Floods

Club Runs, meetings and other news for fans of FBs & EKs in Qld.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky, QLD Mod

fbman63
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: Floods

Post by fbman63 »

Hi Craig
my Fb panelvan is under about 4 mtrs of water my sign business is devistated I had no time to get it all out and thanks to customers that decided not to pay me before or so far after christmas I had no funds to remove the van and soory craig the seat and carby set are in the shed as well waiting for the tide to turn to start the clean up its gonna be a fun couple of weeks.
thropzed

Post by thropzed »

Sunnymick, Here's some pics of Marty's house
Wednesday morning 8am
Wednesday afternoon 3pm

Guys, Remember this is only 1km from SunnyTims house

Cheers Theo Z....................
Watch for the early bird, He might be just getting home.

FB/EK Car Club of QLD.
FBeing

Post by FBeing »

So full on

Really do feel for all you banana benders, it's hardcore.
Trev

Post by Trev »

Is that where it has stopped?
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

That's too close for comfort Tim! good to hear the water is receeding. I know of someone in Coorparoo and it stopped at the end of his street. Now the really hard work begins, cleaning up.
thropzed

Post by thropzed »

Hi all, Well I've got the shop open, we have power and running water. Deliverys of milk in the morning and bread today and tomorrow.
Basics have been hard to source.
I haven't been affected and crossing the river through the city daily has been easy, if you don't need to get into the suburbs.
Can't get into Mums place at the moment, But she has gone to a freinds with power.
Anyone need anything let me know.
My brother inlaws workshop is under about 4ft of water and we hope to get in for clean up by saturday afternoon and have it operational by Wednesday depending on power supply.
Cheers For Now Theo Z...........................

FB/EK Car Club of QLD.
Trev

Post by Trev »

Theo, you are doing a great service to your community, wish there was something that I could do, I feel so helpless :x .
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
Aussy Edo
State: QLD

Post by Aussy Edo »

Geez you were lucky Timbo,my place survived apart from the water through my shed,the family are shaken but all in good health and spirit now the water has receded.Good to hear you got the shop sorted Theo.I felt as helpless as you guys down south sending your well wishes caus i couldnt get back from work to look after my family :evil: :evil:.My 3 boys,(oldest is 3) hadnt heard thunderstorms like that before that lasted 3 or 4 hours straight and were shaking and hiding under the covers of our bed the wife said,poor little buggers,but it could have been much worse and i thank my lucky stars as my nan used to say.Cheerz for the well wishes,i cant do much for 2 weeks till i get home and assess what i need to do to the shed.cheerz
Edo
One Day Hopefully!!
dodge68
State: WA

Post by dodge68 »

Geez that's a bit close Tim. Glad to hear you avoided it. We are very luck and haven't been affected by the floods, unlike many others. If anyone needs a hand I'd be happy to help out.
FB EK Holden Car Club of QLD
Mick Jagger

Post by Mick Jagger »

I too havent been affected,will if the logan rises much more,I feel so sorry for the unlucky ones :( ,chin up :)
there will be a lot of help coming there way, Im a contractor for the Redland city council
and they are calling on everyone to pitch in,lets hope we dont see rain like that for a while
Cheers Jase
kmawic
jmaddalena

Post by jmaddalena »

If anyone needs a hand in the clean up do not hesitate to ask . the Madds are here. we feel so lucky in beenleigh not to be affected by the floods.
secretary Qld fb ek holden car club inc.
r&kfb

Post by r&kfb »

hi all spoke to craig today and he has had no power since tuesday. Heading out to give him some supplies tomorrow hopfully. Will let you know tomorrow. Wish us luck :)
Free to live ........ and drive my car's
Aussy Edo
State: QLD

Post by Aussy Edo »

Hope things arent too bad round at your joint Craig,take care everyone
Edo
One Day Hopefully!!
thropzed

Post by thropzed »

I've had the day off today, Looking after the kids. We went to my brother inlaws work shop and its been steam cleaned and electricity is back on. Mechanical services start Monday. Haven't been over to Marty's place yet, But the boys tell me that the work crews organised by work mates have been in with Bobcats and dump truck today and the back yard is like a brown bowling green. Most of the stuff under the house has been dumped, Still to pull out the wagon. The two XF's have been dragged to the front street and we're still waiting for a tilt tray to take them to the dump.
Its easy for me over here on the north side with no water anywhere. I feel for everyone that are still slugging away cleaning up. I'm hoping that I will be able to get to the southside this arvo to access whats needed for tomorrow.
Remember, I've only concerning myself to one house at the moment but as you get into the streets and see all the volenteers filing into suburbs it really lifts yours spirits.
Good luck everyone and if anyone has a tilttray, We could use it!

Cheers Theo Z..................

FB/EK Car Club of QLD.
Craig

Post by Craig »

We got power on Friday and the road in reopened
HUGE THANKKS to Ricard and Kate (R&K FB) who did a run around bakerys, grocery stores and of course the bottle shop to bring us supplies which we shared with all the neighbours

like everyone else we have been giving a hand and it is great to see the the generosity of people. These are the times that define us as human beings

I spoke to Tim last night he still has no power but has ice and beer so I think he might make it

We heard some tool from our suberb on the radio the other night complaining that he hadn't been notified they were going to turn his power off and becase of the mad rush at the shop before it went under was running out of food(his neibours must not like him) and he said our suburb had been abandoned :evil: :evil: what a wanker

Hope everyone else is OK

Aussy Edo wrote:i cant do much for 2 weeks till i get home and assess what i need to do to the shed.cheerz
Edo
Let me know if you need anything mate

Craig
Better dead than red

EK, the VN of the 60s