ratbox EK

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

mrs ratbox

ratbox EK

Post by mrs ratbox »

some photos, earlier photos in got something to say, under topic buy a fire extinguisher
after painted
the paint is suede(flat) light blue with a white with blue metalflake roof, door handles and all bonnet and bootlid badges and locks shaved, channelled hr front end and hr rear end with flipped leaf springs and lowering blocks hot red motor and 5 speed with custom gearshift
yeprat1
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by yeprat1 »

hey dude cool car what sizeare the wheels and u must have bloody long arms to change gears
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

Nice rig Ratbox , what have you done about opening the doors- solenoids and poppers or is there a hidden button somewhere ?
Do you have any details on the channeled crossmember ?
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
mrs ratbox

Post by mrs ratbox »

the doors open with a door lock button on the outside of door inline with the inside door lock buttons, the cross member isn't actually chanelled just where it bolts to the subframe on each side we cut the section of the cross member where the bolts go and remounted it lower but you have to put holes in the inner guards for the top of the shocks to poke through. i'll try to get some photos to help describe
and yeprat the wheels are stock standard 13" wheels
SRVLIVES

Post by SRVLIVES »

ratbox wrote:the doors open with a door lock button on the outside of door inline with the inside door lock buttons,
I'd love some how to on doing this?
the cross member isn't actually chanelled just where it bolts to the subframe on each side we cut the section of the cross member where the bolts go and remounted it lower but you have to put holes in the inner guards for the top of the shocks to poke through. i'll try to get some photos to help describe
That's quite possibly what has been done to my FC, explains the holes for the shocks in the engine bay......
TAYZ 58

Post by TAYZ 58 »

Rat man,
Yr EK is GOLDDDD!!!!! Im currently building my FC for a early 60's period look and am shortly going to put a swan type shifter on my trimatic just above dash height. Anyhow yr look is all the go and Im proud to see it good on you mater cheers

tays
mrs ratbox

Post by mrs ratbox »

in the first photo the area circled in green is where the door handle button pushes to open the door. if you have a door lock mechanism out and you push this you will see the area in red go down, you have to put a bit of weld on top of this section as the mechanism is hardened and you can't drill it, then drill a small hole in the welded area and use a lock rod but you have to change the bend a bit, drill a hole in the door screw a knob on and it's done, i can describe better if you send me a pm and i'll give you a phone number to ring me.
the last photo shows the area that we lowered to (chanel) the front end we cut this section off the front end cut some out, about 1 1/2" then rewelded it back on
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

did you lower the engine by the same amout or have you left that part alone ?
Regards,

Sammy.

http://www.oldholdens.com
mrs ratbox

Post by mrs ratbox »

don't realy know we did the front end put it in the car then did the engine mounts and gearbox mount, the sump is about 1" off the cross member
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

fair enough :)
Regards,

Sammy.

http://www.oldholdens.com
fb cruzn

Post by fb cruzn »

cool ratbox, now iv finally seen ya ek! my mates keep tellin me ''i seen one of them old cars like yours'' but im yet to spot ya around.

westy
oldnek

Post by oldnek »

Hey Ratbox nice touch on the door buttons and cool wheels, must have had the same idea as I had.
Pretty neat and luv that gearshifter, just be carefull of that blood loss when your race shiftin, LOL

Regards John
mrs ratbox

Post by mrs ratbox »

bump i don't know how the van pics got there