Running on empty EK

Have you spotted any FB's or EK's we haven't seen before. Post your pics here.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Blacky
State: WA

Running on empty EK

Post by Blacky »

Does anybody know who owns this car ?? I bought the EK from the movie company in 1982 , owned it for about a year and sold it . I would like to know if this is the same car or a copy. Image
col60fb
State: NOT ENTERED

hmmm

Post by col60fb »

g'dat blacky,don't where it is or if it's the original
from the movie but the number plate is wrong
for starter's may have been changed who know's.
cheer's col.
Brown Bear

Running on empty.

Post by Brown Bear »

Have just watched 'running on empty' for the first time, and the plates are correct. Difficult to say if the car is a copy or not, as the one in the film was seemingly given a fairly hard time! be it a repro or resto, I'd say well done either way.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

A bloke who knew the guy who built this car got in touch the other week - it is a repro of the original which presumably is lost .
The original car survived the movie intact - just had a bit of damage on the headlight peaks from running up the bum of a falcon , the one they rolled over was a copy made from a clunker - if you have a look when it rolls over there is a stock wheel on the front left , it has quarter windows in the front doors and no flared guards .
parisian62
State: NSW

Post by parisian62 »

Brown Bear,

Did you notice the car next to it? Looks like Bob K's 'Bluey' EK going by the flash kit. Maybe he knows the owner?

Stewart
col60fb

Post by col60fb »

sorry blacky,
i was wrong i just hired film
and your plate is the same as in film.
when it rolls over it's got a flipper window,
then they get out and it hasn't.but it look's
like the 1/4 window bar is blured out to
look like the same car after it stop's rolling
when ya pause it.now i've refreshed the memory
and looked at the film it's hare to pick if it
the real one or not.but it's a very nice classic
all the same.
cheer's col. :wink:
ek61

more pics

Post by ek61 »

would be great to see more pics of the car. dont u just love the old classic aussie movies there getting just as hard to find as the parts for our cars
cheers dave
"THE JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES BEGINS WITH A BROKEN FAN BELT AND A FLAT TYRE"
***just cruise***
yeprat1

sighted

Post by yeprat1 »

there is a car that lookes the same as this one always parked at a service station at mcgraths hill nsw near windsor on windsor road oppositethe pub on corner. dont know if it is the car your looking for .it doesnt look as good as this one i recognised the writing on boot.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Any chance of getting a photo of it ?
Does it move or is it just parked up ?
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
EK 9893

Post by EK 9893 »

Blacky,
The original car was chopped up back in the mid to late 80's, a friend of mine brought it but the original seats had been stolen he recalled. I might have a picture of the car at my Mum's, I'll let you know.
space ace
State: NSW

Post by space ace »

I know the chap who owns this ek he also owns the 57 chev and the rammer from the same movie
Woofto Car Club Member No 1
FB EK Forum Member No: 249
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

I often wondered what happened to the rammer , last I recall it had been painted red and was sold to someone over on the north shore of Sydney
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

NoMAD

Running on Empty EK

Post by NoMAD »

Hey Blacky seeing as you owned the car, can you give us any info on all the modifications that it had, also what sort of driveline did it run?

Cheers
NoMAD
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Geez NoMAD ,that was in 1982 ! Ive fried a lot of brain cells since then :lol:
Mechanically it was virually a stocker , grey motor with twin carbs , extractors and a whopping big cam that was a pig in traffic, 3 speed crash box with a floor shift , stock brakes and diff.
It had a bonnet bulge from a 6cyl TC/TD Cortina welded onto the bonnet , a little set of flares moulded in , Datsun 200B indicators fitted at the front of the guards ,front quarter windows removed , black vinyl roof and apparently the colour was off a Jag.
Interior had a big home made console made of timber and covered with black crushed velvet and those fake bronze push in studs (this was in 1982 remember) , the front seats were Paddy Hopkirk "easy riders" and were probably the most comfortable seats ive ever had in a car. The back seat was stock with a seatcover and all the door trims and headliner were painted with black vinyl spray.
It had 4 guages mounted on short lengths of exhaust pipe coming out of the speaker grille angled towards the driver and the obligatory tacho mounted on the dash and of course a little sports steering wheel.
Front wheels were 13x7 deep dish torana chromies and the rears were 14x8 widened hK rims although I only got one of the rear wheels because the other one got wrecked in the rollover when they fitted it to the stunt double FB - I think the other rim is still under the oldies house in Sydney come to think of it.

EK 9893

Post by EK 9893 »

Hey Blacky,

That's just now i remembered it. It's a shame it went out in pieces but i recall it had a fair bit of rust in it and that's why my mate decided to scrap it. Still looking for some photo's of it but my mum believes she tossed all the old ones out during her last big clean up.

Tony