Coachbuilt FB/EK ambulance/hearse???

Club Runs, meetings and other news for fans of FBs & EKs in S.A

Moderators: reidy, Blacky, SA Mod

paroharo
State: NOT ENTERED

Coachbuilt FB/EK ambulance/hearse???

Post by paroharo »

Hi there,
I was driving West on Grand Junction Road at Wingfield on Saturday at around 11:30am when I spotted heading the other way on a car trailer a baby poo brown FB or EK panelvan - or so I thought. I didn't have time to take in the detail of the front (to determine FB or EK) because in the next split second I realised it was considerably larger than a panelvan, in fact it was a coachbuilt van with a higher rounded roof and a sloping rounded rear! It didn't appear to have any markings to give away if it was once an ambulance or something else but I'm inclined to think it was most likely that. I think it had a split oval rear window and possibly two or three side windows.
Does anyone know anything about this?
I barely even had time to take in the detail let alone get a picture..
Thommo

Re: Coachbuilt FB/EK ambulance/hearse???

Post by Thommo »

:eh: :think: Sounds interesting
retro-richard

Re: Coachbuilt FB/EK ambulance/hearse???

Post by retro-richard »

The fb ek ambulance/hearse might of been the one used in the aussie movie Ground Zero from about year 2000 its not too bad of
a movie,you get to see a fair bit of the van in the movie,its a tough old girl even gets chased by a helicopter gun ship.I gather like many movie props it was forgoten about,the movie was filmed in sa outback,I hope someone out there knows who the new owners are
and let them know about the sa fb ek nationals and bring the van down