Floor shifter for grey

Includes clutch, transmission, propeller shaft,
universal joints, differential and rear axle.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

dodge68
State: WA

Post by dodge68 »

I'm also chasing a shift kit for a 3 speed all syncro box. Will the diagrams also suit my gearbox?
FB EK Holden Car Club of QLD
FB MAD
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by FB MAD »

dodge68 wrote:I'm also chasing a shift kit for a 3 speed all syncro box. Will the diagrams also suit my gearbox?
No the 3 speed grey motor gearbox and shifting mechanism design is different to the 3 speed all synchronised red motor gearboxes.
I can't think what to write here so this will do.
dodge68

Post by dodge68 »

Thanks, I'll keep looking
FB EK Holden Car Club of QLD
Quaddy

Re: Floor shifter for grey

Post by Quaddy »

Righteo

I know this is a old post but I'm going to try anyway. I've just got my hands on one of these old floor shifters. Now I'm trying to work out how it fits up and works I'm not real good with this stuff so go easy. I can see where the top linkage connects but what about the other linkage? I can see there's a spring attached to that linkage but where does that other linkage attatch to the stick? If it even does I might be over looking something or just really confused.or might just have a mis match of parts that arnt compatible. Any pics and input will be greatly appreciated.
Harv
State: NSW

Re: Floor shifter for grey

Post by Harv »

G'day Quaddy,

Take a look here:
http://www.fbekholden.com/forum/viewtop ... 26&t=18606

It was supposed to be about grey crashboxes... but I got carried away with the floor shifter info.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.