Number plates at the nats..

Here is the place to discuss the Nationals, each year will have a new thread added for up-to-date info!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Devilrod
State: VIC

Re: Number plates at the nats..

Post by Devilrod »

A challenge for the next nats huh! How many plates can Ratbox and Sunnytim remount.... Ooooow that would be fun to watch. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
mrs ratbox

Post by mrs ratbox »

i reckon it was a fairly good score only a couple let the team down :)
Trev
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by Trev »

Looks like slim line plates help :D
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
mrs ratbox

Post by mrs ratbox »

they do but some even managed to screw them up :? :lol:
WINDOWLESS_61

Post by WINDOWLESS_61 »

Some good combos there. I wonder how many of these plates were purchased and fitted to cars before all the greedy RTA'S started charging us for using our brains and expressing these combinations on our chosen vehicles. Thankfully i got all mine years ago and will never let them go !!
ratbox wrote:they do but some even managed to screw them up :? :lol:
The S.A. slim line like on THOMMO'S look to be slightly bigger vertically a bit of a fiddly one to get right !
PS. And you think for all that money they charge us for em they could remove those nice sharp edges plenty of nicks over the years when cleaning. :evil:
Ian B
KISS- Keep It Simple Stupid.
minifb

Post by minifb »

I get charged $90.00 to have MY-61-FB what a rort...........
FB/EKForum member 123
ImageWoofto Car Club Member No4

IF ITS NOT CHOPPED IT MAY ASWELL BE RESTORED

Member FB-EK Holden Car Club of NSW Inc.
EKfanPaul

Post by EKfanPaul »

g'day,
HOL 610
is mine. I like it because you have to be a Holden fan to know its personalised!
As all Victorian FB & EK's came out with H _ _ -_ _ _ ( 3 letters 3 numbers) It could pass for an original plate and be used in movies and be period correct (If I wanted it to),

I think HOL 620 is still avilable for your info!

Cheers

Paul
Thommo

Post by Thommo »

minifb wrote:I get charged $90.00 to have MY-61-FB what a rort...........
$60 once of purchase in SA for mine :)

I would much rather have the 6 digit historic (Original Version) plates
but they are auctioned of for thousands,
and they are a modern version of the old historic plate,
completely defeating the purpose anyway :roll:
EKfanPaul

Post by EKfanPaul »

The Victorian Black and white 3 letter 3 number plates with just 'vic' are a perfect copy of the original plate

As mentioned before, if you start it with a H, it is then period correct.
These plates sell for just under $300 as opposed to the 6 letter ones which sell for double

Cheers

Paul
Stygian
State: NSW

Post by Stygian »

EKfanPaul wrote:The Victorian Black and white 3 letter 3 number plates with just 'vic' are a perfect copy of the original plate. As mentioned before, if you start it with a H, it is then period correct...
Paul
We have those plates available now in NSW too, 3 letters and 3 numbers with just "nsw" underneath. Where if the plate starts with a "C", it is period correct. SunnyTim would have had an original pair of these too on his pink EK standard...

Andrew
Stygian
State: NSW

Post by Stygian »

SunnyTim wrote:CLM-564 :P and it had 'Holden' scripted number plate frames fitted from new 8) I don't have the plates, the car was on the Gold Coast when I bought it in '91 and had been unregistered since the '80's - however the frames werre neatly stored in the boot :D
My blue FB standard was CHM-913 too
You are lucky in NSW as you can put plates on hold. Once they lapse here they are dead, unless you pay $365 for some tinny repro ones - they are basically the same, but the bureaucrats missed the attention to detail so the lettering is different. The Vic ones are worse though, the lettering is heaps thinner on the repo's
Yep, when I bought my EK I the owner gave me a defect notice dated 22nd October 1986, which fortunately has the original registration number on it starting with a "C". I will be putting the rego number on hold with the black plates with white lettering, not the repro old style yellow ones, as these cost hundreds. I have a "Holden" scripted number plate frame to put on the rear plate too...
Cal

Post by Cal »

SunnyTim wrote:CLM-564 :P and it had 'Holden' scripted number plate frames fitted from new 8) I don't have the plates, the car was on the Gold Coast when I bought it in '91 and had been unregistered since the '80's - however the frames werre neatly stored in the boot :D
My blue FB standard was CHM-913 too
You are lucky in NSW as you can put plates on hold. Once they lapse here they are dead, unless you pay $365 for some tinny repro ones - they are basically the same, but the bureaucrats missed the attention to detail so the lettering is different. The Vic ones are worse though, the lettering is heaps thinner on the repo's

Geez Tim, mustv'e been registered on the same day as mine.........CLM-572 :shock:
ek61

Post by ek61 »

good woork mini 8) 8)

my REK061 plates are mine 4 eva they cost me $25 for the pair they now live on my commy wagon :)
my EK 61 plates cost me $190 a year :( :(
"THE JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES BEGINS WITH A BROKEN FAN BELT AND A FLAT TYRE"
***just cruise***