HID lighting system

Includes wiring and battery, generating system, starting system,
ignition system, windscreen wipers, lighting system and instruments and gauges.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

PAYNEY05
State: NOT ENTERED

HID lighting system

Post by PAYNEY05 »

Hi Guys
Just put a HID headlight system in the FB. I have used a pair of Narva free form headlights and found the HID kit from Ebay.
The light intensity is 6000K which puts out a really white light.I did have Hella lights with 90/100W globes and relays which were pretty good but these things are a lot better!
Payney05
GreyPride

Re: HID lighting system

Post by GreyPride »

and Illegal, just a heads up - don't get caught with em in
GP
62 Silverton Grey Utility with Matador Red and Mawson Grey interior!
PAYNEY05

Post by PAYNEY05 »

Hi GP
In what way are these illegal?i know the 90/100w globes i had in previously probably were.
Payney05
GreyPride

Post by GreyPride »

ADR requirement that ANY vehicle these are fitted to have automatic self levelling headlamp systems and specially designed lenses to focus the beam, - the whole system has to be designed and integrated to suit the high power of the light for oncoming traffic. Older style reflector and lenses simply spread the beam and make the situation worse. That is why (generally) the more expensive cars have them fitted from factory - it requires a lot more work and design therefore cost to make them meet ADR's
I had them in my old car and my Motorbike, and I agree - the light these things throw out is amazing! - but was convinced by an officer of the Law when he pulled me over for an unrelated item that it was in my financial best interests to remove them (quickly) and return to traditional lighting. A mate of mine that had them fitted to his VT Calais got done for having them fitted and it cost him a prety penny!

GP
62 Silverton Grey Utility with Matador Red and Mawson Grey interior!
PAYNEY05

Post by PAYNEY05 »

Obviously these are not self levelling but the Narva lenses are ADR approved to run this type of light system. The headlights have been adjusted identical to the previous lights.
Regards,
Payney05