Another Cortina

Got something else that you want to show off that's not an FB or EK? Try this section.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Sputzwagon
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: Another Cortina

Post by Sputzwagon »

SunnyTim wrote:
I love the way that in the background of this pick you can see me, Egg Nog, Kenny Ross and Keith Lumsden :lol: :lol:[/quote]
So is Tony Dahl and me! By the way I did the signwriting on the boot for this just before the owner was married the next day! LOL :roll: :lol: :lol:

Scotty.
[img]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg211/scottyharrod/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No 2
FB wannabe

Post by FB wannabe »

Mick Jagger wrote:Did they make a 2 door(same shape as yours,mk3), I do remember seeing one a long time ago
Mick, they did make a 2 door Cortina right they way through till the finish with the tf (mk5) They were available in the U.K and they still pop up every now and then. Also a few people have imported them over here (I know of 3 in Adelaide) so it's not impossible that you saw one. However I STILL havn't :(

As for the White Cortina she is pretty much finished!

Still have a small list to do but I now have it on historic reg and have been throughly enjoying clocking back up the miles on the old girl.
At first she was raced together for a friend of a friends wedding. Unfortunately the sump wasn't put on properly and she leaked more oil than you could believe.

So, engine out... AGAIN and this time fitted properly. New plates fitted, chrome wheel trims fitted and out cruising again :D . Went down a couple of weeks ago to the Kerenwek Lowender festival in the Kadina, Walleroo, Moonta area. Just over an hour from home and had a ball.

Some other pics

Will update more when I can. Still got some shots of the one I saved from the wreckers
You won't be late with a 138!
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

Petrolhead had a funky Cortina - an import if I remember correctly , possibly a wagon ?
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Cal

Post by Cal »

I'd take that Mazda sticker off the back screen :lol:
FB wannabe

Post by FB wannabe »

The dealer sticker stays! :twisted: This car has moved around a hell of alot in it's time and I really like the cars history. From memory it has spent time in N.S.W, QLD and now S.A. If that sticker dies I'll be getting it remade.

So the actual car I'm using for the life on mars gasser is the one earlier in this thread I picked up from the wreckers. I had no where for it under cover and I'd put too much work into the vinyl roof to let it rot so I took it down to a mates place, which just happens to be on the same street, 750metres down the road :coolllll:. There it sat patiently waiting it's turn. Last month I went down there with him and grabbed it back home so work could commence.

As it sat in my mates shed after 18+ months

No real suprises except for a bloody mouse nest under the back seat! :o That and I nearly crapped myself when a mouse (mummy mouse I assume) ran from the passenger footwell up and over the trans tunnel along past my arm and dissapeared into the back as my mate was towing me into my driveway lol.

After a quick scrub (I hate dirty cars)

So, work begins. We started with the boot floor as it was rotten :esad:

Boot floor is almost finished, and we have filled 3 rust holes in the engine bay / firewall behind the heater, which is common for these.

Really keen to get stuck into this one. I think it's going to be a fairly exciting car when done in it's life on mars and gasser theme. It'll certainly be unique that's for sure! I'm sure no one has made one of these into a gasser yet :twisted:
You won't be late with a 138!
Trev

Post by Trev »

I had a work mate that had a TE with the 250 cross flow motor, it went like a bat out of hell but you would also get sea sick in it too :sick: .
I've always been a fan of the mk1 and mk2 cortina's :thumbsup: .
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
artyfartymarty
State: WA

Post by artyfartymarty »

Trev wrote:I had a work mate that had a TE with the 250 cross flow motor, it went like a bat out of hell but you would also get sea sick in it too :sick: .
I've always been a fan of the mk1 and mk2 cortina's :thumbsup: .
Hahaha. My folks had a TE when I was a kid and I would always get car sick. I have not been car sick in any other car since...not counting self inflicted illness :)
FB EK Club WA
Don't follow me, I'm lost too