tug in the park

Club Runs, meetings and other news for fans of FBs & EKs in N.S.W.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky, NSW Mod

FBeing
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: tug in the park

Post by FBeing »

How cool is it when you see older people driving round in their original one owner cars
Gives me warm and fuzzies!
Cal

Post by Cal »

FBeing wrote:
my70wg wrote:....maby they just dont like the look of someone with there nose that far pointed up in the air they cant see were they are walking...

aidan...
Maybe. But I doubt it. Andrew is a friend of mine and I know he doesn't walk around with his nose in the air.
He's stated his reasons for his comments. We've stated ours. End of story

Going back to the pics -
Does anyone think that original 55 Chev has original plates?

The plates looked as old as the car, so maybe they were the original plates. It can get confusing though, coz my plates start with CLM, and it's a '61 model. Though there's cars around newer than mine who's plates start with A or B.

I'll probably get shot for saying this but Bex's car does nothing for me :?

Though her posse at the show looked quite nice :oops: 8)
FBeing

Post by FBeing »

I spose some areas (or country towns) were allocated a group of numbers and not having high turnover their numbers remained early? Just speculating really

And just for the record I reckon Bex's car looks cool. But everyones opinion is different.
Won't shoot you for it Peter :D
hewey

Post by hewey »

Stygian wrote:
I'm only going on the experience of this particular event, but if this is the kind of behaviour that you guys condone, admire, respect and enjoy, the hot rod scene is all yours.
I agree with you, the behaviour you’ve described is pretty poor form and I don’t condone it or respect it. But in my experiences this is far from representative of the hot rod scene – if it was I wouldn’t be hanging around either! Sure you get the occasional dickhead (you do anywhere!), but generally they are few and far between.

As far as the Bex models, I’m still stumped why girls get up at an ungodly hour in the morning to have their hair and make up done, so they can stand around all day and promote someone elses business, and they don’t even get paid!
Cal

Post by Cal »

hewey wrote: As far as the Bex models, I’m still stumped why girls get up at an ungodly hour in the morning to have their hair and make up done, so they can stand around all day and promote someone elses business, and they don’t even get paid!

Who cares........... they looked pretty hot. :twisted: :lol:
hewey

Post by hewey »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
minifb

Post by minifb »

Cal wrote:

It would be very boring if we all drove around in stock cars..... everyone stlye is different. Im glad to see cars with air bags etc it beets the F8ck out of seen all stock cars all day.. ( Just my view) Oh ive just remembered why i dont get on here much now... :roll: :roll:
FB/EKForum member 123
ImageWoofto Car Club Member No4

IF ITS NOT CHOPPED IT MAY ASWELL BE RESTORED

Member FB-EK Holden Car Club of NSW Inc.
The Yeti

Post by The Yeti »

Stygian wrote:I was happy just to leave it as being not my scene, but I guess I have to give some reasons as to why I viewed the Tug crowd with such disdain.

Call me narrow minded and judgmental, but I don't like being sized up, especially when I have a 15 month old child with me. As I was just quietly minding my own business, the only reason why I can think of for this kind of behaviour is that I didn't look like them.

I also don't like being scowled at for taking photos of cars at car shows. You take a car to a car show to show your car, don't you? I wanted to take some photos of the GT Falcons, but the "who the f*^k are you?" looks from their club members convinced me otherwise. I also got the "what the f*%k are you doing?" looks when I took the photo of the "bexterity" EK.

And I particularly despise having bikies revving their engines in an attempt to intimidate me because I, and some other mums and dads walking with kids, stopped them from making a clean entry into the park for a few seconds because we had to use the only access road in to leave.

Like I said, I know a rough bunch of people when I see them. I'm only going on the experience of this particular event, but if this is the kind of behaviour that you guys condone, admire, respect and enjoy, the hot rod scene is all yours.

We missed you at tonight's meeting Mark.
As I said in my ealrier post I wasnt at this event, so I cant acuratly coment on your direct experiance such as the looks and bikies, I will however sugest you give rodders another chance, and turn up to another event, even if its not till Ratday (Tarren Point) in september I wouldnt let a bad experance at one event turn you off.

As I said before my wife and I dont have Tattoo's hell my wife doesnt even have pierced ears but that doesnt mean I'm a good person no more than tatt's and piersings makes some one a bad one

you can pick me a mile off at an event I'm the fat guy that doesnt dress very well and has 2 kids under 10 with me, trust me like every other father I know I wouldnt take my kids anywere I thought they were at any risk.

I love taking my family to car events, and with the exception of one event (for the record the event I refer to was NOT a rodding event and I went on my own the following year and the problem was delt with) have never felt unsafe.

your obviosly a car guy and while you might not be a rodder or in the "rodding seen" I urge you to give it another crack I'm sure you will see this as not "the norm"
Cal

Post by Cal »

minifb wrote:
Cal wrote:

It would be very boring if we all drove around in stock cars..... everyone stlye is different. Im glad to see cars with air bags etc it beets the F8ck out of seen all stock cars all day.. ( Just my view) Oh ive just remembered why i dont get on here much now... :roll: :roll:

That's fair enough Mini..........everyone's entitled to their opinion. Just like if someone wants to say they don't like stockers and that mine's a heap of shit. :mrgreen:

All sorts of cars float my boat. Just that airbagged, ratty looking cars that look like they've been put together in an afternoon don't give me a stiffy. That's not to say the cars are heaps or anything, and a fair bit of effort has gone into them................ just not my style.

I don't get that last bit...... :?
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

minifb wrote: Oh ive just remembered why i dont get on here much now... :roll: :roll:
Because you're always on Facebook? :mrgreen: :roll: :mrgreen:
minifb

Re:

Post by minifb »

Devilrod wrote:
minifb wrote: Oh ive just remembered why i dont get on here much now... :roll: :roll:
Because you're always on Facebook? :mrgreen: :roll: :mrgreen:
Thats right............
FB/EKForum member 123
ImageWoofto Car Club Member No4

IF ITS NOT CHOPPED IT MAY ASWELL BE RESTORED

Member FB-EK Holden Car Club of NSW Inc.
Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

Stygian wrote: I also don't like being scowled at for taking photos of cars at car shows. You take a car to a car show to show your car, don't you? I wanted to take some photos of the GT Falcons, but the "who the f*^k are you?" looks from their club members convinced me otherwise. I also got the "what the f*%k are you doing?" looks when I took the photo of the "bexterity" EK.

don't get the GT guys maybe they were scared you were sizing up there sh!t boxes to seal them :roll: :lol: but otherwise don't know why you'de be getting attitude :?

bex's mob well that's pretty much where our (mine and hers) falling out came about can't stand mouthy chicks that think they're blokes
maybe if you didn't have yor boy you could've asked them what's yor f#%ken problem :lol: :lol:

i haven't been for a few years but i've never felt intimidated there i've always looked at it nearly like a pick nick atmosphere prolly one of the least intimidating places i've ever been

from what cal said when i've seen bex's car (last time was rat day) i know what he means by looks like it was chucked togeather, but i do like the car i'de have it in a heartbeat 8)

and yeti you described yorself as me except the 2 kids :shock: :lol:
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Cal

Post by Cal »

She's put a fair bit of effort into it, I'll admit that.

Didn't realise not liking it was such a touchy subject :? :roll: