Bonnie

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

fingers
State: VIC

Re: Bonnie

Post by fingers »

jarvo wrote:I thought the electricals my be a bit dodgy so I got a new dizzy cap and rotor. Then I decided to take out the plugs and measure the gaps and they were seized in the engine good and proper. I forced them so hard I took some skin off my knuckles when #1 finally shifted, but then 2-6 basically fell apart??? Have 2 left in the engine to try to get out... Looks like a new set of plugs for me to buy :(

I think the leads are ok cause before I broke all the spark plugs we accidently swapped some leads and the engine backfired so I'm guessing the spark is getting in there.

Going to try to get it started next weekend.
..>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.
Hey Mate spray some CRC around the plugs a few times over a couple of days before trying to remove the ones that are left in the engine when ya fit the new ones put some antiseize on the plug threads........good luck............. :thumbsup: ..Fingers
Don’t you find it Funny that after Monday(M) and Tuesday(T), the rest of the week says WTF?
jarvo
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by jarvo »

Thank Fingers, I have been spraying WD40 on them but might go out and get some CRC and some anti seize when i buy the new set of plugs...

Will have to continue panel beating over the next few days while i wait to get this damn engine started...

Cheers
Jarvo
yep... someday...
jarvo

Post by jarvo »

I got the buggers out finally so not only am I up for 6 new plugs in also up for a new socket set. Gonna get some anti seize for the next set, don't want to go through that again.
yep... someday...
fingers

Post by fingers »

jarvo wrote:I got the buggers out finally so not only am I up for 6 new plugs in also up for a new socket set. Gonna get some anti seize for the next set, don't want to go through that again.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
none of the threads grab did they ..............give me a call when ya try to start it next time........Fingers
Don’t you find it Funny that after Monday(M) and Tuesday(T), the rest of the week says WTF?
jarvo

Post by jarvo »

i think the threads are fine cause as soon as they moved they unscrewed freely, i could have done it by hand ...

WIll keep ya posted on how we go starting it, might need your help mate :)
yep... someday...
jarvo

Post by jarvo »

Still havent had the engine running yet... maybe when i put the fuel pump in, its missed the cam so i'll take it out and put it back in again this weekend. see if she will start pumping.

I havent done much to her except we painted the bonnet blue to see if its the right colour. I like the blue so will probably get the whole car sprayed in it.

Also i have started the whole tedious task of scraping all the old paint and crap off the floorpans so i can find and cut out all the rust, looks like the previous owner has done some work previously as there is a section of metal riveted to the underside of the car.

Cheers
Jarvo
yep... someday...
jarvo

Post by jarvo »

Cleaning the floor slowly

yep... someday...
jarvo

Post by jarvo »

Today I decided to paint the gauge faces from a spare instrument cluster I had laying around. I didn't have any of the acrylic left so I went to look at the aerosol cans to see if there was a closely matched colour, sadly there wasn't. But I did find a colour in the little pots of gloss enamel, so I was going to hand paint it on but the missus told me to use her little airbrush. I think they came up really good.

yep... someday...
MyEKisdriven
State: WA

Post by MyEKisdriven »

There is a thread on here I came across some time ago, it explains how to paint your instruments step by step including photos...

http://www.fbekholden.com/forum/viewtop ... =29&t=2990

Definately worth a look :glasses: :glasses:
Foundation member #6 FB/EK Club WA
Sydney to Perth in an EK ute ? no problem.
0424 364 840
jarvo

Post by jarvo »

MyEKisdriven wrote:There is a thread on here I came across some time ago, it explains how to paint your instruments step by step including photos...

http://www.fbekholden.com/forum/viewtop ... =29&t=2990

Definately worth a look :glasses: :glasses:

Thanks mate... I think I probably read over that thread a million times and also spoke to Fingers about it (and checked out his handy work). That thread is an awesome reference.
yep... someday...
jarvo

Post by jarvo »

It may not be perfect but I like it

yep... someday...
fingers

Post by fingers »

jarvo wrote:It may not be perfect but I like it

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Looks good mate .....keep it coming ......... :clap:.. :thumbsup: ..Fingers
jarvo

Post by jarvo »

I was thinking about the lines that i painted over to show where the miles were in gradients of ten. to put them on, I was thinking of buying this from rares and using it as a template to the KM, maybe even just cutting out the bit i need and sticking it on

http://www.rarespares.net.au/rarespares ... ct=MSC2000
yep... someday...
jarvo

Post by jarvo »

my other idea for getting the speed in Kms instead of miles is to get one of these

http://bluewiremotorsport.com/products/ ... -meter-mk1
yep... someday...
Cal

Post by Cal »

Geez that dash has come up good. :thumbsup: