TH700 conversion help

Includes clutch, transmission, propeller shaft,
universal joints, differential and rear axle.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Harko
State: NOT ENTERED

TH700 conversion help

Post by Harko »

This will no doubt help us out now and into the future...

I bet your cursing right now Fatboy , I found the mag and bought a scanner :) sorry I couldnt help at that time.

Easily distracted angle manipulator extrordinaire.
FATBOY

Re: TH700 conversion help

Post by FATBOY »

Harko the guy that did that conversion is a mate of mine have the mag and also have the pages scanned by devilrod on my computer
regards fat
Thommo

Post by Thommo »

Great article Harko 8)
Thanks for making it avaliable to everyone :wink:

I fixed the pics, (thanks DR)
and made them as large as the forum would allow.
Also gave it sticky status.

To make it clearer use the 'Change Font Size'
button above your log in/out over on the right side.

Cheers
Jeff
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

8) 8) Cool sticky Harko :wink: :D
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
(AUST)Mod
State: WA

Post by (AUST)Mod »

Strong post. I like it a lot!
Craig wrote: Andrew you have a red so I wouldn't race it :wink:

neatride

Post by neatride »

Has anyone here on the forum done this conversion and if so could they please tell me the thickness of the adapter plate and any hidden dramas they came across, cheers. :) 8)
Yes dear, just like you said. Theese are the words of an understanding marrige.
FATBOY

Post by FATBOY »

Yep did it last year mini is driving around in the wagon at the moment .Plate was about 22 to 25 thick from memory hardest part was getting the kickdown TV cable to work but i have a diagram that shows you how to set this up regards fatboy
NoMAD
State: WA

Post by NoMAD »

FATBOY wrote:Yep did it last year mini is driving around in the wagon at the moment .Plate was about 22 to 25 thick from memory hardest part was getting the kickdown TV cable to work but i have a diagram that shows you how to set this up regards fatboy
Hey FATBOY, can i grab that diagram off you?

Cheers
Nathan
FB/EK Holden Car Club of W.A. Inc
Foundation Member
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

Better still post it up here. I'm sure more will need it eventually.
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
neatride

Post by neatride »

Thanks folks, I saw this adapterplate from dellow on ebay, heres a link. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/260810601958 ... 1423.l2649
I rang another mob and am going t700 v8 trans to inline red six to make it easier when I upgrade to my small block, cheers, Nick. :) 8)
Yes dear, just like you said. Theese are the words of an understanding marrige.
minifb

Post by minifb »

FATBOY wrote:Yep did it last year mini is driving around in the wagon at the moment .Plate was about 22 to 25 thick from memory hardest part was getting the kickdown TV cable to work but i have a diagram that shows you how to set this up regards fatboy
is it a four speed auto??i thought it was a powerglide.. lol hehe
FB/EKForum member 123
ImageWoofto Car Club Member No4

IF ITS NOT CHOPPED IT MAY ASWELL BE RESTORED

Member FB-EK Holden Car Club of NSW Inc.
Squirralien

Post by Squirralien »

I would be interested in a copy of the diagram if its available or a link to it if it has been placed on the forum anywhere,,, thanks,
Thanks
Steven

Check out my daughters Website and read her story, Take away from it what you do and pass it on to friends and family to read, Awareness is the purpose, Know your rights in hospital and Know and learn the condition

www.melissas.net
Squirralien

Post by Squirralien »

I see this TH700 fitment is to an XU-1 spec 186, does anyone know if he used a hi stall converter or the standard converter, it doesn't mention that in the article,
Also is it the flywheel from the 186 thats used, Thats how I interpreted the part talking about it,,
and is the HQ Trimatic drive shaft a good fit for the FB/EK change or still needs cutting,
I am wondering if the TH700 is the way for me to go with the FB or to stick to a trimatic,,
I just can't stand having all these options,,,,,its torture
Thanks
Steven

Check out my daughters Website and read her story, Take away from it what you do and pass it on to friends and family to read, Awareness is the purpose, Know your rights in hospital and Know and learn the condition

www.melissas.net
dave a

Post by dave a »

i am really interested in this conversion in the future. i have just started using my EK as a daily driver. its good around the town but it would rev its tits off on the open road. that diagram for the cable kick down, does anybody know where i can see it. i run a 186 trimatic with a cable kick down (not conected) at the moment so it might help me work out how to get mine working. being an HG box its designed to run of the accelerator linkage. but i run a cable linkage so its got nothing to run of :thumbsdown: it sort of changes when it wants to. still rather drive this than any new car :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Squirralien

Post by Squirralien »

I have decided to stick to the trimatic after ringing and talking to the guys that did this conversion, although its a great conversion it is very involved and needs more money thrown at it than it would appear and the flywheel was original for the motor but the XU-1 spec motor went better with this trans with a closer to standard cam (a towing cam) as he suggested, My budget is very tight so I have stuck with the trimatic, I got one I drove and it drove well but got told the clutch packs were falling apart and it needed to be rebuilt so the trans place locally rebuilt it to heavy duty specs for $850 including a change over torque converter with apparently about a 16 to 1800 hi stall,
Fingers crossed it will all be good, but I would have liked the TH700, but KISS Keep it simple stupid is the plan I'm following
Thanks
Steven

www.melissas.net