tug in the park

Club Runs, meetings and other news for fans of FBs & EKs in N.S.W.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky, NSW Mod

STANLEY
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: tug in the park

Post by STANLEY »

If you are agreeing your mates car is a piece of shit, why would you want it in the show.
Cant understand that mentality, go over to the Odd-rodders site & check the discussion on the Kustom Nationals in the events section.

Guy on the gate being a cock or not, your mates car should have been outside.
my70wg

Post by my70wg »

i told him to jump in with me.....he should of listened...you just cant tell some people :roll: :roll: :roll:

aidan...
i'll get there....
Cal

Post by Cal »

They did let a stock looking Gemini in, though it did have a 308. So a bit harsh on the Corolla. :lol:

Good mixture of cars, though quite a few weren't exactly my cup of tea. I'd be surprised if they're allowed to hold it there again. A lot of the entrants were doing burnouts on the road when leaving. Not young tryhards, but guys in big power, big dollar rods who should know better.
Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

no offence andrew but you best just stick to going to concoarse de elegances, cause shows like tug are always gunna be full of people with tatoos and long hair :? might surprise you that i'de hang out with this type of person but the guy with the yellow '57 is a very good friend of mine (not tatooed but a stockish car owner :wink: ) he got a trophy for top eight aswell 8)
aidan was gunna say i don't like yor mates chances of getting a corrolla in, in some cases at shows it's not about the money it's about standards i kinda agree re: the minitrucks especially in there advertising they say no minitrucks, but also saying that minitrucks have been there for a long time
and summernats :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: after going for 24 years and never having a car damaged or even close to damaged bar one that was reversed into by a worker there, and it's not like i don't drive when i'm there haveing won top cruiser 4 times, i've never had any issues there i've prolly caused more damage having run atleast one guy over for not getting out of my way :shock: parked on another guy's foot :lol: penthouse pets in a convertable will do that, any trouble is usually as Stanley pointed out by the non car owning knuckle head hangeroners, it was even established in the riots that most of the trouble was caused by local canberrians

Bathurst swap sucked
Last edited by Mick on Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
my70wg

Post by my70wg »

yeah...i totally agree with you mick, i told him to just jump in with me. but, his loss....so he was just pissed of all day. but iv gone to tug for 4 years in a row, and, iv never EVER seen a problem with people there, tattoed or not....bit of stereo-typing..goin on there...i work with guys with tatts..and there some of the nicest blokes iv ever met....

...just dont judge....

aidan...
i'll get there....
Cal

Post by Cal »

Blown big block in this Landcruiser

3 door

Fletch

308 Gemini

STANLEY

Post by STANLEY »

Ohhh, that gold big block Premier just gave me wood.
Stygian

Post by Stygian »

Cal wrote:A lot of the entrants were doing burnouts on the road when leaving. Not young tryhards, but guys in big power, big dollar rods who should know better.
Why am I not surprised by this? :roll: As I said, they were a pretty rough lot; and that was before the bikies turned up.

No offence taken Mick, you're right. If I have to change my appearance to look like I've just had tea with Ivan Milat, the hot rod scene is not for me. Pity as I like many of the cars. Back in the 90s hot shows seemed to be a bit more family oriented. Your mate who owns the 57 Chev is a lucky man - very beautiful car 8) . Wouldn't mind having that car in my garage at all.

On the Summernats Stu, the last time I went (about 11 years ago) was when a guy by the name of Fitzpatrick took out the top prize for a white and blue FC, if I remember rightly. But when he went up to get his trophy, the whole crowd booed and hissed him and chanted "bullsh!t" over and over. He gets on the microphone, obviously a bit shaken, and says well, if you think you can do better than me, build a car and enter it. Pretty fair point I thought. Never been back to Summernats since. Now I have a family I will probably never go again.
FBeing

Post by FBeing »

I think Fitzpatrick's FC has won Grand Champ a few times
Maybe the crowd were chanting that because he had won so many times :)

But he's on the money - step up and do better or keep you're mouth shut!

And as for the riots, as I said it was a minority of idiots that caused it. Even though there were literally hundreds and hundreds of people going mental - they weren't representative of all the people who were at Summernats. And as someone stated earlier it was no doubt people who weren't even entrants.
And like I said I haven't been back since and I don't I think I will either.
Each to their own when it comes to car shows, or anything for that matter :)

Sorry this has sort off gone off topic.

Nice pics Cal

I really like that two door FC (or FE?) wagon, it's neat.
Cal

Post by Cal »

I agree about the Summernats..................not exactly somewhere I'd take my kid, though to be fair I don't think it was ever intended as a family type of show, what with the Saturday night "entertainment" :lol: . I was there in '91 or '92 (not sure exactly) when there was a mini riot during the Supercruise, it did get a bit nasty. I think the combination of the extreme heat, free flowing VB, and a bit of titty on show wasn't the best combination to make the lads behave :wink:

What made me laugh about the blokes doing burnouts at the Tug show was that they were all stopping on a puddle of water in the car park and lighting it up there. You'd expect that from some try hard in a stock 186 or something that needs his mates to lift the rear guards up to give it that little bit of encouragement to spin the wheels.

Not a rod that weighs under a ton, with a blown V8 up front :mrgreen:

Stu, that wagon is a 3 door. It had 2 doors on the left hand side. I presume it was an ambulance or something, though this one had a proper back seat and all.
The Yeti

Post by The Yeti »

Hmmmm I have all my teeth, so does my wife, neither of us have tattoo's but I'm offended by the comments above, since when in this car culture did our dental status and or inkness define who we are?

I work in senior management, my wife is in education we didn’t go to tug but that’s not because of the people you describe it’s just we couldn’t fit it in with our schedule

I have quite a few mates that do have tattoo’s and well there my mates so I think there great people, dude I think you need to open your eyes a little.
FBeing

Post by FBeing »

Cal wrote: Stu, that wagon is a 3 door. It had 2 doors on the left hand side. I presume it was an ambulance or something, though this one had a proper back seat and all.
Ah gotcha Pete

Ambo or converted panno maybe? Interesting, doubt there'd be many of those still around
Stygian

Post by Stygian »

The Yeti wrote: dude I think you need to open your eyes a little.
Maybe I do. I know some great people who have tats, like Mark (minifb) and some of my wife's friends. But I know a rough bunch of people when I see them. The hot rod crowd isn't for me. Sorry.

I missed that wagon Peter.
Cal

Post by Cal »

Forgot to take a photo of it, but there was a real nice FB wagon (white with green flash) parked in the car park. Dead stock, apart from being lowered......................which ruined it for me :mrgreen:
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

Stygian wrote: Maybe I do. I know some great people who have tats, like Mark (minifb) and some of my wife's friends. But I know a rough bunch of people when I see them. The hot rod crowd isn't for me. Sorry.

I missed that wagon Peter.
I think you may have a very poor misrepresentation of a "hot rod crowd" there Stygian. My family has a ball at quite a few rod runs and they are far more family orientated than you think. For example the queenscliff run just this past weekend has a whole day spent at a water park.

But then again you did say Mini was great. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: