RED MOTOR IN2 A FB

Includes clutch, transmission, propeller shaft,
universal joints, differential and rear axle.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

willie
State: NOT ENTERED

RED MOTOR IN2 A FB

Post by willie »

HEY DOES ANYONE NO IF U NEED A ENGINERS CERTIFATE IN WESTERN AUSTRALIA 2 PUT A HOLDEN RED 6 WITH A CELICA 5 SPD IN A FB IF U DO DOES ANY1 NO OF A GOOD ENGINER THANKS :oops:
(AUST)Mod
State: WA

Re: RED MOTOR IN2 A FB

Post by (AUST)Mod »

My FB was licensed in 2006 with a 186 and powerglide without any engineers certificate.
Craig wrote: Andrew you have a red so I wouldn't race it :wink:

Brodie

Post by Brodie »

Yep, few decent engineers about.. you north or south of the river willie?
[img]http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww162/brodie_mitchell/av-49951.gif[/img]
vintageholden

Post by vintageholden »

does it need to go over the pits ???????
i have an eh ute with 202 unlic
got it lic ages ago didnt nead a cert
make out it was allrready in there...
Brodie

Post by Brodie »

Was yours previously registered with the 202 though VH?

And it doesnt matter if it was already there or not. My sister just bought a HD (202, trimatic) from NSW, being interstate had to take it over the pits, although it was registered in NSW it wasnt engineered, so now its gotta be engineered :x
[img]http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww162/brodie_mitchell/av-49951.gif[/img]
willie

Post by willie »

Brodie wrote:Yep, few decent engineers about.. you north or south of the river willie?
yeah live at the arsehole part of wa KALGOORLIE MATEY :lol:
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Go and talk to Carl at Boulder Trading post about whether you need a certificate or not - he is pretty easy to deal with.
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
willie

Post by willie »

Blacky wrote:Go and talk to Carl at Boulder Trading post about whether you need a certificate or not - he is pretty easy to deal with.
thanks matey will do om not a local so wheres the trading post in boulder cheers matey
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Corner of Boulder Rd and Piesse St in Boulder
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
willie

Post by willie »

Blacky wrote:Corner of Boulder Rd and Piesse St in Boulder
thanks blacky spoke 2 carl 2day was very imformative have 2 fill in forms with the department of infastructre 2 get permisson 2 modify car i down loaded forms have 2 fill out with all intendeded mods that i want 2 do etc and wait 2 c if i get there approval b4 i start thanks again blacky better 2 get the ok first or could b wasting my time and money :P :D :D
Brodie

Post by Brodie »

Unless your doing something left of centre you'll be fine. Shouldnt need to hold off what your doing if its just a normal red/5speed conversion.

Usually just a couple weeks wait but can be up to a month. I'm 3/4 of the way through my conversion and i havnt handed in my application yet :roll:
willie

Post by willie »

Brodie wrote:Unless your doing something left of centre you'll be fine. Shouldnt need to hold off what your doing if its just a normal red/5speed conversion.

Usually just a couple weeks wait but can be up to a month. I'm 3/4 of the way through my conversion and i havnt handed in my application yet :roll:
na im along way from getin on the road just started stripping and getin everything i need got 85% of it just got 2 get my hr front end modified and doin the same rear end as nomad so gota get that done and some bad rust in the rear fixed i will b running a supercharger on a wild 179 stroked motor will b putting up photos in a week or 2
Brodie

Post by Brodie »

Righto, bring on them pics..