licence plate lights

Includes wiring and battery, generating system, starting system,
ignition system, windscreen wipers, lighting system and instruments and gauges.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

In the Shed
State: SA

Re: licence plate lights

Post by In the Shed »

Errol62 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:46 pm
gpi wrote:most ppl use an old compact disc case...remember them...
Would a cassette case do??? Cos I got a few….

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie

You’ve probably still got the old cartridges too? They were before my time 😀
A day in the shed beats a day at work!
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

How VERY dare you!

The eight track, no but I remember them in chargers and such.

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Brett027
State: NSW

Post by Brett027 »

We older timers have had an amazing journey through music listening technology. 78's replaced with 33 1/3 and 45's vinyl records, reel to reel tape, cassettes and 8 tacks, cd's, then IPods and now a squillion tunes on SD cards and now micro SD cards. I remember 8 tracks in new early 70s falcons and the sound was pretty good- just needed a big boot to store them. I recall when CD's first came out we were told they were indestructable- found out pretty quick that a single scratch could stop them easily😒

I remember buying my first car cassette player for $100 for my first registered car (EH Premier that cost $500) in 1976. Thought I was the bees knees. Then it was cd's with boot mounted multi CD players, and then everything came with input sockets to use IPods. I still use my IPod integrated with the sound system with a USB connection but the car takes SD cards too- just haven't figured out how to set the card up.

And then there were all the speaker and amp options.....🤗. As it turns out, cars are a good space for audiophiles.
Sucker for a rusty bomb
Harv
State: NSW

Post by Harv »

Can remember my first couple of sound systems... AM/FM radios salvaged from wreckers with cassette slots. 4" speakers from the same place, often had sat in the sun for a few years so the cones were nice and crackly. Mix tapes made by putting two tape players next to each other, one on play and the other on record. No base, but plenty of time fiddling with the left/right and front/rear balance. Quadraphonic, mate.

Always wanted one of them fancy Kenwood systems, with 6x9's and the big sticker in the rear window (because some thieves need help to identify which car to break in to).

Do thieves still steal car radios?

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Been streaming Spotify for years you old luddites 8 )

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

Shake Rattle and Roll had a couple of old home stereo speakers laying on their sides on the back seat and a fully sick component system in the home made console :ebiggrin:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.