or something.

Alan
ek61

Post by ek61 »

im sorta leaning 2ward the swepmeet thing on the sunday now :)
theres always someone looking for somthing , you would think it would be more smaller items that wouldnt take up too much room 4 the trip over ,might have higher price tags but if people want/need it it would prob still sell

i guess you could post up what people are planning on bringing over to give some ideas of what will be there
of if peoplel are needing stuff they could let others know ?

would help pass some time on the sunday if people are willing to man a site insted of flapping their gums all day :lol: :lol:

will start diging throught the shed now :D

but still looking for ideas thanks for the input guys
cheers dave
"THE JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES BEGINS WITH A BROKEN FAN BELT AND A FLAT TYRE"
***just cruise***
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

Why not have a silent auction on the night ?
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
MeFB

Post by MeFB »

Blacky wrote:Why not have a silent auction on the night ?
Now you're talking :thumbsup:

Oops, sorry, I mean.... :silent:

Alan