tug in the park

Club Runs, meetings and other news for fans of FBs & EKs in N.S.W.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky, NSW Mod

my70wg
State: NOT ENTERED

tug in the park

Post by my70wg »

on again, 6th of febuary, be there or be square :D
stanwell park

aidan...
i'll get there....
my70wg

Re: tug in the park

Post by my70wg »

just giving this a bump...

on this sunday...well worth the trip :)

aidan...
i'll get there....
hewey

Post by hewey »

Great weather to hang out at the beach :mrgreen: Tug is great show, not happy I cant make it but my nan's 90th kinda pulls rank. :wink:
Cal

Post by Cal »

I'm hoping to make it down there...

Still can't get over the name for the show though :? :oops:
my70wg

Post by my70wg »

i'll be there in a blue and white hk premiar, parked with a green and white kombi...and a little corolla....if yous turn up feel free to come and say hi

aidan...
i'll get there....
hewey

Post by hewey »

Cal wrote: Still can't get over the name for the show though :? :oops:
The tradition of this run each year is that some of the local rod clubs have a tug of war, with the winner getting bragging rights till the next year. And its held at Stanwell Park. Hence tug in the park :wink: :mrgreen:
Stygian
State: NSW

Post by Stygian »

I got there today around 11am with my little bloke. Was keeping an eye out for Aidan and his crew but didn’t see them (maybe they saw me :lol: ). The tattooed and toothless knuckledraggers were out in force – it looked like Long Bay Gaol was conducting a day release program. So I wasn’t there for long but some cars caught my eye. Apologies in advance for iPhone quality pics.

This EK panel van was nice but had a touch too much bling IMHO:

This EK was owned by “bexterity”:

Something different. A supercharged Austin Healey. I wouldn’t be surprised if this car has embarrassed a few V8s…

I loved this truck:

Triples and frogmouths. Very 8)

Nice woodie:

This looked very 8)

This 55 Chev looked like an original GMH delivery:

A nicely restored 57…

…with a very tidy engine bay…

A clean early Chev:

This original EJ was getting a fair bit of attention…it’s funny how that happens for some restored/original cars at hot rod shows:

Finally, a nicely restored Monaro:
Trev

Post by Trev »

Stygian wrote: The tattooed and toothless knuckledraggers were out in force
This EK was owned by “bexterity”:
You called :shock: :lol: .

Did you mean "was" or is "still" bex's EK?
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
Stygian

Post by Stygian »

Trev, it was parked next to a store run by someone called "bexterity". The store staff were chicks covered with these huge, long arm tats. After I took the shot they were all giving me this "What the f&*k are you doing?" look. Does this ring any bells?
I've been going to hot rod shows for years but seriously this one takes the cake for the sheer number of feral people... seems to be even more of them as time goes on... even Henry didn't want to get out of his pram, which is unusual when he's in a park!!! :shock: Maybe I'm just too old, square and conformist...
STANLEY

Post by STANLEY »

Tattooed & toothless knuckle draggers???
Bit harsh, do you actually know any of them or just passing social commentary on people you dont know???

Tug is always a good day no matter who who goes, whether they be uptight wankers or 'tattooed & toothless knuckle draggers'.
Plenty of variety & a good mix of cars you really dont see at alot of other shows.
Stygian

Post by Stygian »

Hey Stanley, sorry it's probably just middle class, whitebread me with the usual stereotypical opinions, but the crowd seemed to be a really rough bunch. I didn't want to hang around for long. Then the bikies turned up as I was leaving...
Some years ago it was the Summernats that was feral and the hot rod shows more family friendly... I don't know but it's probably just not my scene...
STANLEY

Post by STANLEY »

Pays to be a little less judgemental sometimes.
You never who you maybe offending or what type of person someone is till you meet them.

Alot of those 'lower class' people usually build most of the top class cars around.

Tug has always been a good family day in the past, the kids usually disappear to the beach & leave the adults to do the social thing around the cars.
I have noticed alot of the tattooed people now days are these rockabilly types (mostly ex skateboarders???) who have discovered another scene.
Nothing too bad about a flock of sheep is there???
FBeing

Post by FBeing »

Good pics, thanks Andrew

Talking about feral, I remember standing on Northbourne Ave at a Summernats ('91 I think?) and seeing a massive crowd rioting. I saw 4 cars in a row come through the intersection all with their rear windscreens smashed. Then the traffic light was pushed over. Pretty sure that was the last of the Super Cruise. Lots of meathead booze and drug fueled petrol heads going stupid.

Not a good look.
But having said that not everyone who was at Summernats that year did that crap.
It certainly did tarnish my visit and I've never been back since.

Sometimes it's hard not to be stereo typical. But I'm sure a lot of the tattooed guys aren't such bad people. They just might look scary. (I've got several tatts myself)

I think I've just rambled! I've had a few...

That 55 Chev is cool. Would that number plate be original? It's prett early issue
STANLEY

Post by STANLEY »

I think the big problem at the summernats was mostly from tools who didnt even have a car entered.
The yr. the light post went down I drove through Canberra to get to a Nostalgia drag meeting in Vic. the same weekend.
I had some dickhead jump in front of me (I was driving a 6cyl. auto a/c equipped HG Premier) & was carrying on about doing a burn out.
I chased him up onto the medium strip for a bit (missed unfortunately) & then left town before all sorts of crap happened.
Next day on the morning news was 'Riots in Canberra' all over the screen. Many inside the complex didnt even know what happened till the next day.

I cant see why people feel threatened by someone with tattoo's, they are not going to make anyone tougher because they have them.
Sometimes the attitude may change but not when they are put on the spot.
There are plenty of weedy, drug $*#@ people (junkies, muso's, etc.) who all have them too.
my70wg

Post by my70wg »

we had actually been and gone by that time, we were gonna stay all day, i had payed and gone in,i was parked were that so-cal woddie you have a photo of was parked....

but i left, my mate tried to come in in his corolla, but the dude told him he couldnt enter, which i understand...his words were "its a peice of shit"....i kinda agreed with him, but the fact is, my mate was gonna pay the $20 to get in regardless, he said its not for this type of show....which i understand....but i think his whole argument went out the window because he had a lready let in a rodeo mini-truck...and his excuse for that was "he's put some effort into it"

he said to my mate "it looks like you just got it out of someones garage and drove it"....
he was just trying to be a cock....

but there was alot of cars there this year, and alot of good ones...i'll still be goin next year....even if its just for the cruise out there

aidan...
i'll get there....