Sunnytim's Cameo Beige EK 215

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

space ace
State: NSW

Re: Sunnytim's Cameo Beige 215

Post by space ace »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Scotty but true also :!: This may wake Brian Westlake from his slumber :lol:
Pete
Woofto Car Club Member No 1
FB EK Forum Member No: 249
EKfanPaul
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by EKfanPaul »

Sunnytim,
i got that ad out of a 1961 Royal Auto magazine. Victorian autoclub members magazine.
i've seen a few EK's over the years with H medalions on. Anything to be different, i suppose.
Cheers
paul
Cal

Post by Cal »

Tim, only if you've got one available, can you post up a photo of the interor that has a shot of the steeering wheel in it?

I'm thinking of doing mine white.................just curious what it would look like with the cameo dash. Thanks :mrgreen:
Woody01
State: WA

Post by Woody01 »

Nice looking car 8)
Woody - UMX-282
FB EK Club WA
Foundation Member # 138
Trev

Post by Trev »

Real nice :thumbsup: .
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
Brian Westlake

Post by Brian Westlake »

Thats a truly great EK and worth its salt!
Tony.
MeFB

Post by MeFB »

It's an absolute gem that car. I love the fact that it's a 215 dressed-up to the nines. I also love the fact that it's had so much use. Good man Tim :thumbsup:
Alan
Member No.1 of the FB EK Holden Car Club of WA (Woo-hoo :D sweet!)
rustysdungers

Post by rustysdungers »

[quote="Stygian"]:shock: That's more NASCO than Russell Cooper can poke a stick at :wink: :lol:

Don't bet on it !!!got my first nasco items when I was about thirteen ask Brian westlake they were his when he through them out at the tip I put them in my pocket the first nasco option I ever got and still have them .you can never have enough :lol: :lol:
Where were you in '62???
Brian Westlake

Post by Brian Westlake »

I was finished with old Holdens for good and I threw a quite good Warmaride heater and some FB H Medallions into the rubbish at Blaxland Tip in the early 80s. RustysDungers was so horrified he dived into the rubbish like a dolphin and recovered them. I think he was about 12 years old. His old man wouldn't let him take the heater home and I think Rusty nearly had tears in his eyes! Fast forward 30 years and now he's selling me FB/EK parts and really looking after me, though I don't deserve it! There is a certain irony in this!
I left an Opal Green EK Wagon body in a guys yard in about 1982. I was meant to take it away but I just took some parts off and left it there. When he saw me in town one day, he wasn't happy that I hadn't taken the whole car away. The stainless fuel filler surround from that car is the one on Rustys Parisian Lilac car that he has to this day. I have been distracted by Tank Fairlanes for 30 years (Still am!) but it's great to have a Holden Hottie again.
Tony.
rustysdungers

Post by rustysdungers »

I had a hr at this time like to for get that.sold it and got 2Ek's from springwood one was a all white special the other a shallimar blue one got pics here some where Tony had to help my old man take them to Katoomba to my uncles place a few years later I had about ten in his yard oops not happy Jann :evilll: :evilll:
Where were you in '62???
Brian Westlake

Post by Brian Westlake »

Getting back to Tims car, I can't recall seeing any Standards with any sort of side flash. They were always on Specials and I can recall a few on wagons, and maybe one on a ute. The fact that Savell Bros. did this car and seemed to offer it as a package makes it all the more interesting. The all white EK Special that Rusty got was owned by a old grey haired guy with a red face and a moustache. It had black and white plates (Personalised) S H and a low number. I think when Rusty bought it, it had been pranged. I can't recall the Shalimar Blue car but I'm sure Rusty is correct. I remember when I used to go to Swaps up here in the early 90s, I would see Tim, Ben and Micheal Hall leaving just as I was getting there, with all the good gear that I may have seen if I had got up early, and more often than not, they were in Tims Pink Standard or his FJ or Bens Castille Green Special with that flash looking side trim. All these cars are quite familiar on Brizzy roads.
Tony.
Brian Westlake

Post by Brian Westlake »

looks like Coffee at Theos. EK 215 stands proud amongst Porsches and Maseratis etc.
A legendary Holden in my view and great hair also.
Tony Noverriders.
steved57

Post by steved57 »

True, the car still looks great - but does the hair? :errr:
Mick Jagger

Post by Mick Jagger »

i hope you kept the jean jacket Tim
kmawic
thropzed

Post by thropzed »

The wheel trims are different Tim. Just saying.
Cheers Theo Z...........
Watch for the early bird, He might be just getting home.

FB/EK Car Club of QLD.