Ek ute front seat

Includes seating, upholstery, door trims, dashboard and heater.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Ek ute front seat

Post by Guest »

I'm soon to have my EK ute front seat re-upholstered in blue with grey insert as per id plate & not sure how the original colour combination & the fake stiching should look. Have spoken to 2 people & both have different answers.
If any one can post a picture I would be greatfull

Cheers Nickers[/list]
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

G`day Nickers , I have an original seat out of an FB ute at home , if someone could tell us if they are the same or not I can email you a photo no trouble.

Post by Guest »

Blacky that I dont know either - I would assume so - but typically Holden back then, it may well have depended on the day, but can ya send a pic anyway
Cheers Nickers
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

No worries Nickers , am just about to jump in the ute and head bush - wil;l take a photo on the weekend and post it .

Post by Guest »

Hi Blacky
How did you get on with the photo of the ute front seat - is the photo from the same ute you picked up lately if not what is the blue trim colour in that - I'm looking for gnome blue colour - trim code 529-984 - so I can hopfully get some vinyl close to it.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

G`day Nickers , got home last night , have taken a photo of the seat and will post it as soon as I can .
I`m not sure what colour the ute is , I might get the numbers off it and post them here .
I am heading away again today for the rest of the week so that may have to wait.
earlyholdenfan
State: NOT ENTERED

The Numbers Game

Post by earlyholdenfan »

Hi Guys!
Not to sure if everyone knows this so I will enlighten evryone, for those that do bear with me,
Dr Terry, one of the most renowned database numbers men anywhere collects the vehicle numbers for Old Holdens and relentlessly maintains a database of "who is who" in the 48-215 to HR world, any numbers that you have would be appreciated and I may start a seperate post and start to gather them for him as it is (IMHO) vital information and any assistance we can give can only benefiet the preservation of the olden's and answer questions like these!
Cheers
Matt

Post by Guest »

No problems Blacky - not putting the pressure on - just touching base really

Cheers Nick
reidy
State: VIC

Post by reidy »

Hi, regarding ute seats, and please correct me if i am wrong, Ek seats had an insert but the material was a coarser grain than special seats and the Fb ute seats had no inserts at all but the same type of coarse grain. Standards also had the same coarse grain as commercials. Regards Bill 8)

Post by Guest »

Hi reidy
I have no idea to be honest - the seats in my ute were sedan,
Ek seats did have the coarser grain material but I'm unsure about is how the insert looked on ute's - was it just accross the top of the back of the seat or was it sewn vertical - ie down the back & onto the squab (where driver/passengers sit) with vertical stiching.

Any pictures would be appreciated

Cheers Nickers

Post by Guest »

Would anyone have any pictures on the EK ute front seat with an insert, or could provide me with some info regarding -

width of the inserts
distance in from the edge of the seat
distance between the stiching on the inserts
distance between the driver & passenger inserts

I'm getting mine re-upholstered & have varying opinions on how it should look, the seat that was in it was a sedan so I can't copy from the old one.
I have details on an FB ute but they were quite different to the EK I believe.
fe2ek
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by fe2ek »

I have got a near NOS EK Ute seat hidden away at my dear old mums.It is red with silver/grey inserts.Fake stitching is approx one inch apart.Mine still has the original plastic cover on it.I think the insert material is the same as used in the back of wagons.Email me if you still need photos or measurements.
Cheers Geoff