Berwick swap and drive-in night

Club Runs, meetings and other news for fans of FBs & EKs in Victoria.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky, VIC Mod

tm 50
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by tm 50 »

Throw a surprise party for her , just dont tell her its at the drive in !! blind fold should do the trick. For your own health make sure you buy her something bloody good and flowers and give it to her there, should do the trick, besides i dont think any of us would be capable to fill out the incident report if you fail to get her the right gift we might be to busy laughing as she pays out!!!!!
Dakam

Post by Dakam »

Dude, you are a MAN. We are always wrong!!!!!! Havent you learnt that by now. Dont go and start analysing woman, you will end up in a mental hospital. :D
Dave.
I'd rather drive something made of metal, not plastic!
mrsdakam

Post by mrsdakam »

really Dave mmmmmmmmmmm you will pay for your comments you really need to watch what your saying in your so called man world cause this forum is NOT just for men us women are taking over :lol:

lynchpin your wife just wants you to show you care you should have told her "every girl deservse a day that is all about her are you sure you want to pass on that day this year " then you would have known if she really wanted a birthday this year

watch you back Dave pay back is coming :twisted:
Last edited by mrsdakam on Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trev

Post by Trev »

Leave your touchy feely comments at the door when you come in here Mrs Dave :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
Dakam

Post by Dakam »

I think I'm gonna throw up, I feel sick! Lovey dovey kissey kissey. VOMIT. The other reason I feel sick is that I will probably wake up without a scrotum in the morning. :shock:
Dave.
I'd rather drive something made of metal, not plastic!
mrsdakam

Post by mrsdakam »

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 :lol:
FB MAD

Post by FB MAD »

Dakam wrote:I think I'm gonna throw up, I feel sick! Lovey dovey kissey kissey. VOMIT. The other reason I feel sick is that I will probably wake up without a scrotum in the morning. :shock:
Dave.
:roll: No need for scrotums after ya married Dave, they never get used!! :wink: :wink: :wink:
I can't think what to write here so this will do.
rosco
State: VIC

Post by rosco »

Still got quite a few stones left in my bucket too... no chance of ever emptying any more of them after I throw these next few lines up..... guaranteed.....

Just getting in touch with my feminine side here.... it's been a bit of a "suck it and see" learning curve..... I suck up and she "we'll see's"....

I might be wrong - but as I understand it Lynchpin - this is part of getting the required "deal" - "I'm not interested, probably won't do any thing......."
This means what you're offering isn't anywhere near satisfactory....

It's now back in your court - you have do make a better offer and "entice" her into something which takes her fancy.......

Just look out if it's not what she expects.......

Is that how it works, girls?...... this is the "LAW" as I have come to learn it.....

Blokes just tell you what they want - or won't accept.... it's a bit of a back and fro short term haggle..... fortunately, we don't seem to be able to remember stuff for long - hence the need for any negotiation to be short term......

Sheila's however - I have witnessed incidents such as these which run for months - can't say I've seen one go for a year or more yet.....

Beware the woman who grants the totally "unrealistic" request ...... your goolies will be in peril - there's "something" waiting for you on the other side of the ledger book........ hope you've got the funds or bank manager to support your sacrificial purchase......

frats,
Rosco

Ooops, forgot - what's showing at the drive-in .... "The Witches of Eastwick" would be worth another look......

ps - nice knowing you....... I'll have to check the "notices" in the paper tomorrow to see if I'm still here......
LYNCHPIN

Post by LYNCHPIN »

tm 50,

If you see a blue standard wagon turn up at the drive in, just yell, "SURPRISE" and we'll be sweet.

Paul
Stygian
State: NSW

Post by Stygian »

rosco wrote:I might be wrong - but as I understand it Lynchpin - this is part of getting the required "deal" - "I'm not interested, probably won't do any thing......."
This means what you're offering isn't anywhere near satisfactory....

It's now back in your court - you have do make a better offer and "entice" her into something which takes her fancy.......
Lynchpin, rosco has NAILED it. You need to get more creative. The trick might be to make it a PART of a bigger celebration of her birthday.

Why not make it part of a weekend away? Think of somewhere really nice where she would like to go and book a really beautiful B&B there for Saturday night. Take her out to lunch at somewhere really nice nearby, then go winetasting or, even better, country markets where she can spend some money on what seems to us blokes like useless crap. Letting her use your wallet is a good idea. Head back to the B&B, shower and freshen up so she can "get ready" for the drive in (leave ample time for this and DO NOT hurry her up). When she is ready, ambush with flowers, a present and a beautiful card telling her how wonderful she is. This will win you brownie points which you can then spend checking out cars with mates at the drive in. Then head off, watch the flick, check out cars and have a fun time. Then head back to the B&B. If you have done well, then.. :wink:
LYNCHPIN

Post by LYNCHPIN »

Edna Blue,

You must be joking!!!! If i go to all that trouble, she will EXPECT it every year and there is no way i can be bothered going to all that trouble every year.

Set the bar low and they are grateful for any effort you go to.

Lynchpin's Marriage Classes 101.

Cheers Paul
Stygian
State: NSW

Post by Stygian »

LYNCHPIN wrote:Edna Blue,
Set the bar low and they are grateful for any effort you go to.
Lynchpin's Marriage Classes 101.

Cheers Paul
Paul,

I'm engaged to a redhead - "set bar low" strategies simply do not work. :wink: :lol: :lol:

No, you do not have to do the same thing next year - just do something different.

Remember, the aim is to get you and her to the drive in. :wink:

Andrew

P.S. Actually, Victoria (my missus) would love the drive in as she loves old cars... she had a 1959 Hillman Minx with new chrome, paint and leather interior until it got T-boned by someone who couldn't see a foot in front of their face...
rosco
State: VIC

Post by rosco »

Edna - I might be able to save your marriage.......
Yes, it has been my sufference which brings me to believe the opinion posted above...... but - for goodness sake, don't ever go to the extremes you suggest......

You'll get the "cold" treatment until you "fess up" at WHY you bestow this attention - far too much..... you're trying to cover for something...... why now after all these years....... hmmmmmm - surely this tells you how "logic" works on Venus.......

The "spanish inquisition" can last for months..... you won't know it's happening - but your actions will have certainly instigated it......

My simple solution - just round off the edges from the drive-in/car show/swap meet a little and make them part of the bigger picture - don't agree to any conflicting time slots - that's your only guidline discipline - all other options (at SWMBO's suggestion of course).....for further activities....... or correctly - activities which afford you to ALSO attend the drive-in/swap meet....... are appropriate - no matter how you feel about attending flower shows, cake displays etc, etc, etc.......

Sometimes, a little bit of give often results in achieving the desired goals...... the "opposition" have to think of it..... if you put it up, it will be something "you" want to do ...........
At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how many activities you need to grimace through - end result "mission accomplished"......
...... and, you might just find that magazine, spare part, contact with someone in places you'd least expect.......
Try to draw as much positive from indignity as you can...... it will pay off.....

I should be writing for "heart balm" here....... now there's a thought.....

frats,
Rosco
tm 50

Post by tm 50 »

Got to love the female point of view, really ladies will it make any difference what us Guys do we are dammed if we do dammed if we dont !!!! might as well just travel along the way we have been coz we're screwed no matter what we do

Lynchpin i will go one better so not only will we yell suprise but we will set one of tables inside the kiosk with a nice table cloth couple of candles a vase of flowers. entree two Fried dim sims, main meal beef burger or Chickenburger with a bucket of chips followed by a dessert of Jam donuts or one of those ice cream cone thingos, Drinks your choice of large medium or small coke with ice,
Trev

Post by Trev »

tm 50 wrote:Got to love the female point of view, really ladies will it make any difference what us Guys do we are dammed if we do dammed if we dont !!!! might as well just travel along the way we have been coz we're screwed no matter what we do

Lynchpin i will go one better so not only will we yell suprise but we will set one of tables inside the kiosk with a nice table cloth couple of candles a vase of flowers. entree two Fried dim sims, main meal beef burger or Chickenburger with a bucket of chips followed by a dessert of Jam donuts or one of those ice cream cone thingos, Drinks your choice of large medium or small coke with ice,
Thats more effort than it's worth :roll: , if I had to do that to get my wife to the drive-inn, we'd be staying home :P , Trev 8) .
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3