One owner FB wagon driven by 100 year old bloke

Have you spotted any FB's or EK's we haven't seen before. Post your pics here.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

oldnek
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by oldnek »

I hope thats not a speeding ticket hes holding, he doesn't appear to be to happy.

Or he may be thinking! "If this bloke asks me if I want to sell it" I'll punch him in the nose. :)

Lindsey, your definitely legend status mate, Keep on Holden On 8)
There's nothing as Sweet as a EK V8
Sputzwagon

Post by Sputzwagon »

Harko wrote:
Christ you dont want much do ya . :D
He'll probably out last US Harko! :wink: :lol:

Scotty.
[img]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg211/scottyharrod/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No 2
V8EK4us

Post by V8EK4us »

Excellent story Richard... 8) :D

If you happen to see Lindsey again shake his hand for me...what a true legend, I could only wish that I will be able to still drive at 100 years of age let alone have the same car for 50 years 8) 8) 8) unbelievable, well done Lindsey!
retro-richard

Post by retro-richard »

Thanks guys for the nice comments about Lindsey, when i see him next time i will let him know he has some fans on the forum (will also have to explain to him what a internet forum is). He bought the car from a country dealership it has done 135000 miles he gets it serviced by a local mechanic ,he was a bit upset that the mechanic couldnt fix his horn and bypassed it to a push switch instead,He knows that his driving days are almost over and wants the car to stay in the family a nephew is interested
dave68
State: QLD

Post by dave68 »

Hey does he need a horn ring to fix his bus, I have one that he can have for free. :wink:
Whatever....:(
WINDOWLESS_61

Post by WINDOWLESS_61 »

What a great story. Same car for fifty years, i doubt if a current 2010 holden will be in the same situation in fifty years still registered let alone with the same owner.
He kind of reminds me of my grandfather with his ek van that was left to me. :)

With the upcoming Nationals celebrating fifty years of the release of the FB and Lindsey having his FB for fifty years wouldn't it be great to see him and his car at the Nationals. 8)
Stories like these are rare.
Maybe you S.A. guys could give him an invite and have him cruise over with you. Now that would be 8)
Ian B
KISS- Keep It Simple Stupid.
Craig

Post by Craig »

8) 8) 8) 8)
Better dead than red

EK, the VN of the 60s
vmx-mxr
State: NSW

Post by vmx-mxr »

Great story !!!

Lindsay is amazing - I reckon you guys should offer him a full detail of the old girl so he can enjoy whatever time he has with his faithful old FB.....

Dave Mac :D
EKjimmy

Post by EKjimmy »

If his local mechanic can service it it's a wonder why he can't fix the horn :?
Good on him, that's awesome!
I hope I live that long, another 81 years of cars-might even try to keep one for that long :P
Jimmy
'The best engine in the world is a vagina. It can be started with only one finger. It is self-lubricating. It takes any size piston. And it changes it's own oil every four weeks. It is a pity that the management system is so f*$king temperamental.'
FB MAD

Post by FB MAD »

WINDOWLESS_61 wrote:What a great story. Same car for fifty years, i doubt if a current 2010 holden will be in the same situation in fifty years still registered let alone with the same owner.
He kind of reminds me of my grandfather with his ek van that was left to me. :)

With the upcoming Nationals celebrating fifty years of the release of the FB and Lindsey having his FB for fifty years wouldn't it be great to see him and his car at the Nationals. 8)
Stories like these are rare.
Maybe you S.A. guys could give him an invite and have him cruise over with you. Now that would be 8)
:roll: Now getting Lindsey and his wagon to the Nationals to celebrate 50 years of the FB and Lindsey's 100 years not out would definately be one thing I would be very happy to see :D :D :D .

I reckon he would be swamped with fans and well wishers 8) 8) 8) 8)
I can't think what to write here so this will do.
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

EKjimmy wrote:If his local mechanic can service it it's a wonder why he can't fix the horn :?
Not necessarily, my horn is in a similar situation. I've had an auto elec look at it and short of putting in a seperate button it won't work. Mainly a bad earth in the column somewhere. We've had two goes so far and still no luck.... thankfully its a mate so time is cheap!
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
vmx-mxr
State: NSW

Post by vmx-mxr »

With the utmost respect to the elderly gent it's ironic that he was born pre WW1 when the horns were a simple bulb type that never stuffed up and he has lived long enough to see life and it's attendant gadgets become so complex - no wonder he isn't happy the horn isn't working !!!

Can someone with some idea go give him a hand - surely someone can?

Dave Mac :D
retro-richard

Post by retro-richard »

Yeah it would be good if he could go to the nationals . but i cant see it happening he got invited to our club 50th birthday show in shine for the FB and didnt show up, all i can do is keep in touch with him and see if he wants to go out on local cruises even as a passenger.
lulu

Post by lulu »

That is awesome!!!
8)
-Never enough Chrome-
element5au

Post by element5au »

Was an Honor to go met Lindsay and got to see his old run about, Was cool to hear he drove into the city markets....i don't like driving in the city....tooo much traffic. :D