Prototype 2 at Hanging rock.

Got something else that you want to show off that's not an FB or EK? Try this section.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

J
State: WA

Post by J »

Well thats the first iv heard of someone copping shit for posting pictures, the other ones could have been deleted because he didnt wanna deal with all the haters and non-believers.

Now he posts up pictures of the car at a show, where people have seen the car in person and have been shown paperwork aaaaand he still gets crap for it.

WHY should he have to go to the effort of posting records of this fx, even if he does people will just claim they are fakes anyway.

I dont car if its number 2 or number 871, its a nice, old original car which he would like to share with other people, just like we do. Many people off this forum have posted pictures of their car on other forums. So why isnt this guy allowed to?

Then again, why would he go to this much effort if he was a fake. Hell, I wouldnt go around claiming my EK was number one, simply cos itd be a pain in the ass lying to everyone and creating fake documents to prove it. Doesnt look like he's selling it? So wheres the reason to lie?
J
State: WA

Post by J »

this thread should be locked.
JP-481
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by JP-481 »

:D
Last edited by JP-481 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
FB wannabe

Post by FB wannabe »

[quote="J"] Many people off this forum have posted pictures of their car on other forums. So why isnt this guy allowed to?

I myslef have been thinking about this the last couple of days because of comments that have been written on this thread about other cars and what a waste of time it is to post up other cars and others on here. I have had to have a real hard look at what I do because I feel I am one of the worst offenders for posting up cars that most people on here have no interest in.

I think the main difference is that This guy has come out from no where and talked up his car, he doesn't own a fb / ek and he spent no time on here making friends or talking to people first. It would be like me joining the fx - fj forum (I assume there is one? :lol: ) and my very first post being "Hey check out my Cortinas!" why would I do that? I only do it here because I have been on here so long that most people here feel like family and I'm close to, and you always want to show off a new car to those close to you no matter how crappy it is! :lol:. I'm always interested to hear about someone's else's new car (as long as it's "of age") that I know and I like to think it's the same for me, hence why I bother going to the trouble of posting pics etc of my Corty's.
You won't be late with a 138!
1954_fjvan

Number 2

Post by 1954_fjvan »

I for one am glad this can finally be put to rest.

There is no doubt that the discovery of number 2 in such original unmolested condition it great for everyone in the Old Holden Community.

I am so glad that you're not storing it away in some hidden shed somewhere, but are putting it on display for everyone to see.

Unfortunately I was unable to get to Hanging Rock for the first time in 10 plus years, and missed it being on display, but I tell you now when it is put on display in Echuca, I for one will be going up and having a look at this old girl.

Number one is definately historically significant, but being part prototype and mostly FX (due to most of its parts being destroyed in a fire), will never be as original as number 2 in my opinion.

Congratulations on a great find, and I hope to see it soon.

1954_fjvan
JP-481

Post by JP-481 »

Last edited by JP-481 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
FB MAD

Post by FB MAD »

Thanks for explaining things now JP.

Ok, I'll put my hand up first,

I must admit that I was one of the ones posting comments that casted doubt, and I guess it was based on the photos "disappearing" for unknown reason.The photos you took off weren't offensive so not sure why the need to remove them??. To me everything about the appearance and then disappearence of the car seemed to be somewhat strange, this tends to then make you think that something is not right here......... does this make sense??

I guess I thought that the photo's disappearance and the car also disappearing "into storage" sowed the seeds of doubt in my mind also and probably contributed to similar thoughts from others?.

So apologies from me if remarks I made were taken as offensive to you.
I've eaten humble pie before and after a while you get used to the taste :oops: :oops: :oops: .

I'd still be interested in seeing the documentation you spoke of, obviously with any personal identity details of yours removed.
I can't think what to write here so this will do.
JP-481

Post by JP-481 »

Last edited by JP-481 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

Like any old holden it would look heaps better dropped 4 or more inches... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :roll:
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
hoary morrie

Post by hoary morrie »

Great to see the pictures again of this historic car, thanks!

Also SunnTim, are you able to provide more details about the your early FX, eg chassis number, engine number etc.

It's great these discoveries!
JP-481

Post by JP-481 »

Last edited by JP-481 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
EKjimmy

Post by EKjimmy »

Hey JP 481.....

U gonna chop it? :twisted:
'The best engine in the world is a vagina. It can be started with only one finger. It is self-lubricating. It takes any size piston. And it changes it's own oil every four weeks. It is a pity that the management system is so f*$king temperamental.'
hoary morrie

Post by hoary morrie »

I think we're all a little confused. I was enquiring about the Black FX which SunnyTim posted pictures of some time ago, regarding the chassis number etc.

PS Love your find JP481
JP-481

Post by JP-481 »

Last edited by JP-481 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
EKjimmy

Post by EKjimmy »

okay. i suppose a v8 and tubs is outta the question too? :lol:
Nice car. i don't give a rats arse if its the real deal, it's just good to look at
'The best engine in the world is a vagina. It can be started with only one finger. It is self-lubricating. It takes any size piston. And it changes it's own oil every four weeks. It is a pity that the management system is so f*$king temperamental.'