2012 FB-EK Holden Nationals

Here is the place to discuss the Nationals, each year will have a new thread added for up-to-date info!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

jack_fc
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: 2012 FB-EK Holden Nationals

Post by jack_fc »

Thanks Roger and Lesley; we'll be there :) We've got a 2 hour drive each way, so it would be great to know approx start/finish times if possible, please!

(And NosFEratu, I'm absolutely shattered by your news; I was counting on winning the "best dirty white Victorian HQ wagon with venetians and sunvisor in the car park" trophy... :lol: :lol: :lol: )
igor
State: SA

Post by igor »

Between 9 and 3 S.A. time
jack_fc

Post by jack_fc »

igor wrote:Between 9 and 3 S.A. time
thanks for that :thumbsup:
rosco
State: VIC

Post by rosco »

I'm probably going to tread on some very sore toes here - but, for the uninitiated....

It is always a challenge to out-shine, out-gobsmack, out-original everyone else at a nationals..... which is a bonus for all who view the vehicles...
But, and this is a very big BUT! - if your sole purpose of coming to a nationals is to be honoured with a tropy - you're wasting your time.... and will undoubtedly come away very disappointed....

To my way of thinking, and from past experience from the limited number of nationals I have attended - the underlying purpose of a nationals is the "gathering".... and being part of the group of fellow enthusiasts - specifically - FB's and EK's.....

If you're coming to your first "nats" - come for the sole purpose of joining in ... NOT to be bestowed with a trophy... I have seen many, many such disappointed people (some very much less gracious than they should be) have their participation "soured" by not winning an award......

I can very much tell everyone who attends the Mt. G nats this coming weekend - we will NOT be awarded a trophy for our car - I wouldn't accept it even if nominated - so, please, please - pretty please, entrants - do NOT vote for entrant #16 at this year's nats - I will not accept any award this year.

We are coming to join in with the entrants, nothing else.
I will happily show anyone our car who is interested, on the day - but won't be leaving it open for public display.

So, folk - come and enjoy the events, the company, the dinners, the hospitality, the involvement..... but for goodness sake - don't come with the sole intention of winning an award/trophy...... you'll see...

As for "car park" awards - aren't these in the form of pink tickets.....? Hope I don't get one of those, either.....

frats,
Rosco
EKfanPaul2

Post by EKfanPaul2 »

To each his own.

Some people only bring their cars to only trophy events. Some people drive their cars but still would like a trophy to recognise their hard work
Some people get really bitter about it - if they don't get one!
Some just get into the camraderie and friendship...that's me.

My old mate Pete (RIP, mate) used to deliver junk mail in Footscray for the exercise. Often he'd see a skip out the front of a house as the rellos would be cleaning out mum & dad's house after they died, to sell it. Pete used to say "The first thing you'd see in the dumpmaster was the parent's trophies!" - darts, tennis, bowls etc.

Sad but true.

Enjoy enjoy your car

Paul

PS - I always put a vote in for Bills (Reidy's) rat- car!
Attachments
Someone painted this - Pete made good use of it. Pete with one of his HD's
Someone painted this - Pete made good use of it. Pete with one of his HD's
Copy of Vote1Pete.jpg (53.8 KiB) Viewed 1021 times
Trev

Post by Trev »

I go for the beers and a good laugh with the boy.
Love seeing the kids meet with all the other kids and growing up as mates that meet once a year.

Sorry Rosco, like the rest of us, you don't get to tell people not to vote for your car. And you'd look pretty silly refusing to accept your trophy :P .
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

that's why i don't come usually don't have a car or one that's going or if it is it wouldn't be worthy of a trophy so no chance of a trophy so no chance i'm coming :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ebiggrin:
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
jack_fc

Post by jack_fc »

I can only wholeheartedly agree with rosco's and Paul's comments... :thumbsup:

(and just in case anyone misinterpreted nosferatu's comment re trophies and my reply; on another forum we both have a long history of shitstirring each other, totally in jest, about being a "SCW" - this most derogatory acronym stands for Show Car Wanker, and accurately reflects what we both think of trophy hunters... neither of us own an FB/EK, but we love them enough to drive for hours in our 'other' old Holdens just to see a gathering of them and catch up with one another :D)

see you there!

cheers, jack
Devilrod

Post by Devilrod »

I think Rosco just issued us a challenge.... Entrants choice - 16 :mrgreen:
nosferatu

Post by nosferatu »

Jack's spot on with what he said - we have running jokes about SCW's :wink:

and he's right, we both have been known to do day trips to check out the "late model" cars - like when you guys were at Bendigo..... Jack and Rita did a day trip from Port Fairy and John and I came from Adelaide. Ooooh yeah, that was a very very long day - by the time we drove there, met up with Jack and Rita for lunch, checked out all the FB EKs and the Mopars, had a good meal and then headed home we got back 26 hours after we left! :D was a great day though.

See you all late model owners on Sunday and Jack, we're looking forward to a good me me la la bullshit session again :ebiggrin:
NosFEratu [img]http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii6/Badkitti666/coolgleamA.gif[/img]
[img]http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii6/Badkitti666/Scottwax3.gif[/img]
rosco

Post by rosco »

Trust me, Trev and Brett - you are going to be miserably disappointed with my car this year......

Just bye, the by - we are considering coming home the "long way" back..... any takers...? We're not under any time restraints this year......
Signing off for a couple of days - see y'all Friday sometime......

frats,
Rosco
reidy

Post by reidy »

C'mon guys, don't burst my bubble. I just put new tyres on the Rat and doubled its value. Surely I'm in for a trophy this time?:shock:
Bill 8)
President
FB-EK Holden Car Club of Victoria Inc.
reidy

Post by reidy »

Be vewy qwiet, we're hunting twophies, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
minifb

Post by minifb »

I go to Keep the noisy table going.................... There is a 15 drink limit remeber fella's NOT a 8 or 9 limit.. (not mentioning names atm but i will soon) lol
The kids love catching up with there mates... Its nice to see all the cars together at the one place.. The drive their and back is one of my Favourite parts of the weekend..
FB/EKForum member 123
ImageWoofto Car Club Member No4

IF ITS NOT CHOPPED IT MAY ASWELL BE RESTORED

Member FB-EK Holden Car Club of NSW Inc.
EKfanPaul2

Post by EKfanPaul2 »

I WAS going to buy up all sorts of trophies at junk markets, Bill.

Grouse looking darts, volleyball, football, lacrosse, lawn bowls ones etc. and put them in a box beside my car with a sign "Anyone who thinks their car deserves a trophy; and they think they are going to miss out - here's one for ya, help yourself! "

But I don't know if everyone would share my sense of humour! LOL!

Still voting for your car, Bill - sorry, It's tradition now. (Until you do up your ute or standard, then if they are all nice & lovely; no vote! )