Wheel size

If it doesn't fit below then post here and see if another FB EK fanatic can help you out.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

FbSTDwagon
State: SA

Re: Wheel size

Post by FbSTDwagon »

[/quote]

I doubt you will get a 14 x 8 under the bum , a 7 is about it. I have 14 x 6 on my ute - I think . I can measure them if you want ??
[/quote]

Blacky if it is not too much trouble that would be Awsome.

You haven’t got rolled guards?
I’m not rolling mine.
Drew
briby
State: VIC

Post by briby »

In this photo, is where mine needs to sit, 17x8 with 225/50s, 1" lower scraping issues, not the arch but the inner guard, have about a pencil width to the body. Was meant to be pumped out a little while getting repainted, mother f@#$ didn't do it for some reason, would have gone for 235, only one size but hey, you can never have enough rubber.
You can go 7 or 8" 225 will fit both or 215 & will be able to sit lower. Won't go into off sets cause it has a shortened VN rear end.
Cheers
Briby
Attachments
FB wheels.JPG
FB wheels.JPG (31.67 KiB) Viewed 657 times
A place for everything and everything in it's place, just can't remember where that place is.
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Only way you can tell they have been rolled is by feeling. You can’t see it unless you lie next to the wheel and look up. If you won’t roll them then best stick with 6” all round or standard suspension height.

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

You will get an 8” 17” wheel underneath but not an 8” 14” wheel , it’s not the rim that’s the problem it’s the The sidewall moving around that causes the rubbing
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Blacky wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:19 am You will get an 8” 17” wheel underneath but not an 8” 14” wheel , it’s not the rim that’s the problem it’s the The sidewall moving around that causes the rubbing
I had 8x14" under the ute. They didn't rub (very much). 225/60 tyres and carefully chosen offset and they wont rub at all. Getting the offset exactly right is the hard part.
EK van on rotisserie
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Errol62 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:16 am
Blacky wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:19 am You will get an 8” 17” wheel underneath but not an 8” 14” wheel , it’s not the rim that’s the problem it’s the The sidewall moving around that causes the rubbing
I had 8x14" under the ute. They didn't rub (very much).
yup ...... :? :lol:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

briby
State: VIC

Post by briby »

yup, yup.
A place for everything and everything in it's place, just can't remember where that place is.
FbSTDwagon

Post by FbSTDwagon »

Errol62 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:33 am Only way you can tell they have been rolled is by feeling. You can’t see it unless you lie next to the wheel and look up. If you won’t roll them then best stick with 6” all round or standard suspension height.

Ok so I thinks it’s that simple… hopefully… sounds like 6 inch is the go for what I want.
Just need to work out the offset.
Drew
FbSTDwagon

Post by FbSTDwagon »

That blew my mind… like a moment in my late teen when I seen the light…
Drew
EK283
State: NSW

Post by EK283 »

Drew, use this chart and you shouldn’t go wrong. If I was doing it I would have the diff in so you know where the drum faces are then go from there.
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=whee ... oMXeilMwXM
Best to trial a wheel on the front then measure that to get the offset.
Greg
So many cars so little time!
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Sorry mate i have been getting home late the last couple of nights, will get this measurement for you when I can.

FbSTDwagon

Post by FbSTDwagon »

Cheers Greg yes when I get the drums on I’ll do some measuring up and I’m sure I’ll work it out.

Blacky no dramas mate, only if you find the time to get it done.
Drew
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

I’ll be swapping back to jelly beans soon so you’re welcome to try my 6x14” rims to verify your offset.

EK van on rotisserie
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Way too much negative offset on these but you could cut out the centres and fit your own. https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/tanunda ... pasteboard Just need a pair of sixes for the front then.

EK van on rotisserie
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

These 6” rims JUST clear with rolled guards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk