Should I run a camshaft from the 1955 Crowfoot Holden?

Includes fuel system, cooling system and exhaust.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Thommo
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: Should I run a camshaft from the 1955 Crowfoot Holden?

Post by Thommo »

Stygian wrote: GreyFC, here is a video of Jeff (Thommo) taking myself, Stewart (parisian62) and Rob (fbcrusin) for a spin around Narrandera in his hot grey powered FB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI9-rfC38Pk
Bloody squeeeeeeeky clutch pedal :oops: :lol:
GreyEJ
State: VIC

Post by GreyEJ »

Stygian wrote: GreyFC, here is a video of Jeff (Thommo) taking myself, Stewart (parisian62) and Rob (fbcrusin) for a spin around Narrandera in his hot grey powered FB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI9-rfC38Pk
Thanks for these videos. Makes me want to put more money into the EJ and relive what it was like for my dad we he had a hot Grey. Its sounds great. I think I have most if not all the parts now to get a place where I can store all my cars and have room to work on them. I think the Mazda project is gonna go on the back burner.
parisian62
State: NSW

Post by parisian62 »

Bloody squeeeeeeeky clutch pedal
'bout time you got that fixed...been squeaking like that since Forbes... :shock: :wink: :lol:

thanks for posting up Andrew. 8)
Feelin free in a '61 FB.
Member of FB-EK Holden Car Club Of NSW Inc.
Check out the Rebuild of Old Timer
Mick

Post by Mick »

parisian62 wrote:
Bloody squeeeeeeeky clutch pedal
'bout time you got that fixed...been squeaking like that since Forbes... :shock: :wink: :lol:
i was thinking the same thing was wondering wether it was the same vid or different

and so as not to mess up stewarts thread stygian, if you are thinking i'm stanley i'm not i do know him but they're his posts
as for me being a "grey critic" i've pointed out there short comings when people have asked, i've never told somebody that wants to use a grey not to and my only problem with them is they don't suit my driving style
everything else is in yor mind :?
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
STANLEY

Post by STANLEY »

I am me, not Michael.
My spelling & grammar are better.

I like grey's because they are a nice cruisy old engine.
Never going to be fast no matter what you do to them but nice all the same.
Trying make one fast is pointless, making it sound cammy is fine but do not kid yourself it is going to go much better than a stock red.
A mild red would whoop its arse.

A mate's son has a red powered EJ that run's high 10sec. 1/4 mile times, its reliable & was driven from Sydney to Brisbane.
Get a grey to run within 3 sec's of that & do the same trip I might change my mind.
GreyEJ

Post by GreyEJ »

STANLEY wrote: A mate's son has a red powered EJ that run's high 10sec. 1/4 mile times, its reliable & was driven from Sydney to Brisbane.
Get a grey to run within 3 sec's of that & do the same trip I might change my mind.
A reliable 10 second car? Really?
STANLEY

Post by STANLEY »

There are plenty around these days.
Stygian

Post by Stygian »

I do not recollect actually saying that Stanley was you ratbox. That's all in your head :?

Besides, the difference in written expression is quite noticeable, as Stanley alludes to.

Stanley, if you read some of my earlier posts in this thread, you will see that I said a stock reconditioned 186 will have no problems keeping up with a hot grey. For me it's about fun and nostalgia, not outright performance. A stock red motor isn't much fun. Would be like driving grandma's Kingswood.

On the other hand, a clapped out red motor will not have a hope in hell keeping up with a reconditioned hot grey.

Understand that I am under no illusions about the performance of a grey motor, even one that is hotted up. If performance was my main priority, I would not even bother with FBs or EKs. I woudn't even bother with a red motor. I owned a Mustang once and I could easily go out and buy a Clubsport R8 or similar if I wanted to. But I don't. I want a nostalgia hot grey powered EK and that's what I am getting. Having some bits and pieces from an historic racing car just adds to the nostalgia for me.

But you never know, I could do a hot nostalgia red motor one day (I think the X2 setup on a red looks cool).

In any case, that's pretty much it as far as I am concerned.
GreyEJ

Post by GreyEJ »

I'll take a hot grey over a hot red any day.

Same as my Mazda sure a 13bt will be quicker then a nice ported one but it sure wont sound as good.
Stygian

Post by Stygian »

GreyFc wrote:Same as my Mazda sure a 13bt will be quicker then a nice ported one but it sure wont sound as good.
My brother had a genuine RX3 sedan with a Garrett turboed 12A with Microtech injection and intercooler. God it was quick. Would eat V8s for breakfast. We upset plenty of bogans :lol: :lol: :lol: Wishes he still had it now.

Anyway GreyFC, hot up your grey motor and post it up on the forum. :D
STANLEY

Post by STANLEY »

GreyFC, no rotary engine sounds good.
They may go fast & they seem to getting reliable too nowdays but they all sound like shit.

Stygian, I used to do the opposite with rotors. I would go hunting them in Chev's & Pontiac's because surely some big arsed heap of shit could never beat the noisy little whiz banger. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Cant wait to do it again shortly. :D
Stygian

Post by Stygian »

You crack me up Stanley :lol:
GreyEJ

Post by GreyEJ »

I appreciate all engines and there note.

But I do have a soft spot for the grey. Gonna start harassing the old man to get some of the good stuff out of storage. I believe the cam we have is a wade 440
Mick

Post by Mick »

like i tried to do already but stygian wants to keep trying to mess up someone elses thread here's yor answers
stygian wrote:
harry186 wrote: stygian yor a goose get yor facts right before mouthing off
I do not recollect mentioning you at all RB. Don't be so paranoid. Take a bex and have a good lay down :)
no you didn't actually mention me by name but it doesn't take Einstien to figure out who yor refering to :roll:
stygian wrote: Sorry Stew :oops: But i guess you could be like the grey motor critics and put in a $50 Ebay red motor with buggered bores in it...
pretty much something i said so could you please tell me who else you could be refering to :?
stygian wrote: I do not recollect actually saying that Stanley was you ratbox. That's all in your head :?
no you didn't i was just clearing that up as you are the one that has things running off on there own in there head :roll: like the fact you think i have something against grey motors just because i wouldn't own one

as i've said before don't mention me, refer to me, quote me, use something that i've said in one of yor remarks. And i'll extend you the same courtesy and things will be fine as they have been untill now
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Stygian

Post by Stygian »

harry186 wrote:
stygian wrote: Sorry Stew :oops: But i guess you could be like the grey motor critics and put in a $50 Ebay red motor with buggered bores in it...
pretty much something i said so could you please tell me who else you could be refering to :?
:lol: :lol: :lol: You mean you actually said this somewhere? Sorry, but that is too funny :lol: :lol: :lol: But hey, if $50 buggered Ebay red motors are your thing, that's fine. I would take a rebuilt hotted up grey over a clagged out red any day of the week...

I am more than happy to ignore you ratbox. In fact, I ignored you completely until you posted up your paranoid "It was Stanley not me" post in my thread (like as if I couldn't tell :roll: :roll: ). So how about you follow some of your own gratuitous advice.

Now, if you don't mind...