tug in the park

Club Runs, meetings and other news for fans of FBs & EKs in N.S.W.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky, NSW Mod

Mick
State: NSW

Re: tug in the park

Post by Mick »

Stygian wrote: No offence taken Mick, you're right. If I have to change my appearance to look like I've just had tea with Ivan Milat, the hot rod scene is not for me. Pity as I like many of the cars. Back in the 90s hot shows seemed to be a bit more family oriented. Your mate who owns the 57 Chev is a lucky man - very beautiful car 8) . Wouldn't mind having that car in my garage at all.
[/quote]

wasn't sujesting you change yor apperance :) just that just about any car show you go to there'll be many tattooed patrons :wink: prolly quite a few with long hair :shock: don't know about toothless i go to quite a few shows and haven't really paid alot of attention to the dental situation but haven't really noticed toothless people :?

the '57 was my taxi at summernats this year he got the Scott Dunkley award for best authentic and surprise surprise it sustained no damage in such a dangerous place for cars to be :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: the '70 chevelle beside the '57 was with us at summernats aswell another good mate, he even had his 15 year old daughter with him she didn't even get raped or killed his car has survived 4 summernats with wate for it no damage :shock: and he drives it :shock: :shock:
Last edited by Mick on Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
FBeing
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by FBeing »

What??
No dents to any cars? Or smashed windows?
No rapes?
No bashings?
No deaths?

I don't believe it!!!

Just a heap of dentists rubbing their hands together looking at all the potential work!
:D :D :D

Disclaimer: I am having a feeble attempt at humour before some of you start bighting
Mick

Post by Mick »

FBeing wrote: Disclaimer: I am having a feeble attempt at humour before some of you start bighting
:lol: :lol: i got it :wink: but that's nothing to go by :( :mrgreen:
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
The Yeti

Post by The Yeti »

FBeing wrote: :D :D :D

Disclaimer: I am having a feeble attempt at humour before some of you start bighting
Apparently we cant bight as we hot rod crowd dont have any teeth
hewey

Post by hewey »

But I know a rough bunch of people when I see them. The hot rod crowd isn't for me. Sorry.
Thanks for the pics, Im surprised you were game enough to get the camera out with all of these thugs around :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously I think you’ve either got a skewed vision of what the hot rod crowd is like, or you’re being extremely judgemental (or both). The weekend before Australia Day my girlfriend and I spent the weekend at the Canberra Rod and Kustom Kruise (our third year there by the way), I had 5 mates there all of whom brought along both their wives and kids for the whole weekend too, because the whole weekend is so relaxed and family friendly. They did a kids colouring comp, treasure hunt, kids disco, and there was also a pool, jumping pillow and put put for the kids too. The cruise that was held went to DFO so the ladies could go shopping, and they also got a complimentary bottle of wine in the entrants goodie buckets too (it was even pre-chilled!). Yes there were some guys with tatts and the like. There was only one guy who wasn’t well behaved, he wasn’t even an entrant, and he got kicked up the ass and shoved out the gate VERY quick by the organisers when he did do a burnout in his Valiant. I’ve got to say your idea of what the hot rod crowd is certainly doesn’t match up with my experiences.
The Yeti

Post by The Yeti »

hewey wrote:
But I know a rough bunch of people when I see them. The hot rod crowd isn't for me. Sorry.
Thanks for the pics, Im surprised you were game enough to get the camera out with all of these thugs around :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously I think you’ve either got a skewed vision of what the hot rod crowd is like, or you’re being extremely judgemental (or both). The weekend before Australia Day my girlfriend and I spent the weekend at the Canberra Rod and Kustom Kruise (our third year there by the way), I had 5 mates there all of whom brought along both their wives and kids for the whole weekend too, because the whole weekend is so relaxed and family friendly. They did a kids colouring comp, treasure hunt, kids disco, and there was also a pool, jumping pillow and put put for the kids too. The cruise that was held went to DFO so the ladies could go shopping, and they also got a complimentary bottle of wine in the entrants goodie buckets too (it was even pre-chilled!). Yes there were some guys with tatts and the like. There was only one guy who wasn’t well behaved, he wasn’t even an entrant, and he got kicked up the ass and shoved out the gate VERY quick by the organisers when he did do a burnout in his Valiant. I’ve got to say your idea of what the hot rod crowd is certainly doesn’t match up with my experiences.
Couldn't agree more

I was also at the Canberra Rod and Kustom Kruise with my wife & kids, this event is how I see the Hot Rod community I don't know every one personally and we all come from very different backgrounds but at events like this we all have a ball, my 7 going on 17year old daughter and her 8 year old friend had a ball at the CRAKK going to the disco, cruzing in the cars listening to the bands this place is more of a family holiday with Hot Rods around than a car weekend, and my experience with most rodding days including tug is they are similar, there actually family days with cool cars not car days with a few family's

I accept that the hotrod seen isn't for every one but its far from a long bay day release scheme,

I'm thinking if Tug wasnt for you, you probably shouldnt go to Rat Day in September,

Rat Days another on with loads of Tatt's and some crazy getups but there all cool people and I take my kids every fathers day, infact until his passing I took my dad as well you dont get more family freindly than that
FBeing

Post by FBeing »

The Yeti wrote:
FBeing wrote: :D :D :D

Apparently we cant bight as we hot rod crowd dont have any teeth
Wow someone got my pun - Noice!

I went to the Bright Rod Run in November and I took my wife and daughter, I was also with my mate, his wife and his 2 year old. We all had a great time. I am looking forward to going to CRAKK this year too.

I don't actually think Stygian is that narrow minded that he thinks every rod show is full of jail birds. He was just making a point that to him some of the crowd seemed a little rough.
STANLEY

Post by STANLEY »

I think (hope) old mate gets the point by now.

I also know a lot of people who genuinely think that people who do not fit in with the Eastern Suburbs (or whatever area) stereotype are in someway to be looked down upon or thought to be of questionable backgrounds. It is what they grew up with & dont know any better.
All you can do is hope to open the eyes of those who have closed themselves off to the rest of the world.

Dave.
GAS455

Post by GAS455 »

Should have come upto the Lady Luck festival...

One of the most family orientated weekends I have been to in a long time.
Full of Tatts, rockabilly bands...greasers..... and plenty of peircings.
We will be back again next year.

Tug has always been a great relaxed day when I have been there.
We were at Summernats this year.... went in the morning....left by about 4pm as our feet were killing from walking around all day.
We had no dramas...with all our wives and G/F's.
We hit the pubs in the evenings and had our own fun.
1960 Pontiac 474 11.7@114
1967 Pontiac GTO
1957 Pontiac Super Chief
1952 Pontiac Chieftian
1960 Cadillac Coupe Deville
Thommo

Post by Thommo »

Nicely played guys 8) :wink: :D
minifb

Post by minifb »

Trev wrote:
Stygian wrote: The tattooed and toothless knuckledraggers were out in force
This EK was owned by “bexterity”:
You called :shock: :lol: .

Did you mean "was" or is "still" bex's EK?
And whats wrong with Tattoo's???????????????????? Yes it still is owned by Bex.. Its an awesome sedan...
FB/EKForum member 123
ImageWoofto Car Club Member No4

IF ITS NOT CHOPPED IT MAY ASWELL BE RESTORED

Member FB-EK Holden Car Club of NSW Inc.
Stygian

Post by Stygian »

I was happy just to leave it as being not my scene, but I guess I have to give some reasons as to why I viewed the Tug crowd with such disdain.

Call me narrow minded and judgmental, but I don't like being sized up, especially when I have a 15 month old child with me. As I was just quietly minding my own business, the only reason why I can think of for this kind of behaviour is that I didn't look like them.

I also don't like being scowled at for taking photos of cars at car shows. You take a car to a car show to show your car, don't you? I wanted to take some photos of the GT Falcons, but the "who the f*^k are you?" looks from their club members convinced me otherwise. I also got the "what the f*%k are you doing?" looks when I took the photo of the "bexterity" EK.

And I particularly despise having bikies revving their engines in an attempt to intimidate me because I, and some other mums and dads walking with kids, stopped them from making a clean entry into the park for a few seconds because we had to use the only access road in to leave.

Like I said, I know a rough bunch of people when I see them. I'm only going on the experience of this particular event, but if this is the kind of behaviour that you guys condone, admire, respect and enjoy, the hot rod scene is all yours.

We missed you at tonight's meeting Mark.
my70wg

Post by my70wg »

well...maby its just the look you give off.....everytime (well, except this time) iv gone iv always taken photos, never had a problem....maby they just dont like the look of someone with there nose that far pointed up in the air they cant see were they are walking...

aidan...
i'll get there....
FBeing

Post by FBeing »

my70wg wrote:....maby they just dont like the look of someone with there nose that far pointed up in the air they cant see were they are walking...

aidan...
Maybe. But I doubt it. Andrew is a friend of mine and I know he doesn't walk around with his nose in the air.
He's stated his reasons for his comments. We've stated ours. End of story

Going back to the pics -
Does anyone think that original 55 Chev has original plates?
GAS455

Post by GAS455 »

FBeing wrote: End of story

Going back to the pics -
Does anyone think that original 55 Chev has original plates?
It looks so much like a car that lives up at Castle Hill.
I have seen an older guy and his wife towing a box trailer around...using it like their everyday car.
Looks as though they have owned it for a million years.

Can't be sure if it is the same car though. I don't remember the plates.

The plates on that car look like they could be the originals...
1960 Pontiac 474 11.7@114
1967 Pontiac GTO
1957 Pontiac Super Chief
1952 Pontiac Chieftian
1960 Cadillac Coupe Deville