MY FB - How screwed am I?

If it doesn't fit below then post here and see if another FB EK fanatic can help you out.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

mrs ratbox

Post by mrs ratbox »

you wanted a "rat" car and that's what you have 8) fix what matters and just go out cruising and having fun in it :) gauarantee you get just as many looks and thumbs up from the people that count as any other early holden does, there's been pics of that car in mags which is more than alot of people on here can say :D
Trev
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by Trev »

Yeh, and people stair at freaks in a freak shows aswell :lol: :lol: :lol: , Trev 8) .
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
RAT138

Post by RAT138 »

thanks for the encouragement guys. 8)
mrs ratbox

Post by mrs ratbox »

:roll: :roll: what trev said, one day someone might pay attention to one of yor cars and and you might get that monkey off yor back :? :roll:
Trev

Post by Trev »

Look at me PLEEEEEEEASE :lol: :lol: :lol: , I'm happy just quietly doing what I do, without having to get peoples opinion of what ever I do :roll: , Trev 8) .
RAT138

Post by RAT138 »

I could care less what people think of MY car at the end of the day cause its MINE. I'll drive it how i Like it, depending solely on what I'm into - which happens to be the rat look. But I do like to get some of your opinions because, there's guys here that have been playing around with early holdens for 20 plus years. Theres also a few of you that dig the mild kustom look as well and thats what this forums about for me - sharing insights, knowledge etc. I have huge respect for these guys that are turning out amazing cars in their garage at home.
This is my second early holden, my first was a shiney mint original ek standard sedan, I loved it but it had to go when I moved to California for a few years. Fell in love with lead sleds and rats when I was over there and now I'm trying to put that spin on this car, cause thats what I'm into.
Trev

Post by Trev »

couldn't have said it better myself, Trev 8) .
mrs ratbox

Post by mrs ratbox »

what about when the guy needed some support after getting the car and realising not as good as he expected, people like you trev making comments like hate to see it after sandblasting, or calling it shit, where i always tried to get him to look on the bright side
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

I don't mind the rat look when done well, but I hate what's happening now as some of the shit they are building in the US are totally unsafe P.O.S's that look so out of proportion even clowns would be ashamed to be in them.... :oops: :oops: Hops of soapbox.... :oops: :oops:

I like nicely finished/detailed cars as they will always get my attention be it shiny, flat or even cars with natural looking patina. Regardless of cost. But it does have to flow and look right, mixing of styles never works. Also sometimes less is more.

Your wagon will fix up with a little bit of work and done right can still maintain the look you want Rat138 and not loose its character. BUT in the end its your car and you have to live with it, so please yourself first and let everyone else worry about what's right or wrong, good or bad.
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
RAT138

Post by RAT138 »

appreciated your comments too by the way ratbox, made me remember its not all bad.
Devilrod, I know what you mean about some of the ratrods out there - total death traps. But I guess that it kind of goes with the attitude of that kulture. My car is in no way a "ratrod" as I think this term really only applys to pre 50's cars anyway. Also with a grey its in no way fast :oops: But i love the big old plymouths and mercurys with patina, and I guess thats how I want my car to look in a way.
This chev truck (which incidentally) looks like it started life a similar colour to the origonal color of the fbomb is a great example of the look I personally love. Ratty panels, whitewalls, dropped to the weeds.

I love a lot of peoples cars on here though as well, both classic restos and kustoms. And I hope one day my car in its next incarnation looks half as good as some of the guys on here's do. 8) 8)
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

That truck looks uber cool - the thing behind it is a perfect example of why you shouldnt smoke crack before modifying your front end ! :shock:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Trev

Post by Trev »

ratbox wrote:what about when the guy needed some support after getting the car and realising not as good as he expected, people like you trev making comments like hate to see it after sandblasting, or calling it shit, where i always tried to get him to look on the bright side
Whats that got to do with getting noticed :? .
I don't think I said anything he didn't already know :wink: , Trev 8) .
mrs ratbox

Post by mrs ratbox »

first i don't think he had any intentions of sandblasting it, ALOT of people would be surprised at the condition of there car after sandblasting, second i think he was after a bit of support not being told it was shit which he may or may not have thought, i certainly wouldn't have to me it's a little more work than expected
not anything to do with being noticed but when it comes to rat or flat painted cars you only seem to have negative comments (unless ofcoarse the car belongs to a female) and as i've slowly learned most don't want to hear negative comments, remember what i kept getting told if you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all :roll:

yor right there RAT138 people with post '48 or '50 rat styled cars that call them rat rods :roll: i have a mate with an EH ute (there's pics around this site of it) old patinaed paint with inj 5L and he keeps calling it a rat rod,there are some dogey looking rat rods around but alot are really quite good cars well maintained, fabricated and new but old looking parts used
RAT138

Post by RAT138 »

Blacky wrote:That truck looks uber cool - the thing behind it is a perfect example of why you shouldnt smoke crack before modifying your front end ! :shock:
hahhaha - so true!
RAT138

Post by RAT138 »

ratbox wrote: yor right there RAT138 people with post '48 or '50 rat styled cars that call them rat rods :roll: i have a mate with an EH ute (there's pics around this site of it) old patinaed paint with inj 5L and he keeps calling it a rat rod,there are some dogey looking rat rods around but alot are really quite good cars well maintained, fabricated and new but old looking parts used
Yeah gotta say for every badly built rat rod I've seen I've probably seen 10 amazing ones.