2012 FB-EK Holden Nationals

Here is the place to discuss the Nationals, each year will have a new thread added for up-to-date info!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

EK DAZ
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: 2012 FB-EK Holden Nationals

Post by EK DAZ »

To everyone, Have a great time and travel safe!!Sad we cant make it this year ,but are still are blown away from Soggy Sawtell .Truly a memorable trip with great vehicles and great people. Good luck to everyone. Regards Daz. PS. Take heaps of photos for us. Thanks.
EK DAZ
EKfanPaul2

Post by EKfanPaul2 »

Thanks Daz! It was good to meet you in Sawtell. Come back over again, mate. Still got that pic I gave you?
Cheers
Paul K
EK DAZ

Post by EK DAZ »

Yeah mate, It's hanging above the computer.We done a trip over Xmas on the Diamond princess,leaving Sydney,thru to Melboune and Hobart, then back to NZ,so a bit lacking in funds,as well as Been slow at work_ no over time.Hopefully next year. Regards Daryl.
EK DAZ
rosco
State: VIC

Post by rosco »

Great get together yesterday afternoon/evening at the sausage sizzle - many thanks to the Mt. Gambier crew (special mentions for the "J" family) for supplying/hosting and supplying the outdoor climate control.

We had just returned to the van to settle in for the night when a shower or three gave us something to listen to to set "sleep" mode....

Looking forward to a great day again today, catching up with all entrants.....

frats,
Rosco
Sputzwagon

Post by Sputzwagon »

Thanks for the up-date Rosco...keep 'em coming... :thumbsup:

Scotty.
[img]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg211/scottyharrod/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No 2
rosco

Post by rosco »

Yesterday saw a grand line of vehicles along the entrance road down to the Valley Lake - a magnificent sight (sorry no pix - but they will come) with the backdrop of the very high crater top and lookout tower behind.
A cordial welcome by the S.A./Mt. G HOA hosts, some information on the upcoming program and a run down to Port MacDonnnell......
A hot breakfast was provided and very well received.
We tagged along at the rear like a mangy dog in our 200 (now you know). At one location, from our position - a view of splendour was beheld by the long line of FB/EK's ahead. For over two kilometers, we could see a continuous line of vehicles in procession.
We were at the top of one hill, the vehicles preceding accounted for the downhill, the 1km flat and a further 1/2 k up the hill at front.... it was indeed an impressive sight..... somewhat like a train of FB's/EK's running in unison......
A lunch opportunity was made available at Port MacDonnell where the group assembled in the large car park.
After a suitable opportunity was made available for the locals to digest our presence - we again took flight and returned to Mt. G via the southern leg of the cruise triangle.
From our tail-gunning position, we noted that the "bush telegraph" and "jungle drums" were in full action - as residents stood at their verandahs/porches and front yards watching the "procession"..... I'd wager that the visible country telephone lines were indeed running "hot" - there weren't many birds perched on them.......

Vehicles were again assembled at the Lady Nelson information centre where we took the opportunity to take in the centre and enjoy hot drinks and biscuits.
The remainder of the afternoon was "free".
We assembled at the Comfort Inn for a welcome dinner where we were again welcomed, continued to re-acquaint and enjoyed a lovely meal.
Don Loffler (author of a number of Holden books) gave a short talk on his upcoming FB/EK book to be published (a must for us).

An auction was conducted, a door raffle and general raffle was drawn.

We left for our "digs" at about 10:30 an noted there remained many in the ambience of the nationals.

Today, we enjoy the show'n'shine out at the Valley Lake and will again assemble at the Comfort Inn for the presentation dinner.

Weather - it has been cloudy, cool but comfortable.
Late Friday night saw a few light showers pass through - and yesterday during the cruise - a brief shower. Otherwise it has been very pleasant.

More to come after today's event/s.

frats,
Rosco
Sputzwagon

Post by Sputzwagon »

Thanks Rosco...only you could make it sound like I was there.. :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Scotty.
[img]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg211/scottyharrod/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No 2
rosco

Post by rosco »

OK, Scotty -big, big fantastic day today.... the "standard" of vehicles attending nationals is growing ..... I was very, very impressed with many who clearly have shown their dedication (madness, even) - take a close peek at some of the detail in the following pix.....

Oh, and did I mention?...... maybe not - so, to save you many thousands of words...

here's a brief snippet of what my box brownie "shot" today.... I believe I have now "crossed" the shutter equator - I "clicked" (excuse pun) over the 10,000 pix milestone today.... now on the second 10,000 with this box brownie.....

enjoy - we'll start with Mini and Sunny Tim... the rest, you can probably work out for yourselves....

that should be enough for you to make a start on - before others upload theirs in bulk.......

Tonight, we again return to the Comfort Inn for the presentation dinner..... decisions, decisions, decisions - I have absolutley no idea where these awards are going to end up - the standard was very, very hard to chose one over another.....

I have my "favourites".... but I'm keeping "pat" on them..... I could post a thousand pix here, and still not show the forum just how great and strong the 2012 Mt. Gambier nationals has been supported......

frats,
Rosco
fxfjholden.com

2012 FB-EK Holden Nationals

Post by fxfjholden.com »

Went to the show and shine today, caught up with some forum members. Pity about the light drizzle.

Credit to the organizers fantastic spot amongst those craters.
"From FJ to HZ, if you don't drive a HOLDEN you're better off DEAD"
fxfjholden forums - http://forums.fxfjholden.com
jack_fc

Post by jack_fc »

We drove 2 hrs in the rain :( (not in an FB/EK) to see todays show'n'shine - when we got there, we were warmly welcomed and personally shown to a parking spot :thumbsup:

There was a great range of cars on display in a fantastic venue :)

Lunch time and we found yummy bacon and egg sangas ($1!!!) and plates of delicious cakes ($1!!!)

Had a close look at all the cars, some stunning and eyecatching examples, but kept getting drawn back to the grey modified ute (CRUPI?) a classic case of 'less is more' :thumbsup: whoever owns it - nice one, mate!!

Big Thanks :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: to the organisers, the caterers, and everyone who entered a car - a great day and well worth the drive!

cheers, jack
nosferatu

Post by nosferatu »

We drove down yesterday (getting old and didn't to do a 26 hour day trip like we did for Bendigo) and like Jack rocked up at the show n shine today to be very warmly welcomed and encouraged onto the oval (again not in an FB EK). Thank you for that.

It was a great spot and a very nice range of cars on show - pity about the drizzling weather but the little cakes and the hot chocolate made up for that just nicely. :D

Just got home now - still tired, but not like the Bendigo trip! :lol:

Hope the rest of your event goes well and drive home safely.
NosFEratu [img]http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii6/Badkitti666/coolgleamA.gif[/img]
[img]http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii6/Badkitti666/Scottwax3.gif[/img]