Tigers V6 Conversion

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

NickZ
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: Tigers V6 Conversion

Post by NickZ »

But have you got the brown wire from that 2 wire plug going to the GEN light on the dash and is the globe ok in the GEN light?
michaeljohn1234m
State: NSW

Post by michaeljohn1234m »

NickZ wrote:But have you got the brown wire from that 2 wire plug going to the GEN light on the dash and is the globe ok in the GEN light?
No. I'm using Classic gauges and they don't use that wire so it's just sitting in the dash if i remember right,so what should i do with it
NickZ

Post by NickZ »

Thats why its not charging, the brown wire on the alt really needs to go through a dash light globe. it works by putting ignition switched positive power through the globe to provide positive power to the brown wire. how it works is when the alt isnt spinning the brown wire at the alt is a negative so the globe lights up, once you start the car the alt makes the wire a positive and the globe goes out as it has a positive on both sides of the globe.

you can put the brown to a positive switched (ignition on). but you might have to try a few different positions as it can cause a loop and the engine will not turn off. if you have original FC wiring at the ignition switch you could put it on the pink wire.
michaeljohn1234m

NickZ wrote:
you can put the brown to a positive switched (ignition on). but you might have to try a few different positions as it can cause a loop and the engine will not turn off. if you have original FC wiring at the ignition switch you could put it on the pink wire.
Thanks NickZ i put it on the ignition side of my fuse box and it's charging great
BILLY BLACKARROW

Post by BILLY BLACKARROW »

Thats why its not charging, the brown wire on the alt really needs to go through a dash light globe. it works by putting ignition switched positive power through the globe to provide positive power to the brown wire. how it works is when the alt isnt spinning the brown wire at the alt is a negative so the globe lights up, once you start the car the alt makes the wire a positive and the globe goes out as it has a positive on both sides of the globe.

Thanks NickZ i put it on the ignition side of my fuse box and it's charging great

This is why this forum is so good
BILLY :arrow:
BILLY BLACKARROW
MY Father always said do the hard part first --because when you are OVER IT you only have the easy part left to do THINGS I HAVE TRIED TO LIVE BY
nes138

Post by nes138 »

Try and get that off a P plater on a commodore forum!!!
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

nes138 wrote:Try and get that off a P plater on a commodore forum!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
michaeljohn1234m

Got my rims on Monday and the tires today,the back fits great
the fronts have 10mm spaces but will need another 7mm to get the track width in to the right range,now i'll start looking for someone who makes steel spaces (17mm) If anyone knows let us know.
other then that it sits fine
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

8) 8) 8)
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

FeeBee

Post by FeeBee »

looks awesome
He who dies with the most toys wins!!
michaeljohn1234m

new toy 3 phase bench drill. $62.00 on ebay
got my 22mm spaces done
and longer studs
the spaces are wielded on to the wheel hubs that makes them legal
that brings the wheel track within the limit by about 4mm
now i have to work out how to roll the guards (only about 100 to 150mm where the tire will hit)
Has anyone any ideas on how to go about rolling or cutting bending the under part of the guards
the pink dots are where i think i need do roll them
Trev

Post by Trev »

I rolled mine by getting a steel bar and running it between the tyre and guard a few times.
You might need to repaint in there when done.
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

Trev wrote:I rolled mine by getting a steel bar and running it between the tyre and guard a few times.
You might need to repaint in there when done.
Instead of the steel tube try a round piece of wood. I have heard of baseball bats being used to.
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

baseball bats work really well , I have heard of Coke bottles being used too but never seen it done

my 62 sedan

Post by my 62 sedan »

Hi there they sell a guard rolling tool on ebay that bolts onto your wheel studs.